Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 192

Thread: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convictions

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    I was speaking about those on Death Row and thanks for understanding the error of your ways

    While I have no problem with petty criminals getting an education behind bars? How much of that is wasted when they go on to be repeat offenders? That is a whole other topic but it still pisses me off that people behind bars can get a free education while their are plenty of poor children and out of work adults that are more deserving. That is just my thoughts on it and yes I do feel someone on the outside is much more deserving than someone who has commited a crime and in lockdown.
    How much of it wasted because the republicanazi hordes have made it impossible for these people to live a normal life after prison? How many of these people would re-offend if they could get a job? Don't blame the imates for that. Blame the hordes of mindless republicanazi business ball jugglers who have allowed businesss to discriminate against people for being less than perfect.

    Blame the republican hordes and their big business masters.

  2. #182
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    That's because in your reality those who steal half or all of peoples lives do not need to be punished for their crimes. I believe when prosecutors and judges drop that kind of ball they need to pay a serious price for it. That price will make prosecutors and judges less likely persue weak cases (which is done to increase their conviction ratings) and make certain when they go after somebody the evidence damn well supports it.

    You can defend the guilty all you want. What you're doing is protecting your own class. Nothing more.
    I'm not defending my own class in anyway. I'm not even close to the class of Lawyers and doctors. My dad is in the construction buisiness (electrical) which is not doing very well thanks to the combined idiocy of my state government and the federal government (notice I didn't just specify the OA). I work at a restaurant and a garden to help put myself through college. My mom recently picked up a job at the post office after taking years off from working with social services.

    I'm lower middle class at the moment I'd say.

    If it can be proven that prosecutor or judge is just trying to improve their conviction rate rather than doing what's fair (as defined by the justice system) then by all means put them in prison. Otherwise, it's a bad idea.

    Also, why don't you refrain from throwing out the insult "republicanazis". Republican are NOT Nazis. Some Nazi people may claim to be republican (hell some may claim to be democrat) but they are an insult to the right (or the left). The republican party does not condone Nazism. Why do you feel the need to specify republican when the two have nothing to do with each other. Just call these people racists, that's what they are. Their party affiliation means jack ****.

  3. #183
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    I'm not defending my own class in anyway. I'm not even close to the class of Lawyers and doctors. My dad is in the construction buisiness (electrical) which is not doing very well thanks to the combined idiocy of my state government and the federal government (notice I didn't just specify the OA). I work at a restaurant and a garden to help put myself through college. My mom recently picked up a job at the post office after taking years off from working with social services.
    It seems to me you would be better off voting the other way. The demos are currently trying to get the repubs to vote on a bill that would allow business like that owned by your parents to get access to funds. Republicans refuse to support it. Why? Because they are more concerned with the national debt than they are with the survival of the American people. Frankly, if it isn't going to BIG business, republicans are agains it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    If it can be proven that prosecutor or judge is just trying to improve their conviction rate rather than doing what's fair (as defined by the justice system) then by all means put them in prison. Otherwise, it's a bad idea.
    As a Paralegal, I have seen examples of this. It's VERY common and out of control. Prosecutors are rarely in a courtroom to get justice for the victims of crime. What I suggested would make a VERY effective deterrant that will prevent judicial and prosecutorial corruption of justice for the sake of ratings. You are free to think it's a bad idea; I have seen this effect in person and as a juror, and I am telling you, it's NOT a bad idea. It will effectively eliminate the corruptive influence of the conviction rating.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    Also, why don't you refrain from throwing out the insult "republicanazis". Republican are NOT Nazis. Some Nazi people may claim to be republican (hell some may claim to be democrat) but they are an insult to the right (or the left). The republican party does not condone Nazism. Why do you feel the need to specify republican when the two have nothing to do with each other. Just call these people racists, that's what they are. Their party affiliation means jack ****.
    [/quote]

    The republican party advocates, supports, and actively participates in stealing from the poor to give to the rich. Likewise, republicans support big business and actions therefore that can only be considered nazi-like. This fact is where I draw my reference from. My reference will be invalid the day big business and the GOP are seperated by the fear of spending life in Supermax Florence if the opposite happens in any way, shape, or form.

  4. #184
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    It seems to me you would be better off voting the other way. The demos are currently trying to get the repubs to vote on a bill that would allow business like that owned by your parents to get access to funds. Republicans refuse to support it. Why? Because they are more concerned with the national debt than they are with the survival of the American people. Frankly, if it isn't going to BIG business, republicans are agains it.
    Demos? That might be a good name for them. My dad would never accept federal funds. He's dead set against it. If you want the truth the dems just failed to keep the bush tax cuts. His taxes are now going up another 3%. Obama has actually increased tax on the lower and middle class. Don't ask me what bill, the proof is in the pudding. My families taxes have gone up with him. I know a single mother who works 60 hours a week to make 30k a year. Her taxes went up too. She actually owed money to the feds this year instead of receiving a tax return. The Dems and the Republicans in office suck. They're in office for themselves. You're a downright fool if you believe the liberals in office are any different.
    As a Paralegal, I have seen examples of this. It's VERY common and out of control. Prosecutors are rarely in a courtroom to get justice for the victims of crime. What I suggested would make a VERY effective deterrant that will prevent judicial and prosecutorial corruption of justice for the sake of ratings. You are free to think it's a bad idea; I have seen this effect in person and as a juror, and I am telling you, it's NOT a bad idea. It will effectively eliminate the corruptive influence of the conviction rating.
    With the opinions that you have, it's a little scary that you're a paralegal.
    The republican party advocates, supports, and actively participates in stealing from the poor to give to the rich. Likewise, republicans support big business and actions therefore that can only be considered nazi-like. This fact is where I draw my reference from. My reference will be invalid the day big business and the GOP are separated by the fear of spending life in Supermax Florence if the opposite happens in any way, shape, or form.
    Here is where I decide that you're a down right fool. I'm done debating with you. Republicans do support big business. They also support small business. Tax cuts to businesses allows for expansion of jobs. That's the republican stance. To compare republicans to Nazis is a despicable insult to both the right and those who were ever hurt or killed by the Nazis. Your reference is invalid because you are an invalid. Have a nice life, and I'll hope that some day you see the light.

  5. #185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    Here is where I decide that you're a down right fool. I'm done debating with you. Republicans do support big business. They also support small business. Tax cuts to businesses allows for expansion of jobs. That's the republican stance. To compare republicans to Nazis is a despicable insult to both the right and those who were ever hurt or killed by the Nazis. Your reference is invalid because you are an invalid. Have a nice life, and I'll hope that some day you see the light.
    I am sorry we do not agree. I do not like to see people prosecuted simply to up a conviction rating. This is all to common. I consider this type of thing a sham and I compare it to the kangaroot courts of nazi Germany. My comparisson is valid. You have a nice life as well.

  6. #186
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    The republican party advocates, supports, and actively participates in stealing from the poor to give to the rich. Likewise, republicans support big business and actions therefore that can only be considered nazi-like. This fact is where I draw my reference from. My reference will be invalid the day big business and the GOP are seperated by the fear of spending life in Supermax Florence if the opposite happens in any way, shape, or form.
    The modern democratic party is nothing more than a bunch of ill-informed socialists who are mad for power. I also think, the American people enjoy more freedom under a republican administration, as the democrats love the idea of using the police and military against the citizenry. The republicans in power might be a bad deal if you are eurotrash or a rag-head, but I'm comfortable with that. I don't like most of them anyways.

  7. #187
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    The modern democratic party is nothing more than a bunch of ill-informed socialists who are mad for power. I also think, the American people enjoy more freedom under a republican administration, as the democrats love the idea of using the police and military against the citizenry. The republicans in power might be a bad deal if you are eurotrash or a rag-head, but I'm comfortable with that. I don't like most of them anyways.
    Oh come on! Keep the slurs to yourself.

  8. #188
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I am sorry we do not agree. I do not like to see people prosecuted simply to up a conviction rating. This is all to common. I consider this type of thing a sham and I compare it to the kangaroot courts of nazi Germany. My comparisson is valid. You have a nice life as well.
    The first thing the Nazi's did was to nationalize all the German industry and everything else they could get their hands on. That's totally counter to "right wing" conservative thinking. I think you are confusing "right wing" with "anti communist" or "nationalist", which the Nazi's certainly were. Read up on it and you will find that Nazi ideology is startlingly similar to the American left wing hippie ideology of today, ...minus the nationalism.

    The nationalism part is what makes it confusing for most folks these days.

  9. #189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    The modern democratic party is nothing more than a bunch of ill-informed socialists who are mad for power. I also think, the American people enjoy more freedom under a republican administration, as the democrats love the idea of using the police and military against the citizenry. The republicans in power might be a bad deal if you are eurotrash or a rag-head, but I'm comfortable with that. I don't like most of them anyways.
    The modern republican party is nothing more than a motley colletion of big business sellouts who do not give a damn about the American people. The only people that enjoy republican rule are republican big business owners, republican political sellouts, and their friends and family. The rest (majority) of Americans suffer under republican rule.

  10. #190
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    WRONG. That attitude sends innocent people to the grave. It's shameful, dispicable, and completely unforgivable.
    How is it wrong? You admit to cold blooded killing what the hell do you expect? If you are that stupid? You deserve to be killed and consider it cleaning of the genepool.

    They would have to kill me as I would never confess to a crime I did not commit. This is something I have thought long and hard about and you have a basic right to remain silent. That is what you should do if the cops are trying to make you confess to a crime you had nothing to do with esp when it comes to Murder
    ~Following My Own Flow~

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •