Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 83

Thread: One in five Californians say they need mental health care

  1. #51
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: One in five Californians say they need mental health care

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dane View Post
    Those all happend in differen't states. If your argument is that social change happens largely in California, and OTHER places. That's fine
    The fact that they happened in different states was kind of the point.

    What was said, was:
    Many modern social and political changes were made outside of California.

    To which you replied:
    Care to name some?

    And so I did.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: One in five Californians say they need mental health care

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dane View Post
    You didn't name any.
    What's the point, the list is to large.
    The fact is that California and New York are centers of commerce but that is changing.
    The only reason they have so much of a reputation is because people moved there to sell their ideas.
    Not because there is some intrinsic greatness of the damn place.

    Other places are becoming the new centers of commerce for the country.
    Most notably the Southwestern and Southeastern states.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  3. #53
    Student The Dane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-10 @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    253

    Re: One in five Californians say they need mental health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    What's the point, the list is to large.
    The fact is that California and New York are centers of commerce but that is changing.
    The only reason they have so much of a reputation is because people moved there to sell their ideas.
    Not because there is some intrinsic greatness of the damn place.

    Other places are becoming the new centers of commerce for the country.
    Most notably the Southwestern and Southeastern states.
    Yeah it does too have an intrinsic nature. It's the edge of western civilization, one of the only places in the world you can find coastal, mountainous, and desert reigions. It boasts the largest economic producitivity by state BY FAR, the most diverse culture rivaled only by New York, a booming music, film which cannot be argued with, they own that industry and there's no room for argument. They also have strong culture in literature just to mention a few: Steinbeck, Bukowski, Frost, Jack London, Ken Kesey, ad infintum. How many other states have 8+ professional sports teams? How about the largest state park system, not to mention the largest area of Federal parks. How about 15+ universities with over 400,000 students, the largest in the country by far. How about it invented the ENTIRE beach culture. How about the largest tourism industry by far? How about the hub for west coast marine corps training? How about the largest west coast port, for both military and economic?

    Republicans don't hate California because its such a horrible place to live. They hate California because it is both the nexus of culture for art and social change, and the nexus of liberal philosophy.
    Last edited by The Dane; 07-29-10 at 04:51 PM.
    Ever have to dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
    Scales in the grass but the scales don't move right?

  4. #54
    Student Frozengale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    11-23-10 @ 04:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    161

    Re: One in five Californians say they need mental health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Why do people in states that nobody gives two ****s about talk about California? Talk about being a hater. And it's always the ****ty states full of trash and retards. South Carolina, Virginia, New Jersey. I mean at least when New York was talking **** about us in the 90s we had something with class to deal with. But Illinois? I'm from a state where you can ski AND surf on the same day. You can see celebrities walking down the street and then hit a library with the budget of a small Midwest city. Why should I care what people in Nowhere'sville USA say about us?

    Hi, I'm Californian. And I'm proud to be insane.
    Please tell me everyone sees the irony/hypocrisy of this post.

  5. #55
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: One in five Californians say they need mental health care

    Are you guys really taking this nonsense seriously? The great thing about the U.S. is that we have many states with all kinds of different lifestyles and cultures. You are more than welcome to pick the one that fits you. Running around saying that your state is best or that another state sucks is just childish.

  6. #56
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: One in five Californians say they need mental health care

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    Are you guys really taking this nonsense seriously? The great thing about the U.S. is that we have many states with all kinds of different lifestyles and cultures. You are more than welcome to pick the one that fits you. Running around saying that your state is best or that another state sucks is just childish.



    Yes, DEAD SERIOUS......
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #57
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: One in five Californians say they need mental health care

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dane View Post
    Yeah it does too have an intrinsic nature. It's the edge of western civilization, one of the only places in the world you can find coastal, mountainous, and desert reigions. It boasts the largest economic producitivity by state BY FAR, the most diverse culture rivaled only by New York, a booming music, film which cannot be argued with, they own that industry and there's no room for argument. They also have strong culture in literature just to mention a few: Steinbeck, Bukowski, Frost, Jack London, Ken Kesey, ad infintum. How many other states have 8+ professional sports teams? How about the largest state park system, not to mention the largest area of Federal parks. How about 15+ universities with over 400,000 students, the largest in the country by far. How about it invented the ENTIRE beach culture. How about the largest tourism industry by far? How about the hub for west coast marine corps training? How about the largest west coast port, for both military and economic?

    Republicans don't hate California because its such a horrible place to live. They hate California because it is both the nexus of culture for art and social change, and the nexus of liberal philosophy.
    Well I suppose a thanks is in order for the movie "Step up 3d", bad cheese, examples of living in extreme extravagance while chiding middle America for daring to live more than 10 miles from work, having millions of willing participants to be test subjects for skin cancer treatments and the effects of overuse of hair dye and the inability to keep a pro football franchise in one of the largest cities in America.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  8. #58
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: One in five Californians say they need mental health care

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    Well I suppose a thanks is in order for the movie "Step up 3d", bad cheese, examples of living in extreme extravagance while chiding middle America for daring to live more than 10 miles from work, having millions of willing participants to be test subjects for skin cancer treatments and the effects of overuse of hair dye and the inability to keep a pro football franchise in one of the largest cities in America.
    That alone deserves a thanks.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: One in five Californians say they need mental health care

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dane View Post
    No, Los Angeles is a dirty, over crowded and ill run **** hole. I agree. Just about the entire rest of the coastal region does not.
    So is San Francisco, San Jose, and pretty much any city of any considerable population down the I-5.

    I will grant a concession for San Diego. But guess why? It's a republican stronghold and outside the norms for the other cities.

  10. #60
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: One in five Californians say they need mental health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Born and raised in California, have traveled everywhere, and would never leave.

    California, similar to New York, is the hub of culture. Movies, music, fashion, art, social change, it all starts in California and slowly works it's way across the nation. There is a reason California has a GDP double that of every other state in the US and rivals most European countries.

    On top of that we have almost year round 72 degree sunny weather with skiing within a two-hour drive of anywhere during the winter, widely available great PRIVATE school systems, top hospitals in the country, and a healthy mix of political parties.

    I will say Californian's are much more vane people then a lot of the country (excluding New York). We like our high value cars, big houses, and fit bodies.
    Oh ****!!!!!!!!!!.... you mean gang banging as a way of life is going to spread clear across the rest of the country?

    I lived in Sacramento for a year and a half... just the thought of that many people in that small of an area makes me itch.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •