Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Illegal immigrant who killed nun in accident was released by feds

  1. #1
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Illegal immigrant who killed nun in accident was released by feds

    The man suspected of drunken driving and killing a Catholic nun in Prince William County this weekend is an illegal immigrant who was awaiting deportation and who federal immigration authorities had released pending further proceedings, police said Monday.The man, Carlos Montano, a county resident, had been arrested by police twice before on drunk-driving charges, and on at least one of those occasions county police reported him to federal authorities.

    "We have determined that he is in the country illegally. He has been arrested by Prince William County Police in the past," said Officer Jonathan Perok, a police spokesman, who said U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement was notified at the time of one of those arrests.


    Illegal immigrant who killed nun in accident was released by feds - Washington Times

    This is just one example of what sanctuary city policies get you. Americans killed by illegals
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  2. #2
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Illegal immigrant who killed nun in accident was released by feds

    I should run for Mayor of someplace and declare it a sanctuary city for people who shoot illegal immigrants.
    Hell, if you can declare sanctuary status for one kind of criminal you should be able to declare it for another kind of criminal, right?

  3. #3
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Illegal immigrant who killed nun in accident was released by feds

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    The man suspected of drunken driving and killing a Catholic nun in Prince William County this weekend is an illegal immigrant who was awaiting deportation and who federal immigration authorities had released pending further proceedings, police said Monday.The man, Carlos Montano, a county resident, had been arrested by police twice before on drunk-driving charges, and on at least one of those occasions county police reported him to federal authorities.

    "We have determined that he is in the country illegally. He has been arrested by Prince William County Police in the past," said Officer Jonathan Perok, a police spokesman, who said U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement was notified at the time of one of those arrests.


    Illegal immigrant who killed nun in accident was released by feds - Washington Times

    This is just one example of what sanctuary city policies get you. Americans killed by illegals
    What sanctuary policy forced the police to release this man and is stopping Immigration from deporting him?
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  4. #4
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Illegal immigrant who killed nun in accident was released by feds

    Like Americans dont kill other Americans? Such a ****ing retarded point

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    What sanctuary policy forced the police to release this man and is stopping Immigration from deporting him?
    Exactly. Why didnt the government morons deport the scumbag?
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  5. #5
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: Illegal immigrant who killed nun in accident was released by feds

    I don't see the point of throwing out the sancturary word. Even if it was meant to talk about the general attitude of the Federal Government towards illegal immigrations, the fact that its a commonly used word with a specific connotation in the immigration debate makes it a poor choice.

    Unless you were actually refering to PWC as a sanctuary area, in which case you'd be extremely mistaken. If I remember correctly Prince William has some of the harsher illegal immigration laws in Virginia and the country. Unfortunantly however there's little one can do when the Federal Government won't do its ****ing job.

  6. #6
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Illegal immigrant who killed nun in accident was released by feds

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    The man suspected of drunken driving and killing a Catholic nun in Prince William County this weekend is an illegal immigrant who was awaiting deportation and who federal immigration authorities had released pending further proceedings, police said Monday.The man, Carlos Montano, a county resident, had been arrested by police twice before on drunk-driving charges, and on at least one of those occasions county police reported him to federal authorities.

    "We have determined that he is in the country illegally. He has been arrested by Prince William County Police in the past," said Officer Jonathan Perok, a police spokesman, who said U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement was notified at the time of one of those arrests.


    Illegal immigrant who killed nun in accident was released by feds - Washington Times

    This is just one example of what sanctuary city policies get you. Americans killed by illegals
    I also don't understand what sanctuary cities have to do with it. If due process wasn't followed, then heads should roll. If due process WAS followed, well, then it's just one more very unfortunate occurrence in a country of 300 million people. Drunk drivers kill people all the time, yes? The fact that he was out on bond or whatever is immaterial. Now, if you told me he was out on bond for a drunk driving conviction, I'd be livid. But this? Well, just one of those awful things that happen.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  7. #7
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Illegal immigrant who killed nun in accident was released by feds

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I also don't understand what sanctuary cities have to do with it. If due process wasn't followed, then heads should roll. If due process WAS followed, well, then it's just one more very unfortunate occurrence in a country of 300 million people. Drunk drivers kill people all the time, yes? The fact that he was out on bond or whatever is immaterial. Now, if you told me he was out on bond for a drunk driving conviction, I'd be livid. But this? Well, just one of those awful things that happen.
    Because Sanctuary cities refuse to inform ICE of illegal aliens they have arrested. Its a treasonous and deadly practice.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  8. #8
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Illegal immigrant who killed nun in accident was released by feds

    Hey, what's the big deal? It was just a nun, right? The govt can't interfere in this anyway, separation of church and state. We can't have the govt protecting the church, right?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #9
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Illegal immigrant who killed nun in accident was released by feds

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I don't see the point of throwing out the sancturary word. Even if it was meant to talk about the general attitude of the Federal Government towards illegal immigrations, the fact that its a commonly used word with a specific connotation in the immigration debate makes it a poor choice.

    Unless you were actually refering to PWC as a sanctuary area, in which case you'd be extremely mistaken. If I remember correctly Prince William has some of the harsher illegal immigration laws in Virginia and the country. Unfortunantly however there's little one can do when the Federal Government won't do its ****ing job.
    Would sancturary country fit better?
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  10. #10
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Illegal immigrant who killed nun in accident was released by feds

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Because Sanctuary cities refuse to inform ICE of illegal aliens they have arrested. Its a treasonous and deadly practice.
    When did that happen? According to your article ICE was notified of this illegal and he was awaiting deportation.

    I think your argument should be more with ICE not deporting fast enough and less with the city being a "sanctuary".
    Last edited by Gibberish; 08-03-10 at 05:31 PM.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •