It's impossible to prove you wrong on your terms because your beliefs are based on your own unrealistic and delusional worldview.
"I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."
The world has one less two bit dictator. Yes, he was a bad guy.... but,
* Total deaths: Between 110,663 and 119,380
* Coalition deaths: 4,712
* U.S. deaths: 4,394
* U.S. wounded: 31,768
* U.S. deaths as a percentage of coalition deaths: 93.25 percent
* Iraqi Security Force deaths: At least 9,451
* Total coalition and ISF deaths: At least 14,163
* Iraqi civilian deaths: Between 96,037 and 104,7542
* Non-Iraqi contractor deaths: At least 463
* Internally displaced persons: 2.6 million
* Refugees: 1.9 million
This does not count the families of the soldiers that will pay generational consequences from physical and mental injuries from combat. A large portion of our homeless population are war vets.
* Cost of Operation Iraqi Freedom: $748.2 billion (up to $3T direct & indirect)
* Projected total cost of veterans’ health care and disability: $422 billion to $717 billion
Yep, the kind of sound policy thinking we have come to expect from our wacko right-wing presidents......
Sorry, this war was an obvious sham in 2002, 2003 and remains so today. Turn the page of history and move on. Lord knows we will do something equally stupid in the next generation.
Last edited by upsideguy; 08-06-10 at 09:17 AM.