Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 168

Thread: Outsted USDA employee Sherrod plans to sue blogger

  1. #51
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-04-15 @ 11:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    808

    Re: Outsted USDA employee Sherrod plans to sue blogger

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I assume nothing, which you would know if you read the thread. I am simply pointing out the difference between the two allegations.
    My "you" is typically just a generalization...so my response was really more of a "assuming it can be proved that Breitbart did such a thing etc etc ..." and not really a "you, Redress think this."

    Sorry for any confusion.
    Last edited by NolaMan; 07-29-10 at 06:38 PM.

  2. #52
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-04-15 @ 11:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    808

    Re: Outsted USDA employee Sherrod plans to sue blogger

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I assume nothing, which you would know if you read the thread. I am simply pointing out the difference between the two allegations.
    Double post.

  3. #53
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Outsted USDA employee Sherrod plans to sue blogger

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Negligence.
    She still has a case.
    Only in the imagionation of people that want to believe that. REality says otherwise. Here's my bet, she WON'T sue,a nd if she tries BB will demand it go to trial and she'll drop the suit.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  4. #54
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Outsted USDA employee Sherrod plans to sue blogger

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Only in the imagionation of people that want to believe that. REality says otherwise. Here's my bet, she WON'T sue,a nd if she tries BB will demand it go to trial and she'll drop the suit.
    Be careful, it might end up like "Avatar."
    Last edited by Harry Guerrilla; 07-29-10 at 06:40 PM.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  5. #55
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Outsted USDA employee Sherrod plans to sue blogger

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I think a big part of the case will revolve around whether he had the whole tape(we have only his claim he did not, and he has proven to be less than reliable), whether he had reason to suspect it was edited to create a false impression, and whether he put a reasonable effort into finding out if the video was accurate.
    Doesn't matter if he had the whole tape or not. What he put up on the internet is what he put up on the internet.

    Let me make another observation. Breitbart's report on this was changed soon after the original report came out, but I bet dollars to donuts that either Sherrod or someone she knows has screen shots of the original.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #56
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-04-15 @ 11:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    808

    Re: Outsted USDA employee Sherrod plans to sue blogger

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Actually, with all due respect, you missed my point. There is a difference between having an opinion and manipulating evidence. Today I made the claim that most voters in Arizona are racist. By your logic, Arizonans have the right to sue my. But they can't. This was my OPINION. Same with Sherrod. Saying that Breitbart was racist was her opinion. On the other hand, Breitbart used manipulated video to give an appearance that Sherrod WAS racist. And that is the difference. This is defamation. Just having expressing an opinion isn't.
    Has there been any clear evidence that Breitbart did in fact manipulate the video as alleged?

    NOTE: You and I have a huge disagreement here, but you know what? I like you, and it's because you don't flame, call names, or engage in games. You debate honestly, and because of that, I have a lot of respect for you. I do honestly believe you are wrong, though.
    I appreciate your comments here, and I have mutual respect for you, however I am never wrong. (I might be though, I have not really followed this case at all and just tried to jump in because it was interesting)
    Last edited by NolaMan; 07-29-10 at 06:39 PM.

  7. #57
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,341
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Outsted USDA employee Sherrod plans to sue blogger

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    How was it "Distorted" it was as full unedited CLIP of a speech she made. Do realize how liable say... Mediamatters would be if your logic were applicable to this?
    Her speech was over 40 minutes. On the link you provide, there is 3 minutes. That is hardly unedited.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #58
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Outsted USDA employee Sherrod plans to sue blogger

    Quote Originally Posted by NolaMan View Post
    Has there been any clear evidence that Breitbart did in fact manipulate the video as alleged?



    I appreciate your comments here, and I have mutual respect for you, however I am never wrong. (I might be though, I have not really followed this case at all and just tried to jump in because it was interesting)
    Doesn't matter who manipulated the video. Breitbart is the one who put it on the internet, and therefore is the one who bears primary responsibility for her defamation.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #59
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-04-15 @ 11:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    808

    Re: Outsted USDA employee Sherrod plans to sue blogger

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Doesn't matter who manipulated the video. Breitbart is the one who put it on the internet, and therefore is the one who bears primary responsibility for her defamation.
    I thought it had to proved though that he willingly knew there was more video out there that contradicted what the video he posted basically said?

  10. #60
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Outsted USDA employee Sherrod plans to sue blogger

    Quote Originally Posted by NolaMan View Post
    I thought it had to proved though that he willingly knew there was more video out there that contradicted what the video he posted basically said?
    That would only increase damages. Remember when Dan Rather smeared Bush on his service? He didn't know that papers were forged, but still put them into evidence before the American people. He paid for it with his job. Whether he intended to or not, he defamed President Bush.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •