Page 28 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 778

Thread: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

  1. #271
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    Yet the guy that is building it has worked for the United States and has helped forge relationships between the United States and Islamic countries. You have a very closed minded point of view.
    Really? Ya he has worked for the U.S. just like the unindicted co-conspirators of CAIR. If blaming us for 9-11 is working for us then I hate to see working against us.

  2. #272
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Because the guy wouldn't find a legitimate political party in Palestine a terrorist group, that instantly makes him a horrible person? Feisal Abdul Rauf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  3. #273
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Really? Ya he has worked for the U.S. just like the unindicted co-conspirators of CAIR. If blaming us for 9-11 is working for us then I hate to see working against us.
    I hate to break up this party.

    But the last time you claimed something like this, which was that the ground breaking ceremony was gonna be on 9/11 2011. That turned out to be false.

    You seem to have very little interest in the truth Ferris. You wanna stop this no matter what. How do I know this claim about what he said is false too?

  4. #274
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,887

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    We get it, you don't like the Bible and you think anyone that believes in it is a ****ing idiot.
    It has nothing to do with whether or not I like the bible; historic fact contradicts the "history" of the bible. The only people that actually believe that the bible is historic fact are the same people that are willing to believe the bible over science. Which leads me to my next point, and that is that to believe in any sort of prophecy, biblical or otherwise, is delusional. There is no such thing as prophecy.

    And by the way, I think the bible is a wonderful work of literature. I just tend to believe in science/history/common sense instead of taking what was written in a book as truth.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  5. #275
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    It has nothing to do with whether or not I like the bible; historic fact contradicts the "history" of the bible. The only people that actually believe that the bible is historic fact are the same people that are willing to believe the bible over science. Which leads me to my next point, and that is that to believe in any sort of prophecy, biblical or otherwise, is delusional. There is no such thing as prophecy.

    And by the way, I think the bible is a wonderful work of literature. I just tend to believe in science/history/common sense instead of taking what was written in a book as truth.
    I dunno that is a thin line you tread, really a lot of scientist can and have argued that the conditions and what was described in the bible correlate with the time that is actually supposed to be happening but that is neither here nor there. You almost validate him by bringing in the science of a religious book into the conversation when it ultimately is supposed to be about if these guys can build their little Y center or not.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  6. #276
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    I dunno that is a thin line you tread, really a lot of scientist can and have argued that the conditions and what was described in the bible correlate with the time that is actually supposed to be happening but that is neither here nor there. You almost validate him by bringing in the science of a religious book into the conversation when it ultimately is supposed to be about if these guys can build their little Y center or not.
    Militant Atheist get under my skin, I shouldn't have responded.

    Also, to Jet, I too heard they wanted to break ground on 09/11/11 on both TV and the Radio at some point.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  7. #277
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Militant Atheist get under my skin, I shouldn't have responded.

    Also, to Jet, I too heard they wanted to break ground on 09/11/11 on both TV and the Radio at some point.
    The should do it the next day and call it the 9/12 project.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  8. #278
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    The should do it the next day and call it the 9/12 project.
    Naw someone already does that I think. Can't remember there name that started it up. Whoever it is though would have to be the most unAmerican whore for cash the U.S. has ever seen, and should be ashamed of his or herselves.
    Last edited by JohnWOlin; 08-07-10 at 05:44 PM.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  9. #279
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    I hate to break up this party.

    But the last time you claimed something like this, which was that the ground breaking ceremony was gonna be on 9/11 2011. That turned out to be false.
    A) You are a liar it was never proven false, I have provided numerous sources for that assertion.

    B) I provided the exact quotes from the radio interview and from the 60 minutes transcript in the former he refuses to concede that Hamas is a terrorist organization and and in the latter he blames the U.S. for bringing 9-11 on himself and says OBL was made in America. I have provided the evidence and have personally heard the audio, any denials at this point really go to prove that you are not a defender of the rights of Islamists but a defender of Islamism.

    You seem to have very little interest in the truth Ferris. You wanna stop this no matter what. How do I know this claim about what he said is false too?
    I already posted the ****ing evidence.

    Here it is again:

    Bradley: Are you in any way suggesting that we in the United States deserved what happened?

    Faisal: I wouldn't say that the United States deserved what happened, but united states policies were an accessory to the crime that happened.

    Bradley: You say that we're an accessory? How?

    Faisal: Because we have been accessory to a lot of innocent lives dying in the world. In fact, in the most direct sense, Osama bin Laden is made in the USA.

    Prominent American Muslims denounce terror committed in the name of Islam
    [quote]

    According to the State Department's assessment, "Hamas terrorists, especially those in the Izz al-Din al-Qassam Brigades, have conducted many attacks, including large-scale suicide bombings, against Israeli civilian and military targets."

    Asked if he agreed with the State Department's assessment, Imam Faisal Abdul Rauf told WABC radio, "Look, I'm not a politician.

    "The issue of terrorism is a very complex question," he told interviewer Aaron Klein.

    "There was an attempt in the '90s to have the UN define what terrorism is and say who was a terrorist. There was no ability to get agreement on that."

    Asked again for his opinion on Hamas, an exasperated Rauf wouldn't budge.

    "I am a peace builder. I will not allow anybody to put me in a position where I am seen by any party in the world as an adversary or as an enemy," Rauf said, insisting that he wants to see peace in Israel between Jews and Arabs.

    Rauf also would not answer a question about Egypt's outlawed Muslim Brotherhood.

    "I have nothing to do with the Muslim Brotherhood. My father was never a member of the Muslim Brotherhood," he said, disputing a rumor.


    Muslim Imam leading push to build a mosque near Ground Zero wavers on questions about Hamas as a terror group - NYPOST.com
    Game, set, match, thanks for playing now go on about defending not just the right to build the shrine to oppression but the shrine to oppression itself. Islamist apologists sicken me to no end.

  10. #280
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    A) You are a liar it was never proven false, I have provided numerous sources for that assertion.
    Your so called "sources" were opinion articles. If you want to skim the basement i put all the posts in order and debunked this claim. No mainstream source or authority supports this claim.

    B) I provided the exact quotes from the radio interview and from the 60 minutes transcript in the former he refuses to concede that Hamas is a terrorist organization and and in the latter he blames the U.S. for bringing 9-11 on himself and says OBL was made in America. I have provided the evidence and have personally heard the audio, any denials at this point really go to prove that you are not a defender of the rights of Islamists but a defender of Islamism.
    I will study this source (not the NYPOST one, that is a TABLOID) if it turns out to be legitimate I'll have an opinion. Provide facts and I will respond positively to you, provide bull**** and I won't ferris.

    Game, set, match, thanks for playing now go on about defending not just the right to build the shrine to oppression but the shrine to oppression itself. Islamist apologists sicken me to no end.
    I may not agree with Islam, or any religion for that matter... But this isn't about agreeing with it or not. It's about private property rights and freedom of religion. And i don't get to subvert those rights when it's suits me.

Page 28 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •