Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 168

Thread: Outsted USDA employee Sherrod plans to sue blogger

  1. #41
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-04-15 @ 11:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    808

    Re: Outsted USDA employee Sherrod plans to sue blogger

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    OK, then show me the video Sherrod made of Breitbart.
    You don't need a video for a defamation suit...

  2. #42
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:27 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,293
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Outsted USDA employee Sherrod plans to sue blogger

    Quote Originally Posted by NolaMan View Post
    Sherrod came out accusing Breitbart of being "racist" and wanting all black people to be slaves again. If she has a defamation suit, he arguable has the exact same one under the same logic...

    Her case is a loser.
    There is a large, unsubtle difference between offering an opinion on some one, and distorting some ones words to make en entirely false point.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #43
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-04-15 @ 11:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    808

    Re: Outsted USDA employee Sherrod plans to sue blogger

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    There is a large, unsubtle difference between offering an opinion on some one, and distorting some ones words to make en entirely false point.
    You assume Breitbart actually distorted her words... that remains unproven as far as I am aware....

    Hate the guy or not, he is entitled to the same protections under the law as everyone else. Until he is proven guilty in court, he has done nothing wrong.
    Last edited by NolaMan; 07-29-10 at 06:25 PM.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Outsted USDA employee Sherrod plans to sue blogger

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    The National Enquirer wasn't attacking Burnett either. They were merely **cough** reporting **cough**. And it doesn't matter who edited the tape. Breitbart put it up for everybody to see, which makes him culpable. The matter of who actually edited the tape is nothing but a red herring.
    Wrong answer buddy.

    If you have the entire video, and you alter it to make someone out to say or do soemthing they did not, a case is there.

    If you post a clip of video, without knowing "the rest" of the story, which clearly he did not at the time of the posting, then you have to prove malicious intent on the part of, in this case BB. There was no malicious intent, he did not have the "rest of the story" and thus no case.

    She has a better case about improper firing.

    Her case is entirely based on emotional sensationalism, nothing more.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #45
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,728

    Re: Outsted USDA employee Sherrod plans to sue blogger

    Quote Originally Posted by NolaMan View Post
    You don't need a video for a defamation suit...
    Actually, with all due respect, you missed my point. There is a difference between having an opinion and manipulating evidence. Today I made the claim that most voters in Arizona are racist. By your logic, Arizonans have the right to sue my. But they can't. This was my OPINION. Same with Sherrod. Saying that Breitbart was racist was her opinion. On the other hand, Breitbart used manipulated video to give an appearance that Sherrod WAS racist. And that is the difference. This is defamation. Just having expressing an opinion isn't.

    NOTE: You and I have a huge disagreement here, but you know what? I like you, and it's because you don't flame, call names, or engage in games. You debate honestly, and because of that, I have a lot of respect for you. I do honestly believe you are wrong, though.
    Last edited by danarhea; 07-29-10 at 06:33 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #46
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:27 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,293
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Outsted USDA employee Sherrod plans to sue blogger

    Quote Originally Posted by NolaMan View Post
    You assume Breitbart actually distorted her words... that remains unproven as far as I am aware....

    Hate the guy or not, he is entitled to the same protections under the law as everyone else. Until he is proven guilty in court, he has done nothing wrong.
    I assume nothing, which you would know if you read the thread. I am simply pointing out the difference between the two allegations.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Outsted USDA employee Sherrod plans to sue blogger

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Wrong answer buddy.

    If you have the entire video, and you alter it to make someone out to say or do soemthing they did not, a case is there.

    If you post a clip of video, without knowing "the rest" of the story, which clearly he did not at the time of the posting, then you have to prove malicious intent on the part of, in this case BB. There was no malicious intent, he did not have the "rest of the story" and thus no case.

    She has a better case about improper firing.

    Her case is entirely based on emotional sensationalism, nothing more.
    Negligence.
    She still has a case.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  8. #48
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Outsted USDA employee Sherrod plans to sue blogger

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    She is a victim. She may not be a perfect person. Hell, she could be totally vile. That does not change the fact she was smeared by a distorted video and story.
    How was it "Distorted" it was as full unedited CLIP of a speech she made. Do realize how liable say... Mediamatters would be if your logic were applicable to this?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  9. #49
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:27 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,293
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Outsted USDA employee Sherrod plans to sue blogger

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Wrong answer buddy.

    If you have the entire video, and you alter it to make someone out to say or do soemthing they did not, a case is there.

    If you post a clip of video, without knowing "the rest" of the story, which clearly he did not at the time of the posting, then you have to prove malicious intent on the part of, in this case BB. There was no malicious intent, he did not have the "rest of the story" and thus no case.

    She has a better case about improper firing.

    Her case is entirely based on emotional sensationalism, nothing more.
    I think a big part of the case will revolve around whether he had the whole tape(we have only his claim he did not, and he has proven to be less than reliable), whether he had reason to suspect it was edited to create a false impression, and whether he put a reasonable effort into finding out if the video was accurate.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #50
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Outsted USDA employee Sherrod plans to sue blogger

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Negligence.
    She still has a case.
    Only in the imagionation of people that want to believe that. REality says otherwise. Here's my bet, she WON'T sue,a nd if she tries BB will demand it go to trial and she'll drop the suit.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •