Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 128

Thread: Rep. Weiner Wigs Out on Republicans

  1. #41
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,582

    Re: Rep. Weiner Wigs Out on Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why these folks aren't going to be covered under the brand new, wonderful Obamacare.
    That's like saying "why would anybody need a retirement program when we have social security?" The intention of health care is to assist an individual who gets sick or needs care. The last time you or one of your family members went to the hospital, were you shocked to see that insurance wasn't going to pay every last penny? Of course not. Your argument is a lovely little straw man to prevent you from having to face the fact that you're sitting around mocking people who think we should provide federal assistance for the first responders on 9/11. Imagine if somebody came up to you in 2002 and told you that in 2010, you'd be disgusted by the idea of our government providing care for the heroes at ground zero who are suffering from permanent health problems due to their heroics.

    Debating policy is good, blind partisanship should have no place in American politics. Unfortunately, that seems like all there is these days.
    Last edited by Mustachio; 07-31-10 at 09:16 PM.

  2. #42
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,680

    Re: Rep. Weiner Wigs Out on Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    if the content of the bill was objectionable why would the GOP cowards not come out of hiding and vote against it because it was without merit?
    I didnt ask about the republicans Bubba...I asked YOU. I KNOW most of those assholes in congress vote on things based on party line. Ive said it a hundred times...rpublicans-democrats they are all absolute scumbags party driven. I asked YOU. You jump in here like you have the first ****ing clue and scream TEHY SHOULDA VOTED FOR IT!!!

    Really? Voted for WHAT exactly? Quick...before you look it up and pretend like YOU have the first ****ing CLUE about this before Weener blew his gasket...

  3. #43
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,680

    Re: Rep. Weiner Wigs Out on Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    didn't realize you had a difficult time finding out what is contained within the bil. here is a summary
    (1) medical monitoring and treatment benefits to eligible emergency responders and recovery and cleanup workers who responded to the World Trade Center terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001; and
    (2) initial health evaluation, monitoring, and treatment benefits to residents and other building occupants and area workers who were directly impacted and adversely affected by such attacks. Requires the WTC program administrator to:
    (1) implement a quality assurance program;
    (2) establish the WTC Health Program Scientific/Technical Advisory Committee;
    (3) establish the WTC Responders Steering Committee and the WTC Community Program Steering Committee;
    (4) provide for education and outreach on services under the WTC program;
    (5) provide for the uniform collection of data related to WTC-related health conditions;
    (6) conduct research on physical and mental health conditions that may be related to the September 11 terrorist attacks; and
    (7) extend and expand arrangements with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene to provide for the World Trade Center Health Registry. Authorizes the administrator to make grants to the Department to address mental health needs relating to the terrorist attacks.Amends the Air Transportation Safety and System Stabilization Act to:
    (1) make individuals eligible for compensation under the September 11 Victim Compensation Fund of 2001 for harm as a result of debris removal; and
    (2) extend the deadline for making a claim for compensation.

    nothing there that troubles me, as i do think we should FINALLY help those 9/11 rescuers who are facing multiple health problems. many were falsely told that the area was not hazardous to work in and they thus exposed their health to harm by believing rudy julieannie's people. the government is culpable

    but the GOP wanted to take a straight forward bill and introduce an amendment which would say any illegal alien who was a 9/11 rescuer would be denied access to the provisions of the bill
    that was a transparent attempt by the GOP to portray the dems as a party willing to sell out the hispanic copmmunity like the GOP is inclined to do
    the dems did not bite
    but to avoid the amendment they imposed a rule which required a two thirds vote for passage .... as you will see in the video below, 94% of the dems voted for helping the 9/11 rescurers ... the republicans, not so much
    but don't take my word for it, see king, the minority whip, get his ass handed to him by Weiner:
    New York Dem on rampage after GOP blocks help for 9/11 heroes | Raw Story
    Thats PRECISELY what I thought. You didnt have a CLUE...so you jumped on line and looked it up. Now...tell...me...which of..say...1-7 in your minds justifies spending 7.4 billion dollars? How much of their 'health care' is beign denied by the government creating of beauracracy and commissions?

  4. #44
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,680

    Re: Rep. Weiner Wigs Out on Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    That's like saying "why would anybody need a retirement program when we have social security?" The intention of health care is to assist an individual who gets sick or needs care. The last time you or one of your family members went to the hospital, were you shocked to see that insurance wasn't going to pay every last penny? Of course not. Your argument is a lovely little straw man to prevent you from having to face the fact that you're sitting around mocking people who think we should provide federal assistance for the first responders on 9/11. Imagine if somebody came up to you in 2002 and told you that in 2010, you'd be disgusted by the idea of our government providing care for the heroes at ground zero who are suffering from permanent health problems due to their heroics.

    Debating policy is good, blind partisanship should have no place in American politics. Unfortunately, that seems like all there is these days.
    The creation of commissions and panels...spending 7.4 billion dollars for beauracracy...thats GOOD? How exactly?

    You know...if this was strictly a health care proposal to provide for those workers...booom...right there with you. Lets do it TODAY. But thats not what it is, is it?

  5. #45
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,680

    Re: Rep. Weiner Wigs Out on Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    Really? How about a quote from that “article” supporting that claim. Include the part about Rep. Wiener calling the Republicans “cowards,” just for context's sake.
    "It was wrong for the overwhelming majority of Republicans to vote against the bill, and it was wrong for Democrats to bring the bill to the floor under rules that made passage so much more difficult," he said."

    That wasnt so hard, now was it...

    Simple fact...SDaisy Duke posted an article about a democrat that madse himself look like an even greater ass than what he already is losing it on thye floor...and because it involved republicans you and several others fell all over yourselves posting comments as if you even had the FIRST CLUE about what was in the legislation. Kneejerk liberal idealogues...ya just gotta love em...

  6. #46
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,680

    Re: Rep. Weiner Wigs Out on Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Okay, here's the truth.

    The Dem's decided the bill should pass "as is". This means that they didn't want it messed with. I can understand that, except that this is a multi-billion dollar "Help a small group of people 10 years later" bill. That should raise eyebrows. that 7.2 BILLION could provide $720,000 to 10,000 people. (I merely use this as a speaking point to help people understand how big a number this is).

    What could the GOP do to kill this bill? And why would they want too? It's a feel good, help the responders/families of 9/11 affair. To kill it under the auspices of "It's too much" would hurt the politically. So that makes no sense. I think there is something in there that doesn't pass the smell test. Payoffs/deals to certain political members doners.

    So when they force a 2/3rds vote or else, they figured the GOP would vote and go along meekly. That they didn't sent this classless bozo into a tizzy. He's most likely mad that a promised deal to a big contributor has died rather then upset that money didn't go to help families.

    The DEMS forced this, trying to ram it through, the GOP didn't kill the measure out of lack of heart, but because the issue was forced on them, and they actually did the right thing this time.

    You hyper-partisans scareming about the evil GOP best step back and look at this issue carefully, your lack of circumspection is exposing your inability to think for yourselves. Do you throw a tantrum just cause the Dem's tell you too?
    My guess...mind you...this is just a guess...is that the democrats who CONTROL the house and senate didnt really WANT this thing passed...which is why they sent it up for a 2/3 majority vote. They WANTED it to fail. Why?

    Well...witness the mindless responses bleating on about evil republicans for starters...

  7. #47
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,145

    Re: Rep. Weiner Wigs Out on Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    My guess...mind you...this is just a guess...is that the democrats who CONTROL the house and senate didnt really WANT this thing passed...which is why they sent it up for a 2/3 majority vote. They WANTED it to fail. Why?

    Well...witness the mindless responses bleating on about evil republicans for starters...
    no surprise, you guessed wrong again

    the change was because the GOP insisted on using the bill for political advantage, by introducing an amendment which would deny any authorized funds for illegal aliens
    to avoid that political detour, the demos had to engage another process requiring a super majority
    94% of the demos voted to approve funding for the health care of the 9/11 responders
    only 12 republicans supported the measure - causing it to fail

    btw, this has been posted previously, but from your reply it was apparent you chose not to read it
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Rep. Weiner Wigs Out on Republicans

    What the hell? Why would the republican deny people who where the first to respond to 9/11? Congressman Anthony Weiner you are freaking awesome in my book.

  9. #49
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,582

    Re: Rep. Weiner Wigs Out on Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The creation of commissions and panels...spending 7.4 billion dollars for beauracracy...thats GOOD? How exactly?

    You know...if this was strictly a health care proposal to provide for those workers...booom...right there with you. Lets do it TODAY. But thats not what it is, is it?
    Well, those who go above and beyond for this country should have the favor returned to them. I strongly believe in using federal powers to provide for those who make this nation great, but I understand the argument of the fiscal conservative. I think that's what upset Weiner and that's what upsets me about this bill being voted down -- it SHOULD have been a debate about whether or not the bill was fiscally viable and whether or not the good would outweigh potential abuses. Instead, Republicans overwhelmingly backed the bill until Democrats blocked them from pushing through partisan amendments. It was extremely childish for them to suddenly turn their backs on a bill they had supported all along.

    I'm not from New York and I'm not sure whether Weiner was upset about their behavior or the fact that the bill was going to be voted down... probably a mix of both. I respect fiscal conservatives but I would urge them to recognize the fact that when Republican congressmen do something they agree with, it's merely coincidental.

  10. #50
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,680

    Re: Rep. Weiner Wigs Out on Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    no surprise, you guessed wrong again

    the change was because the GOP insisted on using the bill for political advantage, by introducing an amendment which would deny any authorized funds for illegal aliens
    to avoid that political detour, the demos had to engage another process requiring a super majority
    94% of the demos voted to approve funding for the health care of the 9/11 responders
    only 12 republicans supported the measure - causing it to fail

    btw, this has been posted previously, but from your reply it was apparent you chose not to read it
    Golly...you are SO up on this! You must follow thi...no...wait...you are reading liberal blogs again arent you...just like always...and pretending you have the FIRST ****ING CLUE about ANY of this. Bubba...please...TELL me you even KNEW about ANY of this before Daisy started the thread. Please...cuz I havent had a REALLY good laugh all day...

    Did you BOTHER to indicate which of those first seven legislative provisions even came CLOSE to providing care? Of COURSE not. SHOCKING!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •