Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: Fox News Receives Front-Row Seat in White House Briefing Room

  1. #11
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,345
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Fox News Receives Front-Row Seat in White House Briefing Room

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    Well Zimmer, when you mix entertainment with information and blend the lines between them of course you get more people. It doesn't hurt to have a bunch of blonde blue eyed honeys that probably have no idea what the hell they are talking about because they are to busy updating their twitter status.
    You talking about that chick with the Morning Joe who keeps getting updates from the White House?

    LOL... I didn't know Beck, Cavuto, Shep, O'Reilly were "blonde blue eyed honeys". I guess they hired Couric for her hard news experience? And what about the babes on CNN?

    FYI... these babes are news readers... and let's say they don't know what they are talking about... so what. They are reading news gathered and produced for them to... read. BTW... if they are so lame, why do Dems run from FOXNEWS?

    Hmm let me think..Baywatch babe or Rachel Maddow...I think you know what most people would rather stare at for an hour straight.
    Yeah, people prefer to watch someone who doesn't have obvious disdain for this country.

    So long as you folks keep thinking this is FOXNEWS secret... you'll keep looking like absolute fools.

    A bunch of people yelling at eachother like baboons in "Brady Bunch patch/Hollywood Squares" format, or a calm civil discussion representing both sides?
    Like this never happened before? Whenever you get both sides facing off, it can get heated... when you have a group of leftists agreeing with one another... you generally don't. You might enjoy the leftist circle jerk, I prefer to see an honest, aggressive clash of ideas.

    Lastly, take a look at Howard Stern, more people listened to him than liked him just to see what crazy **** he would say next, see people like Bill O' Reily and Glenn Beck.
    ROTFLOL... again... you think people watch FOXNEWS because it's Baywatch or a Freak Show... nice try.

    I think though this really isn't a story, at least it isn't because Fox got their way and can't spin it in anyway.
    ??? WTF does that mean???

    You know what the funniest bit I've read about FOXNEWS... is they have liberals on... but the wrong kind!!! LOL...

    http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/fe...news_democrats
    Plenty of Democrats do appear on Fox.

    ...Fox also has a stable of regular commentators, some under contract to the network, who pop up frequently as representatives of the Democratic or progressive viewpoint.
    A hilarious read...

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 08-03-10 at 06:17 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  2. #12
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Fox News Receives Front-Row Seat in White House Briefing Room

    I obviously separated my points out so you knew exactly what I was talking about. Also I was unaware that when State of the Union on CNN interviews a Republican senator from SC and then a Democrat from NY that makes them unbalanced?

    Also you seem to be a pretty angry guy towards me for no apparent reason. How am I getting my "ass thumped"? Are you telling me you would rather not understand what the hell anyone is saying, would rather people yell louder (because the louder you are the more valid your point becomes!) than actually get a better understanding of the topic?

    Look I will admit, I will switch between the big 3 back and forth, and I like to watch me some O Reily (he is probably the only sane one on that entire network) and I just LOVE Beck's history lessons but if I want actual intelligent discussions I typically turn to PBS or CNN.

  3. #13
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,345
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Fox News Receives Front-Row Seat in White House Briefing Room

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    I obviously separated my points out so you knew exactly what I was talking about. Also I was unaware that when State of the Union on CNN interviews a Republican senator from SC and then a Democrat from NY that makes them unbalanced?
    Shall we file this under "even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while"? Balance is a rare thing at CNN, having been an avid consumer of their pap. We won't bring up their sister network MSNBC.

    Also you seem to be a pretty angry guy towards me for no apparent reason.
    Pretty angry... ROTFLOL... I find your take more than amusing... and spell it out as I see it. Let's just say, you'd be a fine chairman of ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC or CNN. You've got the mindset to take them to greater depths.

    How am I getting my "ass thumped"? Are you telling me you would rather not understand what the hell anyone is saying, would rather people yell louder (because the louder you are the more valid your point becomes!) than actually get a better understanding of the topic?
    You make hilariously false accusations about the success of FOXNEWS... like it's some porn network, and the masses tune in because babes have nice breasts, legs and faces. Ahhh... may I suggest that's a pretty immature take on why FOXNEWS kicks the crap out of its competitors.

    You don't think it goes a bit deeper than that? Do you?

    Look I will admit, I will switch between the big 3 back and forth, and I like to watch me some O Reily (he is probably the only sane one on that entire network) and I just LOVE Beck's history lessons but if I want actual intelligent discussions I typically turn to PBS or CNN.
    FOX's opinion shows are excellent, Cavuto is a stud, Shep... you don't know what side of the aisle he's on and that's more than fine, and their hard news beats the others because it has more balance; they actually have representation of what the right believes... a refreshing oddity after decades of leftist monopoly.

    You get the feeling FOXNEWS doesn't hate America, a feeling many get from watching the arrogant old guard.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 08-03-10 at 06:36 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  4. #14
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Fox News Receives Front-Row Seat in White House Briefing Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Bet a dollar to a donut that they STILL won't get it right. LOL!
    don't donuts cost about a dollar these days?

    Fox should have gotten it. It isn't like they aren't the top rated news network or anything...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  5. #15
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Fox News Receives Front-Row Seat in White House Briefing Room

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    A bunch of people yelling at eachother like baboons in "Brady Bunch patch/Hollywood Squares" format, or a calm civil discussion representing both sides?
    Yeah... damn that Fox News for starting the yelling with shows like Crossfire....

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  6. #16
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,345
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Fox News Receives Front-Row Seat in White House Briefing Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Yeah... damn that Fox News for starting the yelling with shows like Crossfire....
    I loved Crossfire.
    It was about the only show where they had both sides equally presented and some decent spokesmen from the right.

    With CNN's tanking ratings, they might be wise to bring it back.
    If they had good representatives from the right, they might be able to make a dent in the ratings against FOX at least that time slot.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 08-03-10 at 03:21 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,028

    Re: Fox News Receives Front-Row Seat in White House Briefing Room

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    Well Zimmer, when you mix entertainment with information and blend the lines between them of course you get more people. It doesn't hurt to have a bunch of blonde blue eyed honeys that probably have no idea what the hell they are talking about because they are to busy updating their twitter status.

    Hmm let me think..Baywatch babe or Rachel Maddow...I think you know what most people would rather stare at for an hour straight.

    A bunch of people yelling at eachother like baboons in "Brady Bunch patch/Hollywood Squares" format, or a calm civil discussion representing both sides?

    Lastly, take a look at Howard Stern, more people listened to him than liked him just to see what crazy **** he would say next, see people like Bill O' Reily and Glenn Beck.

    I think though this really isn't a story, at least it isn't because Fox got their way and can't spin it in anyway.
    So trite, so easy, and so incredibly wrong. But spew on.

    I'm not fond of the night time opinionators on Fox either, but the BS spewing from Olbermann and Maddow is so twisted and so blantantly and purposefully straight from the adminstration, it's obvious even to those at CNN, who seem to be noticing they're paltry numbers more and more and are giving up some of their unfettered support for Obama.

    Fox' chair in the press room is the only one seeming to even care to get it right.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Fox News Receives Front-Row Seat in White House Briefing Room

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I loved Crossfire.
    It was about the only show where they had both sides equally presented and some decent spokesmen from the right.

    With CNN's tanking ratings, they might be wise to bring it back.
    If they had good representatives from the right, they might be able to make a dent in the ratings against FOX at least that time slot.

    .
    Yep, me too. Seems as if CNN has been going downhill in the ratings since they cancelled it.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  9. #19
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Fox News Receives Front-Row Seat in White House Briefing Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    So trite, so easy, and so incredibly wrong. But spew on.

    I'm not fond of the night time opinionators on Fox either, but the BS spewing from Olbermann and Maddow is so twisted and so blantantly and purposefully straight from the adminstration, it's obvious even to those at CNN, who seem to be noticing they're paltry numbers more and more and are giving up some of their unfettered support for Obama.

    Fox' chair in the press room is the only one seeming to even care to get it right.
    No doubt they have a bias as do any of the cable network channels. However as is the case with CNN judging a network's worth or integrity based solely on ratings is a fatal misstep. It would be like claiming The History Channel is less valid because MTV has Jersey Shore, or if you would want to take it that far, The Colbert Report is more valid than any show on network cable news due to their viewership, or even worse Tosh.O (although you can't hate on Tosh!)
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  10. #20
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,345
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Fox News Receives Front-Row Seat in White House Briefing Room

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    No doubt they have a bias as do any of the cable network channels. However as is the case with CNN judging a network's worth or integrity based solely on ratings is a fatal misstep. It would be like claiming The History Channel is less valid because MTV has Jersey Shore, or if you would want to take it that far, The Colbert Report is more valid than any show on network cable news due to their viewership, or even worse Tosh.O (although you can't hate on Tosh!)
    Bad analogy and here is why:

    The history channel and MTV serve vastly different products and clients, though some may overlap.

    FOXNEWS and CNN serve the same product use the same news topics, the division is their opinion shows and the like. So it is a comparison of apples and apples. One healthy and growing, one rotting.

    FOXNEWS kicks ass because people find it better. They certainly didn't have the advantage of being first in the market, they are late-comers, and due to their Fair and Balanced approach, their broader spectrum of shows, even a palpable love of country... they have attracted and grown a broad audience.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 08-03-10 at 04:00 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •