Page 43 of 78 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 778

Thread: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

  1. #421
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    gibbs thinks dems disappointed in obama should be drug tested?



    Robert Gibbs: Comments were ?inartful? - Kendra Marr - POLITICO.com

    i wonder how the secty feels about the half of new york dems who want to burn our founding documents

    i wonder what the urinalysis will show

    Maybe a need for a full work up.....


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #422
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    gibbs thinks dems disappointed in obama should be drug tested?



    Robert Gibbs: Comments were ?inartful? - Kendra Marr - POLITICO.com

    i wonder how the secty feels about the half of new york dems who want to burn our founding documents

    i wonder what the urinalysis will show
    I thought the media worshipped Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  3. #423
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    I thought the media worshipped Obama.

    the luster may be wearing off as the lies build....


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #424
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    I thought the media worshipped Obama.
    oh, no

    the bloom is completely OFF that thrill, long time ago

    ALL the headlines are HORRENDOUS, for months

    where ya been?
    Last edited by The Prof; 08-10-10 at 03:08 PM.

  5. #425
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    oh, no

    the bloom is completely OFF that thrill, long time ago

    ALL the headlines are BAD, for months

    where ya been?
    Conservatives really should get their talking points straight. Not doing so makes the ideology look chaotic and unorganized. It also lends credence to the "Party of no" accusations.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  6. #426
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Conservatives really should get their talking points straight. Not doing so makes the ideology look chaotic and unorganized. It also lends credence to the "Party of no" accusations.
    get their talking points straight...

    LOL!

    and half the party in power needs be drug tested

  7. #427
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Conservatives really should get their talking points straight. Not doing so makes the ideology look chaotic and unorganized. It also lends credence to the "Party of no" accusations.

    Only among liberals doing their level best to cover for this inept joke of a President.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #428
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,974

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Hey! Build whatever you want, Support what ever you want. I Never, NOT ONCE said that a Mosque shouldn't be built in America at all. Just not at Ground Zero. Don't you get it? If you think that for one moment that my argument is based in destroying rights, then I have a far different view than that which you subscribe to me.
    First, there's a different between saying they SHOULDN'T build it there and that they should be PROHIBITED by the government from building there. It seems to me you're suggesting the latter. If I'm incorrect and you're suggesting the first, then my apologizes.

    Second, if your argument IS the latter then yes, your argument IS about destroying rights. You're suggesting the government limit a private citizen from engaging in a private business transaction due to their religious beliefs.

    It is odd to me why no one is bothering to answer a question I posed earlier in this thread which is, why is it so damned important to rush this building through the process, without concrete answers, and demonization of opposition to it, while St. Nicholas Church, a Greek Orthodox church, that already existed, and was damaged by the events of 9/11 is being stonewalled on its own rebuilding?
    What concrete answers? What rushing? Perhaps I missed it, and if i did please point me to the post numbers showing it, but I've seen nothing suggesting this has been "rushed" forward. I do not think that a private busines or individual should be stiffled from their lawful purchase and building of land because of conspiracy theories and unfounded accusations of possible potential ties that might possible mean that they could possibly be supportive of something and that going forward as normal rather than worrying about those things is not "rushing" it, it is simply following NORMAL procedures.

    Something else being WRONG doesn't necessarily make this wrong or right. Two situations are not directly tied to each other. One can absolutely think its wrong that St. Nicholas is being stonewalled while ALSO feeling its wrong to try and legally deny these people. However I've honestly not seen much about St. Nicholas to form an opinion and again, if I missed it, let me know the post number and I'll happily go read.

    However the issue with St. Nicholas, assuming you're correct in how you present it, being wrong does not necessarily mean THIS is incorrect. People doing wrong in two cases and situations is possible.

  9. #429
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Only among liberals doing their level best to cover for this inept joke of a President.


    j-mac
    except half of em aren't

    y'know, the journo-listers, the net-roots folks

    as gibbs calls em, the "professional left"

    congressman nadler, the results of your drug test are IN...

    and you have NOT been smoking crack!

    nadler (have you seen him, the most obese man in dc, my belle has a lot of work to do with him) jumps up and down madly on the stage, all 3 chins bouncing, pumping that cubby fist in triumphant exultation!

    LOL!
    Last edited by The Prof; 08-10-10 at 03:22 PM.

  10. #430
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    member 1---hey, build whatever you want

    member 2---there's a difference between saying it SHOULDN'T be built and saying it's PROHIBITED, it seems to me you're arguing the latter...

    unbelievable

    member 2, from another thread---you have repeatedly beaten up one gigantic strawman because you do not possess the ability to actually debate my arguments as you continually misrepresent my argument not in a slight way but in an obviously glaring way (p129 of thread on CA gay marriage ruling)

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...eport-129.html

Page 43 of 78 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •