Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 201

Thread: US combat mission in Iraq to end on schedule Aug 31: Obama

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: US combat mission in Iraq to end on schedule Aug 31: Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    That wasn't going to happen. Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Saudia Arabia... none of these states have a "Come on in Americans and hunt down terrorists!" policy.
    Iraq does. However, aren't Pakistan and Saudi Arabia our allies? One might well wonder why we are maintaining friendly relations with nations that have created a climate that is pro-terror.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: US combat mission in Iraq to end on schedule Aug 31: Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Even if the terrorist activities in Iraq could be defined as a criminal problem, the fact still remains that they are using military tactics to carry out their operations. The only way to combat a military force, is with a military force.
    Actually, their tactics are virtually identical to street gangs. You give these groups far too much credit.

  3. #53
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: US combat mission in Iraq to end on schedule Aug 31: Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    What Iraq really needs is a solid dose of McDonald's and Walmart. And our forces should be there, on the ground, to make that happen.
    Hell ya! Make them fat and lazy so they don't wanna be terrorists.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: US combat mission in Iraq to end on schedule Aug 31: Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Hell ya! Make them fat and lazy so they don't wanna be terrorists.
    We really should legalize pot consumption in Iraq.

  5. #55
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: US combat mission in Iraq to end on schedule Aug 31: Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    it would be our mistake to extend that mandate. we need to get the hell out of dodge and let the iraqis rule the iraqis, however flawed they might be.
    How are you going to feel about it when we have to send a brand new crop of American troops into Iraq to put things back together, again. They'll have to learn how to fight the enemy all over again.

    In terms of American KIA's, it would be better to just stay, until we are certain that the Iraqis can keep a handle on things, no matter how long that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: US combat mission in Iraq to end on schedule Aug 31: Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How are you going to feel about it when we have to send a brand new crop of American troops into Iraq to put things back together, again. They'll have to learn how to fight the enemy all over again.
    How I feel is that we should stop being the world's police department. Our plans for the invasion and nation-building of Iraq were flawed from the onset. Maybe we should get out of the business of propping up handpicked dictators like Saddam Hussein entirely, and then we wouldn't feel compelled to invade when things go sour.

    Yoru mentality is viewed upon a neo-con perception that it is America's job to keep order in the world. I'd say that a number of us feel differently.

  7. #57
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: US combat mission in Iraq to end on schedule Aug 31: Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Actually, their tactics are virtually identical to street gangs. You give these groups far too much credit.
    Care to post some examples of how street gangs use shaped charges in anti-armor ambushes? I've never noticed that street gangs used any sort of tactical doctrine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #58
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: US combat mission in Iraq to end on schedule Aug 31: Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Iraq does.
    Saddam sure didn't (the approach was offered as an alternative to the war)

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    However, aren't Pakistan and Saudi Arabia our allies? One might well wonder why we are maintaining friendly relations with nations that have created a climate that is pro-terror.
    They are our allies. Many of their people aren't. Leaders who allowed us in to carry out attacks on "terrorists" wouldn't be leaders for very long.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: US combat mission in Iraq to end on schedule Aug 31: Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How are you going to feel about it when we have to send a brand new crop of American troops into Iraq to put things back together, again. They'll have to learn how to fight the enemy all over again.

    In terms of American KIA's, it would be better to just stay, until we are certain that the Iraqis can keep a handle on things, no matter how long that is.
    How many troops have we already lost? So your argument is that we should stay there forever, because if we leave for some amount of time it may be possible in the future that we'll have to go back in. Thus the sustained presence, which will be taking casualties, will ultimately cause less casualties than the maybe future war would cause? That's the argument? Is there any proof, data, or anything on that or are we just making **** up as we go along?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: US combat mission in Iraq to end on schedule Aug 31: Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Care to post some examples of how street gangs use shaped charges in anti-armor ambushes? I've never noticed that street gangs used any sort of tactical doctrine.
    The difference is in weaponry and firepower, not tactics.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •