Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 91

Thread: Israeli airstrike kills senior Hamas rocket maker

  1. #41
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Israeli airstrike kills senior Hamas rocket maker

    Quote Originally Posted by Opteron View Post
    Well, they did tar and feather loyalists and the Boston tea party was a terrorist-like act, destruction of property.
    Destruction of property is a typical war time endevour, not terrorism. Harassing treatment of troops is also not terrorism.

    Just because they did not do the exact same thing in different time periods does not mean that you cannot draw any comparison.
    Yes, it is when you're suggesting they're interchangable things. That the founding fathers are no different than Hamas.

    Furthermore, just because there's similarities does not necessarily mean the comparison is apt. As I said, look at the "Obama is Hilter" things. There are definitely, legitimate, comparisons between the two. However, the comparison is not apt when you look at a far larger picture of it and realize that those similarities exist over a number of individuals ranging from benevolent to pure evil. The attempt to insult and degrade the Founders and to lift up the terrorists is no different than these Obama and Hitler comparisons. It is an attempt to link something that causes one emotional response to another thing in hopes of that emotional reponse to rub off. In the case of Obama and Hitler, trying to get the hatred for Hitler due to WWII and his treatment of the Jews onto Obama by comparing some of their domestic policies. In this case its attempting to humanize Hamas or insult the founders, hopefully befuddling his opposition rather than actually trying to debate them, by suggesting that because they treated prisoners in odd ways (And seriously, slow public beheading > tar and feather) they're no different than hamas.

    Hey, you breath air. You eat food. You probably have had feelings for a woman before. You may've looked at art before and appreciated it. Well, I guess you're just like Hitler. Don't get upset, I'm just making a comparison.

    The tactics employed by the American forces were sometimes underhanded and not the acceptable means at the time.
    Similar could be said previously regarding different groups and civilizations engaged in war. Unusual tactics does not alone a terrorist make.

    They would snipe soldiers, harass them while they were on march, use guerilla tactics and these were almost "terrorist-like".
    I bolded something for you.

    "Terrorist-Like" is not being the same as terrorists to the point that one can equate the Founding Fathers to Hamas.

  2. #42
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,691

    Re: Israeli airstrike kills senior Hamas rocket maker

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    Washington countermanded an order his general had issued in new york, thereby allowing the loyalists to continue to be ridden on rails thru the streets
    Please provide the date and relevant text from Washington's general order on this issue. Second-, third-, or fourth-hand claims are mere speculation. It is Washington's general orders that provide the facts.

  3. #43
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,162

    Re: Israeli airstrike kills senior Hamas rocket maker

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    While yes, I'm sure both sides (and some only vaguely related groups/persons) committed acts similar to those terrorists might do, equating the two is, as has been pointed out, inaccurate.

    The acts may be similar, but fundamental differences exist.
    the acts are similar but fundamental differences exist, you say
    please point out the fundamental differences you find that make this an inappropriate comparison
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  4. #44
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,162

    Re: Israeli airstrike kills senior Hamas rocket maker

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    By that logic, we shouldn't have killed Nazis during WW2.
    please explain why you find this to be the case as i fail to see any logic in your assertion
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  5. #45
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,162

    Re: Israeli airstrike kills senior Hamas rocket maker

    Quote Originally Posted by other View Post
    see the post I made above. Also, the killing of POWs has been a common feature of warfare by all people--and was common until very recently. It is wrong, but it's also not terrorism.
    then address the terror of the patriots against those who were loyalists
    causing 100,000 to flee to canada
    immediately after the war there was an aborted attempt by our soldiers to savage those loyalists who were fleeing the new country
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  6. #46
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,162

    Re: Israeli airstrike kills senior Hamas rocket maker

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    OH stop... propaganda is not needed or welcomed here.
    the fact is it was israeli freedom fighters who were the first suicide bombers
    a fact you may not want to acknowledge but a fact none the less
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  7. #47
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,162

    Re: Israeli airstrike kills senior Hamas rocket maker

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    Please provide the date and relevant text from Washington's general order on this issue. Second-, third-, or fourth-hand claims are mere speculation. It is Washington's general orders that provide the facts.
    just reciting historical accounts of the time
    an account that supports my presentation that our freedom fighters - those we properly exalt today - were willing to do whatever was required to oust an oppressive occupying force
    even if it meant using what we call 'terrorism' today
    and that is a lesson our country needs to remember before we wmbark on an future attempts to occupy other nations
    too bad we did not learn it in vietnam
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  8. #48
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,691

    Re: Israeli airstrike kills senior Hamas rocket maker

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    Please provide the date and relevant text from Washington's general order on this issue. Second-, third-, or fourth-hand claims are mere speculation. It is Washington's general orders that provide the facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    just reciting historical accounts of the time
    I'm not surprised that no specific general order was available. The "account" is wholly a matter of incorrect speculation without foundation in fact. Not one of General Washington's orders calls for what today would be characterized as war crimes. In numerous orders, he called for restraint and also punishment for those who committed improper acts that would amount to abuses or war crimes. All of his general orders, among his papers, are online via the Library of Congress.

  9. #49
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Israeli airstrike kills senior Hamas rocket maker

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    just reciting historical accounts of the time
    Then actually quote something. You, who have repeatedly made erronious claims in this thread with no factual backup provided while ignoring actual factual information provided alongside actual citations, are not a credible source on this.

    an account that supports my presentation that our freedom fighters - those we properly exalt today - were willing to do whatever was required to oust an oppressive occupying force
    Which != terrorism.

    Attacking the enemies men is not the same as attacking civilians.

    even if it meant using what we call 'terrorism' today
    Except you've documented zero examples of the founding fathers engaging in something that is terrorism.

    and that is a lesson our country needs to remember before we wmbark on an future attempts to occupy other nations
    too bad we did not learn it in vietnam
    No, my Hitler loving friend, your lesson is not one our country needs to remember because its grade A, unquestionable, bull**** that you've refused to back up while simultaneously refused to address those that have fully refuted your idiotic claims.

  10. #50
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Israeli airstrike kills senior Hamas rocket maker

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    the fact is it was israeli freedom fighters who were the first suicide bombers
    a fact you may not want to acknowledge but a fact none the less
    Please provide citation of actual suicide bombers that are Israeli that were the first to have done it.

    Unless you're suggesting the first person to ever THINK of climbing mount everest was the first person to climb mount everest.

    Unless you're suggesting that the first person to ever THINK of an automated vehicle was actually the creator of the automobile.

    Unless you're suggesting that the first person that concieved a notion of an interconnected digital interface was actually the first designer of the world wide web.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •