Page 20 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 778

Thread: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

  1. #191
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    again, the price will be paid at the polls

    go for it!
    And again, it's not going to matter because we're held to only two parties. So even if one is kicked out now because of it A) The party which takes over will not be able to overturn the court's decision B) The party which loses will eventually come back into power.

    Enjoy the one party system.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #192
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    even if one is kicked out now because of it A) The party which takes over will not be able to overturn the court's decision B) The party which loses will eventually come back into power.
    eventually...

    LOL!

    somehow i don't think ms pelosi shares your equanimous vision

  3. #193
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    eventually...

    LOL!

    somehow i don't think ms pelosi shares your equanimous vision
    I don't see why Pelosi matters. This is an issue for the State and city of New York. It should have no bearing on the elections in other states.

  4. #194
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    I don't see why Pelosi matters. This is an issue for the State and city of New York. It should have no bearing on the elections in other states.
    oh, brother

    i don't know whether or not it SHOULD

    but it certainly WILL

    unbelievable

  5. #195
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    eventually...

    LOL!

    somehow i don't think ms pelosi shares your equanimous vision
    In terms of "punishments" it doesn't matter about specific individuals. Policies and platforms are promoted on the party level. People may be pissed off at say the Democrats and their policies because they voted or supported something the majority didn't like. And the individual politicians may pay the price by getting kicked out of office. But the Republicans won't be able to reverse the chance in policy. And within a few election cycles, the Republicans would have done something to piss people off and get voted out. Which returns the control to the Democrats and their policies and platforms which were originally "punished". Then within a few election cycles, they'll do something to piss the people off and get voted out. Which will then again return control to the Republicans.

    Teeter Totter negates "punishment" via voting.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #196
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    oh, brother

    i don't know whether or not it SHOULD

    but it certainly WILL

    unbelievable
    I don't understand why it will though. This is something for the state of New York. Any other state shouldn't vote for a person because simply because of this.

  7. #197
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    I don't understand why it will though. This is something for the state of New York. Any other state shouldn't vote for a person because simply because of this.
    Its been brought up in the Governor's race, three out of the seven candidates took a stand on the issue.

    Warren Redlich: “Carl Paladino and the Mosque” | Independent Political Report

    Oh and Lew Rockwell has put out a few thoughts as well

    Of course, some are opposed to forgetting the hostilities of the past and seeking mutual understanding, such as Republican neocons Sarah Palin and Newt Gingrich, Ayn Randian Leonard Peikoff, the ADL, and Libertarian official Wayne Allyn Root.

    They’re all warmongers, as is everyone hyperventilating about the “mosque,” and warmongers believe in hate. After all, it’s one of the building blocks of war. Ron Paul has always held that social tolerance is necessary to a free society, and events as well as religion show him to be right. To read the bloodthirsty Peikoff or Root, for example, is to see the spirit of totalitarianism.

    Justin Raimondo points out that it is not a mosque after all, but rather sort of an Islamic YMCA (not that there would be anything wrong with a mosque), and it is four huge New York blocks away from the murder site. The destruction of the World Trade Towers was an horrific act if war. But how many office buildings full of civilians has the US government incinerated from the air, in a hundred cities? Oh, but you say, that is the government, and so it is not mass murder but public policy. No, for the moral law applies to people in government just as surely as it does to their subjects.
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewr...ves/62598.html
    Last edited by Cold Highway; 08-04-10 at 09:54 PM.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  8. #198
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    I don't understand why it will though. This is something for the state of New York. Any other state shouldn't vote for a person because simply because of this.
    thank you, 9-11 was an extremely national event

    just look how all the folks in this forum, the floridans and californians, are reacting

  9. #199
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    In terms of "punishments" it doesn't matter about specific individuals. Policies and platforms are promoted on the party level. People may be pissed off at say the Democrats and their policies because they voted or supported something the majority didn't like. And the individual politicians may pay the price by getting kicked out of office. But the Republicans won't be able to reverse the chance in policy. And within a few election cycles, the Republicans would have done something to piss people off and get voted out. Which returns the control to the Democrats and their policies and platforms which were originally "punished". Then within a few election cycles, they'll do something to piss the people off and get voted out. Which will then again return control to the Republicans.

    Teeter Totter negates "punishment" via voting.
    with all due respect, tell it to creigh deeds, martha coakley, john corzine...

  10. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Ground zero mosque wins key vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    No laws against being offended.
    Unless you live in Canada and the person being offended is Muslim.

Page 20 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •