Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 131 to 139 of 139

Thread: Britain Plans to Decentralize Health Care

  1. #131
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Britain Plans to Decentralize Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    Here is your post:


    Here is my reply:


    I think it's clear that you are incorrect when you say, "Again, with democrats in control pushing, they have said nothing. History. All they do is spread is spread misinforamtion trying to kill it so they don't have to do anything."
    No, that does not make me incorrect. Republicans afford to play act now, as they are not in control. So, they can throw things up. And in good faith, democrats took some. But, to really judge them, you have to look at what they did when they had the power. Remember, this issue didn't start with Obama. It goes back decades. Show exactly what they did when in power.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #132
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Britain Plans to Decentralize Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, that does not make me incorrect. Republicans afford to play act now, as they are not in control. So, they can throw things up. And in good faith, democrats took some. But, to really judge them, you have to look at what they did when they had the power. Remember, this issue didn't start with Obama. It goes back decades. Show exactly what they did when in power.
    It doesn't matter who was in power. They made a contribution.

    Either way it's not the first time. Here are some examples, some of which I disagree with what was done, but it was done none the less.

    In his 1974 State of the Union address, President Richard M. Nixon called for comprehensive health insurance.[8] On February 6, 1974, he introduced the Comprehensive Health Insurance Act. Nixon's plan would have mandated employers to purchase health insurance for their employees, and provided a federal health plan, similar to Medicaid, that any American could join by paying on a sliding scale based on income.[9][10] The New York Daily News wrote that Ted Kennedy rejected the universal health coverage plan offered by Nixon because it wasn't everything he wanted it to be. Kennedy later realized it was a missed opportunity to make major progress toward his goal.[11]
    Ooops looks like the Dems were against reform here.

    In 2001, a Patients' Bill of Rights was debated in Congress, which would have provided patients with an explicit list of rights concerning their health care. This initiative was essentially taking some of ideas found in the Consumers' Bill of Rights and applying it to the field of health care. It was undertaken in an effort to ensure the quality of care of all patients by preserving the integrity of the processes that occur in the health care industry.[16] Standardizing the nature of health care institutions in this manner proved rather provocative. In fact, many interest groups, including the American Medical Association (AMA) and the pharmaceutical industry came out vehemently against the congressional bill. Basically, providing emergency medical care to anyone, regardless of health insurance status, as well as the right of a patient to hold their health plan accountable for any and all harm done proved to be the biggest stumbling blocks for this bill.[17] As a result of this intense opposition, the Patients' Bill of Rights initiative eventually failed to pass Congress in 2002.
    As president, Bush signed into law the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act which included a prescription drug plan for elderly and disabled Americans.
    and in 2008 McCain had his ideas as well:
    Both of the major party presidential candidates offered positions on health care.

    John McCain's proposals focused on open-market competition rather than government funding. At the heart of his plan were tax credits - $2,500 for individuals and $5,000 for families who do not subscribe to or do not have access to health care through their employer. To help people who are denied coverage by insurance companies due to pre-existing conditions, McCain proposed working with states to create what he called a "Guaranteed Access Plan."[34]
    Sourece is wikipedia, sure it's not the best source, but here it should do.

    History of health care reform in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  3. #133
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Britain Plans to Decentralize Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    It doesn't matter who was in power. They made a contribution.

    Either way it's not the first time. Here are some examples, some of which I disagree with what was done, but it was done none the less.


    Ooops looks like the Dems were against reform here.





    and in 2008 McCain had his ideas as well:


    Sourece is wikipedia, sure it's not the best source, but here it should do.

    History of health care reform in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    No, it does matter. Again, republicans were in charge and did nothing. Nothing. It is about offering, it's about doing. Clinton tried. Bush sr and jr? Where? Reagan? Republican congress? You have to show they did something, pushed it forward. MAde an attempt. You can't show this because factually, they never did.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #134
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Britain Plans to Decentralize Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, it does matter. Again, republicans were in charge and did nothing. Nothing. It is about offering, it's about doing. Clinton tried. Bush sr and jr? Where? Reagan? Republican congress? You have to show they did something, pushed it forward. MAde an attempt. You can't show this because factually, they never did.
    All of the above I just posted was done under a Republican with the exception of McCain as an example as he was never elected. Did you read anything of what I posted above. They did do something. How was what I posted considered 'nothing'?

  5. #135
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Britain Plans to Decentralize Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    All of the above I just posted was done under a Republican with the exception of McCain as an example as he was never elected. Did you read anything of what I posted above. They did do something. How was what I posted considered 'nothing'?
    None of those tackle anything. They fundamentally avoid actually doing anything on reform. The Bill of Rights didn't tackle cost or access at all. And the prescription drug effort strongly favored drug companies who had more representatives on the floor of congress than congress men. You might recall that huge donut hole thingie. None of that is real reform. Again, republicans have none nothing in terms of making health care accessable, affordable, and not the burden we presently have. Thwere is no reason to believe republicans would ever address health care reform in any meaningful way.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #136
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Britain Plans to Decentralize Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    None of those tackle anything. They fundamentally avoid actually doing anything on reform. The Bill of Rights didn't tackle cost or access at all. And the prescription drug effort strongly favored drug companies who had more representatives on the floor of congress than congress men. You might recall that huge donut hole thingie. None of that is real reform. Again, republicans have none nothing in terms of making health care accessable, affordable, and not the burden we presently have. Thwere is no reason to believe republicans would ever address health care reform in any meaningful way.
    Agreed to disagree, I suppose. I have a feeling that's something you and I will do A LOT if I stick around.

  7. #137
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Britain Plans to Decentralize Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    Agreed to disagree, I suppose. I have a feeling that's something you and I will do A LOT if I stick around.
    Well, that's the nature of these forums. However, I try to stay open to views. In this case, I think history is clear.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #138
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    04-08-14 @ 10:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    56

    Re: Britain Plans to Decentralize Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    Are your ears and mind closed? Seriously, stop with your partisan lies. I won't provide you with endless links to prove that the GOP did have ideas, but here's one.

    Ezra Klein - The six Republican ideas already in the health-care reform bill
    Did you realize that the last paragraph in the article you link kills your point?

    On Sunday, John Boehner and Mitch McConnell responded to Barack Obama's summit invitation by demanding Obama scrap the health-care reform bill entirely. This is the context for that demand. What they want isn't a bill that incorporates their ideas. They've already got that. What they want is no bill at all. And that's a hard position for the White House to compromise with.

  9. #139
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Britain Plans to Decentralize Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by satandog View Post
    Did you realize that the last paragraph in the article you link kills your point?
    It does nothing to kill my point. They definitely contributed to the bill. The fact that they don't like everything else in it doesn't change that. It simply means they want to start from scratch and only incorporate their own ideas. Hell, I agree with them.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •