Page 37 of 78 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 778

Thread: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

  1. #361
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Then you don't know what extremely conservative is. The only person on this site that I truly believe is moderate/centrist is donsutherland. Mostly I don't believe in those words though.
    Only an extreme conservative would want to dismantle the bill of rights to squash Islamists.

  2. #362
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Freedom of Religion has certain restrictions when the religious practices come into conflict with the law.
    HOw has this mosque come into conflict with the law? What criminal activity have these people engaged in? Please, feel free to outline this, in detail.

    The simple fact that you don't like them doesn't mean that they are breaking the law. Or even, for that matter, committing a criminal conspiracy.

  3. #363
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    If they were talking about erecting statues of or hanging portraits of the 9/11 bombers, I could see your point. I could also see the place burning down just as they were cutting the ribbon.

    This is like saying that building a church a few blocks away from a bombed-out women's health clinic is building a monument to those murdered in the blast. Complete and utter crap.

    Instead of picking out a part of what I posted to feign outrage at Dan, why don't you read, and view the entire thing. Do you even know why this Imam wanted to name this offensive mosque "Cordoba House"? Do you even know the significance?

    Ignorance will be no excuse.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #364
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    HOw has this mosque come into conflict with the law? What criminal activity have these people engaged in? Please, feel free to outline this, in detail.

    The simple fact that you don't like them doesn't mean that they are breaking the law. Or even, for that matter, committing a criminal conspiracy.
    The Bill of Rights has not been interpreted by the Court to be without some reasonable restrictions. Freedom of speech stops at libel, slander, yelling fire in a crowded theater (when there is no fire), etc. A logical limitation on the 2nd Amendment would be the exclusion of criminals and the mentally insane from the right to keep and bear arms.

    For the same reason, I think there can be a reasonable restriction on freedom of religion. If you worship Quetzelcoatl, you aren't going to be allowed to cut out someone's heart for a sacrifice. A Kali worshipper can't strangle a sacrifical victim and the druids can't burn a man in a basket at Samhain.

    For the same reason, I think that sooner or later, we must prohibit Islam in this country. The Koran and Hadith commands Muslims to convert the world to Islam by peaceful means if possible, by deception and violence if necessary. The options are to pay a dhimmi tax if you are Jewish or Christian, convert to Islam or die. Atheists don't get to keep the option of not believing. If their numbers were small, or they were otherwise incapable of making good on their commandment, then it wouldn't be much of an issue. But their numbers continue to grow both in this country and in others and their means of waging war now constitute a clear and present danger to the US.

  5. #365
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Yeah! Those bastards want to destroy our way of life and the freedom we represent, so to stick it to them we should buck our way of life and destroy the freedoms we represent! Yeah! That'll show'em!

    Mockery to make yourself appear to be moderate is a thinly veiled rouse. Fact of the matter is that this mosque is an atrocity that should not go forward where they want it.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #366
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Mockery to make yourself appear to be moderate is a thinly veiled rouse. Fact of the matter is that this mosque is an atrocity that should not go forward where they want it.

    j-mac
    I don't mock your argument to appear to be moderate. I mock your argument based solely and singularly on conservative principles, namely the respect and adherence to the constitution and the belief that government shouldn't be shoving its nose into private individuals business actions.

    Disagreeing with hysterical people who use their fears and hatreds to justify ****ting upon our constitution does not make a moderate

  7. #367
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    The Bill of Rights has not been interpreted by the Court to be without some reasonable restrictions. Freedom of speech stops at libel, slander, yelling fire in a crowded theater (when there is no fire), etc. A logical limitation on the 2nd Amendment would be the exclusion of criminals and the mentally insane from the right to keep and bear arms.

    For the same reason, I think there can be a reasonable restriction on freedom of religion. If you worship Quetzelcoatl, you aren't going to be allowed to cut out someone's heart for a sacrifice. A Kali worshipper can't strangle a sacrifical victim and the druids can't burn a man in a basket at Samhain.

    For the same reason, I think that sooner or later, we must prohibit Islam in this country. The Koran and Hadith commands Muslims to convert the world to Islam by peaceful means if possible, by deception and violence if necessary. The options are to pay a dhimmi tax if you are Jewish or Christian, convert to Islam or die. Atheists don't get to keep the option of not believing. If their numbers were small, or they were otherwise incapable of making good on their commandment, then it wouldn't be much of an issue. But their numbers continue to grow both in this country and in others and their means of waging war now constitute a clear and present danger to the US.
    We don't need to ban Islam. The first amendment allows for religious freedom, and also protects us from religious persecution. Muslims can practice peacefully, and if anyone goes out of line the first amendment will protect all non-muslims. It's that simple. No need to piss on the first amendment because your scared.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  8. #368
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    For the same reason, I think there can be a reasonable restriction on freedom of religion. If you worship Quetzelcoatl, you aren't going to be allowed to cut out someone's heart for a sacrifice. A Kali worshipper can't strangle a sacrifical victim and the druids can't burn a man in a basket at Samhain.

    For the same reason, I think that sooner or later, we must prohibit Islam in this country. The Koran and Hadith commands Muslims to convert the world to Islam by peaceful means if possible, by deception and violence if necessary. The options are to pay a dhimmi tax if you are Jewish or Christian, convert to Islam or die. Atheists don't get to keep the option of not believing. If their numbers were small, or they were otherwise incapable of making good on their commandment, then it wouldn't be much of an issue. But their numbers continue to grow both in this country and in others and their means of waging war now constitute a clear and present danger to the US.
    There is a big difference between cutting out someone's heart and prostelytizing. Don't Christians believe that you must convert to Christianity or suffer eternally in the afterlife?

    You're promoting thought crimes. I can't buy into putting limits on people's freedom to worship according to the dictates of their conscience, as long as they aren't committing criminal acts. Wanting to convert people isn't a criminal act. Thinking people should die isn't a crime. Planning or committing that murder IS in fact a crime, and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

    I wonder why this is so hard for you people.
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 08-10-10 at 11:58 AM.

  9. #369
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    We don't need to ban Islam. The first amendment allows for religious freedom, and also protects us from religious persecution. Muslims can practice peacefully, and if anyone goes out of line the first amendment will protect all non-muslims. It's that simple. No need to piss on the first amendment because your scared.
    lol....Whether their beliefs are true and Allah is the one and only God or not is ****ing irrelevant. The issue is whether they are a threat or not.

    Do we consider them a threat? Yes! Unfortunately, you haven't researched Islam enough to make any sort of educated statement about the ultimate goals or principles of the religion

  10. #370
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Do we consider them a threat? Yes! Unfortunately, you haven't researched Islam enough to make any sort of educated statement about the ultimate goals or principles of the religion
    What specific criminal acts have the members of this mosque committed?

Page 37 of 78 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •