Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 139

Thread: Britain Plans to Decentralize Health Care

  1. #121
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Britain Plans to Decentralize Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Cheap does not mean inferior quality by any means. That is why we have medical statistics, and they show that despite Europeans on average paying half the amount for healthcare than American, we get as good if not better care. And that is the truth of it. Now you can deny it all you want, but the facts speak for themselves. If UHC was so terrible, then we would live shorter lives in Europe and be at the bottom individual health statistics.. we are not, we are in the top of most.

    And often expensive means you have been taken for a ride. Take a Bang & Olafusen. Their products are expensive as hell, because of the design. But in reality the bits and pieces inside are no different than an ordinary tv or stereo.. you pay for the design and get a Phillips TV at a high price. Or say Ferrari sun glasses.. they are expensive as hell because of the name, but a cheap Ray Band is just as good. Higher price does not mean you get maximum for your money.. it often means you have been "taken for a ride". A store that sells milk for 15 bucks a gallon vs a store that sells it for 5 bucks a gallon ... do you really think that the 15 buck a gallon milk is superior?
    You keep repeating the same argument even after it was explained why it doesn't work. How about tweak it a little using the suggested methodology and then we can discuss it.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #122
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,038

    Re: Britain Plans to Decentralize Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    You keep repeating the same argument even after it was explained why it doesn't work. How about tweak it a little using the suggested methodology and then we can discuss it.
    I know many Brits in the States that were disgusted with the healthcare system there, and are dumbfounded why we are considering switching to such an abortion of a plan here.

  3. #123
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Britain Plans to Decentralize Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    Are your ears and mind closed? Seriously, stop with your partisan lies. I won't provide you with endless links to prove that the GOP did have ideas, but here's one.

    Ezra Klein - The six Republican ideas already in the health-care reform bill
    And those ideas were put in the bill, despite you saying they were ignored.

    Did you really expect that the bill was going to be modeled exactly along the conservative line? If they wanted the bill tailored to their expectations, they should have taken care of it when they had the Senate, House and the White House. But guess what? They weren't interested, so now they have to take the position of being in the minority. When they take back Congress they can modify it more to their liking, like they did with Social Security and Medicare...
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  4. #124
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,169

    Re: Britain Plans to Decentralize Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    I know many Brits in the States that were disgusted with the healthcare system there, and are dumbfounded why we are considering switching to such an abortion of a plan here.
    How strange, they must be responding to the Pavlovian "death panel" drumbeat. In spite of the undoubted superiority of the NHS, flawed as it may be, there is not and was not ever an intention to introduce the system in the USA. They must be as deluded as their rightwing associates.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  5. #125
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Britain Plans to Decentralize Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by BWG View Post
    And those ideas were put in the bill, despite you saying they were ignored.

    Did you really expect that the bill was going to be modeled exactly along the conservative line? If they wanted the bill tailored to their expectations, they should have taken care of it when they had the Senate, House and the White House. But guess what? They weren't interested, so now they have to take the position of being in the minority. When they take back Congress they can modify it more to their liking, like they did with Social Security and Medicare...
    Fair enough. My point still stands. They didn't just sit back on the side lines and do nothing as "what's his name" was saying.

  6. #126
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Britain Plans to Decentralize Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Haven't run anywhere. I'm right here.
    So you're just refusing to refute it or admit you might not have been 100% correct?

  7. #127
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Britain Plans to Decentralize Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    You keep repeating the same argument even after it was explained why it doesn't work. How about tweak it a little using the suggested methodology and then we can discuss it.
    And you keep repeating your failed attempt to debunk my argument. Explain why a 15 dollar gallon of milk is some how superior to a 5 dollar gallon of milk?
    PeteEU

  8. #128
    Professor
    Shadow Serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Last Seen
    07-18-14 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Britain Plans to Decentralize Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    And you keep repeating your failed attempt to debunk my argument. Explain why a 15 dollar gallon of milk is some how superior to a 5 dollar gallon of milk?
    If you are referring to a 15 dollar gallon of milk in a convenience store as as opposed to a grocery store it becomes rational to do so if one needs the milk and that was the only option (it is 2a.m. and the standard stores are closed) or it is near by and one cannot allow for the delay to go to the standard store. This is one of the textbook examples explaining why there can be very differing prices for the "same" product. With respect to medical care not everyone is the same nor will be able to use the same procedures to get medical care each time. Think what the cost of getting critical care in a Metropolitan area and out in the boonies or worse in an wilderness area the costs are not going to be the same.
    An Enlightened Master is ideal only if your goal is to become a Benighted Slave. -- Robert Anton Wilson

  9. #129
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Britain Plans to Decentralize Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    So you're just refusing to refute it or admit you might not have been 100% correct?
    I know of nothing I have refused to refute. Please point to what I've missed.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #130
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Britain Plans to Decentralize Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I know of nothing I have refused to refute. Please point to what I've missed.
    Here is your post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley
    Again, with democrats in control pushing, they have said nothing. History. All they do is spread is spread misinforamtion trying to kill it so they don't have to do anything. Show me one thing they did in powere to push reform.
    Here is my reply:
    Are your ears and mind closed? Seriously, stop with your partisan lies. I won't provide you with endless links to prove that the GOP did have ideas, but here's one.

    Ezra Klein - The six Republican ideas already in the health-care reform bill
    I think it's clear that you are incorrect when you say, "Again, with democrats in control pushing, they have said nothing. History. All they do is spread is spread misinforamtion trying to kill it so they don't have to do anything."

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •