Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 114

Thread: Mexican Drug Cartel Allegedly Puts a Price on Arizona Sheriff's Head

  1. #101
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Mexican Drug Cartel Allegedly Puts a Price on Arizona Sheriff's Head

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I support legalizing Marijuana, but doing so would not put the cartels out of business.
    Well, that's true. They would just become legitimate businesses.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Mexican Drug Cartel Allegedly Puts a Price on Arizona Sheriff's Head

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    Well, that's true. They would just become legitimate businesses.
    No. They would continue to utilize their existing personnel and networks to sell meth, cocaine, heroin, and other drugs.

  3. #103
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Mexican Drug Cartel Allegedly Puts a Price on Arizona Sheriff's Head

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    No. They would continue to utilize their existing personnel and networks to sell meth, cocaine, heroin, and other drugs.
    But there is a finite market for those products that is already being satiated. The scope of the cartels operations would be reduced, they would not be able to fill the void of lost marijuana trafficking revenue with those products.

    Not to mention marijuana is the drug that has the most bulk, taking this out of the cartels hands greatly reduces the amount of goods that are smuggled across border, which also reduces illegal border crossings, and the need to entice people to mule bales of marijuana across the border in exchange for facilitating their illegal entry into the country, and also eliminating the illegal squatting and farming in our national forests that the cartels are so heavily involved in.

    I do agree with you that it is not a solution to the problem, but it is a step in the right direction. I would rather all drugs be legalized and completely eradicate the cartel from drug profits altogether
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Mexican Drug Cartel Allegedly Puts a Price on Arizona Sheriff's Head

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    But there is a finite market for those products that is already being satiated. The scope of the cartels operations would be reduced, they would not be able to fill the void of lost marijuana trafficking revenue with those products.
    Actually, with highly addictive drugs like meth, there is a nearly constantly expanding market.

  5. #105
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Mexican Drug Cartel Allegedly Puts a Price on Arizona Sheriff's Head

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Actually, with highly addictive drugs like meth, there is a nearly constantly expanding market.
    Seriously how many people do you think would suddenly decide to start using Meth? Those who are inclined to use do, and those who know better already stay away. People are not going to suddenly decide to use meth just because the cartels try to smuggle in more.

    But speaking of addictive drugs and an ever expanding market, how about that ever expanding heroin market.. the addiction rate (as a percentage of our population) has been virtually flat for over a century now, independent of legality and availability.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  6. #106
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Mexican Drug Cartel Allegedly Puts a Price on Arizona Sheriff's Head

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    No. They would continue to utilize their existing personnel and networks to sell meth, cocaine, heroin, and other drugs.
    But they would do so legally and with regulations, and consumers would be more prone to purchase recreational drugs from regulated businesses than from unregulated criminal businesses.

  7. #107
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Mexican Drug Cartel Allegedly Puts a Price on Arizona Sheriff's Head

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    But they would do so legally and with regulations, and consumers would be more prone to purchase recreational drugs from regulated businesses than from unregulated criminal businesses.
    I am sorry, there is no way in hell that the cartels should be involved in any way shape or form with distribution. any interested parties need to be thoroughly vetted legitimate business interests with full control, monitoring, and custody of the supply chain from the farm to the store.
    Last edited by marduc; 08-09-10 at 11:59 AM.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  8. #108
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Mexican Drug Cartel Allegedly Puts a Price on Arizona Sheriff's Head

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    I am sorry, there is no way in hell that the cartels should be involved in any way shape or form with distribution. any interested parties need to be thoroughly vetted legitimate business interests with full control, monitoring, and custody of the supply chain from the farm to the store.
    I have no problem with separating production of recreational drugs with distribution. I'm just saying that I believe in the legalization of recreational drugs, and it should be regulated. If such regulations call for separation of production and distribution, very well then.

  9. #109
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Mexican Drug Cartel Allegedly Puts a Price on Arizona Sheriff's Head

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    I have no problem with separating production of recreational drugs with distribution. I'm just saying that I believe in the legalization of recreational drugs, and it should be regulated. If such regulations call for separation of production and distribution, very well then.
    We are veering off onto a tangent now, but separation of production and distribution is not what I am advocating at all, I am advocating full custody from production to distribution with zero room for former cartel/black market criminal elements to engage in the trade at any level.

    I know you are on the same page as I as advocating legalization, but I feel that one of the major reasons for legalization is to eliminate the black market and cartel involvement, they are intolerable, the cancer need to be amputated, and the cartels then should be discarded and left to kill each other off for what few scraps remain. There needs to be no trace of their infection left in the drug trade, and the wound needs to be completely cauterized. So while I agree in principle with you regarding legalization, I have major issues with the idea of "legitimizing" criminals and cartels.
    Last edited by marduc; 08-09-10 at 12:39 PM.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  10. #110
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Mexican Drug Cartel Allegedly Puts a Price on Arizona Sheriff's Head

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    We are veering off onto a tangent now, but separation of production and distribution is not what I am advocating at all, I am advocating full custody from production to distribution with zero room for former cartel/black market criminal elements to engage in the trade at any level.

    I know you are on the same page as I as advocating legalization, but I feel that one of the major reasons for legalization is to eliminate the black market and cartel involvement, they are intolerable, the cancer need to be amputated, and the cartels then should be discarded and left to kill each other off for what few scraps remain. There needs to be no trace of their infection left in the drug trade, and the wound needs to be completely cauterized. So while I agree in principle with you regarding legalization, I have major issues with the idea of "legitimizing" criminals and cartels.
    OH! I misunderstood your post then. If the government deems fit to make a law that those convicted of drug crimes can't be involved in the legitimate recreational drug trade if it becomes legalized, I have no problem with that either.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •