Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Evidence Ties Manning to Afghan Leaks

  1. #31
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,940

    Re: Evidence Ties Manning to Afghan Leaks

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    Which means that even left wingers (whatever that means) can be closet hawks. In case you're not familiar with the term... Hawks look for ways to start wars, Doves look for for ways to stop wars.

    ricksfolly
    I sometimes wonder if you really believe what you say. I just have a hard time believing that anyone can actually be as naive as you. Do you have any idea how the Taliban treated the people of Astan. You do realize that the majority of people that lived there didn't want what the Taliban was forcing on them. Do you know what the stated goals of AQ were. You should go live a few weeks over there and see what life is like because of the taliban and AQ and see the way people are forced to live over there for no other reason than a group of mentally disturbed people wanted total control and power over their country and knew that they could use religion to get what they want. I guarantee that you would come home with a totally different opinion on the matter.
    President Franklin Roosevelt eulogized a fallen American Soldier by saying, “He stands in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die [that] freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it he lives--in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

  2. #32
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Evidence Ties Manning to Afghan Leaks

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    Which means that even left wingers (whatever that means) can be closet hawks. In case you're not familiar with the term... Hawks look for ways to start wars, Doves look for for ways to stop wars.

    ricksfolly
    Yeah, that's it. I am a closet hawk...I am betting that is going to be considered oh so likely...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #33
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Evidence Ties Manning to Afghan Leaks

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    Collaborators who get paid by us can only avoid detection for a while. Sooner of later they'll all be targets for the loyal patriots.

    ricksfolly
    I just saw this, and thought you might like to see it. You want to see what your "loyal patriots" do?



    That is what the Taliban does to people they do not like. Her crime: trying to run away from an abusive husband and inlaws.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #34
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Evidence Ties Manning to Afghan Leaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Yeah, that's it. I am a closet hawk...I am betting that is going to be considered oh so likely...
    It's a matter of timing, Hawks were essential during WWII. But now, with the one world mentality, and only scattered threats, they're not needed anymore.

    I suggest that hawks vent their aggression on virtual reality war games. Some are so realistic you feel you are actually there.

    ricksfolly

  5. #35
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Evidence Ties Manning to Afghan Leaks

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    It's a matter of timing, Hawks were essential during WWII. But now, with the one world mentality, and only scattered threats, they're not needed anymore.

    I suggest that hawks vent their aggression on virtual reality war games. Some are so realistic you feel you are actually there.

    ricksfolly
    Hint: of the military actions from Bush the elder on...I have supported 1. Sound like a hawk to you?

    Throwing around mindless labels is not going to make your point. I am opposed to these leaks, and to them being published not because I am this or that or the other thing, but because I logically thought on the topic and came to a conclusion.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #36
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,656

    Re: Evidence Ties Manning to Afghan Leaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    You disgust me. He risked other men's lives, and for what? And you think he should get a medal?
    I hear ya. If dude compromised secrecy, given his position, he should pay the price.

    That being said, it does bring up the notion that the war profiteers are not telling the people who are paying for their war both with lives and money the truth.

    I have long been of the opinion that the ugly face of war should be shown outright and that includes the pictures of our children coming home in coffins.

    As long as we are told the truth and we decide to support a war then the war is just.

    But, as I said much earlier, loose lips sink ships. Once you're sworn in, you have to do what you're told to do.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •