Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 192

Thread: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convictions

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    I'm the judge of the game. How have I been proven wrong? No one has named anyone that went on to murder after they were executed.
    You're a righty and therefore not qualified to judge ANYTHING.

    Thanks for playing.

  2. #112
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,732

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    I'm the judge of the game. How have I been proven wrong? No one has named anyone that went on to murder after they were executed.
    And like I said before, that is just another straw man, and that is no game you believe you are judging. Just another red herring. Nobody murders after being executed, not even the innocent, and that is where your fallacy breaks down.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #113
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Agreed.

    The judges from Texas who setenced that man to 27 years should be spending the next 27 years in Supermax FLorence.
    good night vader-catch up tomorrow night



  4. #114
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Cameron Todd Willingham.

    Thanx for playing
    Jesus Dan. Thats an opinion piece NOT evidence.

    Here's the other opinion. And unlike you I will actually quote the story:

    Willingham's last words were not "I am an innocent man." They were "I hope you rot in hell, bitch," directed toward his wife whom he had beaten many times even while she was pregnant to try to cause a miscarriage... this guy was guilty and had several appeals at the state and federal levels.

    Sure got a good one to hang your hat on there Dan! LOL

    http://rickvskay.blogspot.com/2009/1...guilty-as.html
    Last edited by texmaster; 08-02-10 at 12:42 AM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #115
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    What you don't realize is that it costs you and the taxpayers money when someone DOESN'T confess and it has to go to trial. Killing someone because they confess pretty much guarantees anyone with half a brain cell will not confess to anything meaning every single case will be a maximum cost to the

    Someone could confess to a murder they didn't commit because they are mentally retarded. Does that mean that we start filling the hypodermic needles when they start talking? Of course not. Hey look, the guy who they say killed Adam Walsh was never proven in court to have killed him. He confessed to hundreds of murders he didn't commit because he was mentally ill.

    C'mon RWNJ, you're smarter than this.
    Not everyone who confesses would be given the DP. Often times they get plea bargains. In cases where there is a mental handicap there should obviously be discretion with how much the person's confession is worth and I'm sure there is (in the majority of circumstances).

    I'm willing to pay a bit extra if the rapists and murderers are likely to suffer. If only there was a more proof positive way. I pray there is in my life time.

  6. #116
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    And like I said before, that is just another straw man, and that is no game you believe you are judging. Just another red herring. Nobody murders after being executed, not even the innocent, and that is where your fallacy breaks down.
    It wasn't my fallacy. I was just saying the score was 0-0. "you guys are even". It was really a joke. I'm kinda confused how it turned into people trying to prove me wrong...

  7. #117
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    People from Texas talking about competence... wow... that's rich!
    More petty shots because he has nothing. Its sad but for him its commonplace.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  8. #118
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    You're a righty and therefore not qualified to judge ANYTHING.

    Thanks for playing.
    You're welcome.

  9. #119
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Says a conservative representative of those responsible for taking away life from the innocent. No. It's not idiotic. Those prosecutors and judges need to pay the price consequences of their bad judgement. You can call this crazy all you want. All you're doing is sheilding the guilty few from the consequences of their actions.

    I say ... if you sentence an innocent man to die ... you face life without parole. You took his life ... you lose your own... so to speak. This law will make mindless, conviction rating-obsessed legal professionals think twice about going after people with only circumstantial evidence. This would also level the playing field for those poor folks who cannot afford a 600 per hour mouth piece to defend them.

    It's equal justice ... that makes the prosecutors and judges think twice.
    I don't like the death penalty, but this is just crazy.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  10. #120
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,732

    Re: Texas Inmates Likely to Be Exonerated After Committee Discovers Wrongful Convicti

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Jesus Dan. Thats an opinion piece NOT evidence.
    So you are therefore claiming that an innocent man was not put to death?

    I am dying to hear your answer.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •