Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 192

Thread: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convictions

  1. #151
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-12 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    56

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Yep. You that dumb to do it? You deserve death. Would You ever confess to a crime you did not commit? I sure as hell would not.
    Sure. I'm sure the countless people forced into false confessions are just weak or stupid, that could never happen to you. You're immune to physical and psychological abuse, unlike men who are trained for years to withstand torture, and are still inevitably coerced into confessions or other false statements. Anybody without your superpowers deserves whqt they get.
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. -Thomas Jefferson

  2. #152
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-12 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    56

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Do not forget the drugs and killer homemade booze And an education. Which really pisses me.
    Lol, yeah man, the last thing we want to do is educate our criminals, they might actually learn to contribute to society. Better to keep them down, ensuring that they remain a burden instead of a support. That'll teach 'em. (Don't worry, "teach 'em" is just an expression)
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. -Thomas Jefferson

  3. #153
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I dont' know. If I was kept awake for a couple of days, subjected to psychological torture, and then told that I would be released if I just confessed....... I still wouldn't confess, but there are many who would. For some detectives here in Texas, it is their modus operandi.
    I would NEVER ever confess to killing someone if I did not do it-they would have to kill me. And I would die if I was treated like that so they would not have to worry about it anyways. They could just put that crime on my dead body
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  4. #154
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by rudygetsplenty View Post
    Lol, yeah man, the last thing we want to do is educate our criminals, they might actually learn to contribute to society. Better to keep them down, ensuring that they remain a burden instead of a support. That'll teach 'em. (Don't worry, "teach 'em" is just an expression)
    Well pardon me for being annoyed that you can get locked up and get all educated when there are a lot of smart kids out here doing the right thing that deserve that education much more. Shame On Me for wishing that MY tax dollars go towards helping poor kids who cannot afford college over giving that money to hard core criminals that are locked up. Shame On Me!

    BTW, we are talking about people walking DEATH ROW. Not folks that may one day see the light so why in the hell should I want someone on Death Row to get any type of schooling?
    Last edited by Kali; 08-02-10 at 01:46 AM.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  5. #155
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-12 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    56

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Well pardon me for being annoyed that you can get locked up and get all educated when there are a lot of smart kids out here doing the right thing that deserve that education much more. Shame On Me for wishing that MY tax dollars go towards helping poor kids who cannot afford college over giving that money to hard core criminals that are locked up. Shame On Me!

    BTW, we are talking about people walking DEATH ROW. Not folks that may one day see the light so why in the hell should I want someone on Death Row to get any type of schooling?
    If you are only talking about people on Death Row, I rescind my argument and concede your point. In that case although it's a small amount of tax dollars, it's too much considering that it's benificiary is somebody who committed a crime so heinous that society has deemed their life forfeit. However, if you are talking about anybody not sentenced to death, I stand behind my sarcasm. The justice system is perversely balanced in opposition to the poor, and education is one of the best remedies available, if not the best.
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. -Thomas Jefferson

  6. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    If that's true then he should be tried and convicted. That's truly DISGUSTING.
    That governor needs to be serving 100 years in Supermax Florence. All his property needs to be sold and the proceeds need to be given to his victims.

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Your lack of evidence to produce a shred of evidence for any of your bigoted claims wins you this richly deserved title:

    You can live in planet denial all you want. The KKK started in the south, Jim Crow was a governor of a southern state, and the freedom marchers were victimized in the south. The evidence of this is in every history book in every school (except the edited books used in Texas).

    You are defeated. You should quit while you're behind.

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by rudygetsplenty View Post
    Umm, are you seriously suggesting that the South does not have innocent blood on it's hands?
    Typical southern denial. I expected it. Your shock is understandable.

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    So does EVERY other state. Claiming otherwise doesn't change this fact.
    I never claimed it did. Other people clamined the south was innocent. This is CLEARLY not the case. Your defense of it is shocking.

  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Mentally ill people should never be killed as they know not what they do which is why we have laws that protect the mentally ill.
    We do ... and we had to create a FEDERAL law to prevent Texas and a few other bloodthirsty states from executing menetally retarded people. If this law doesn't prove there is an issue with southern justice, nothing does.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •