Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 282

Thread: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Having fun reporting posts, aptsd? report away, my friend. LOL

  2. #72
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    That isn't the OP. He broke the rules. Doesn't matter if it is DADT or uniform code. Stop making excuses.
    Actually, that IS in the OP. DD posed that question in his post, so it is not only a viable question, but certainly a part of the thread. If you choose not to answer, just say so, but saying it is not part of the OP is flat out wrong.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #73
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Moderator's Warning:
    Army discharges don't ask critic who toldLet's cease the personal attacks and focus on the thread topic.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #74
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Actually, that IS in the OP. DD posed that question in his post, so it is not only a viable question, but certainly a part of the thread. If you choose not to answer, just say so, but saying it is not part of the OP is flat out wrong.
    I'm talking about the story not the opinion of the OP. Had I been referencing the poster's opinion I would have stated that.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #75
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    That isn't the OP. He broke the rules. Doesn't matter if it is DADT or uniform code. Stop making excuses.
    It is part of the OP. And to be honest, if they discharged him for uniform violation, then fine. There's evidence for that, and they should enforce the rules. But the difference between breaking the uniform rule, and DADT is that one is a blatant discriminatory rule, and the other isn't.

    So please, forget about this guy, this situation, and explain to me how does DAD strengthen the military? Oh, yeah thats right you won't.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    It does show he doesn't give a damn about the rules.
    Yes rules exist for a reason and its important to follow them, however it is still important to ask what following a rule accomplishes. Rules exist for a reason, but they do not exist simply to be followed. If one follows rules simply because they are rules then you'd end up following all kinds of ridiculous rules that accomplish nothing other than making yourself extremely obedient. Of course obedience is important but its not everything.

    Now if one would like to be a leader or a decision maker than they have to decide what rules to implement, follow, and ask yourself what the purpose of each is. When it comes to DADT I ask myself what it accomplishes towards the missions of the Army and the military as a whole, and when I think critically about it I don't see a single aspect of this rule aids in the Army's or the military's missions.

    Now if you want to hold the rules above all else well than you're going to be a gerbil for the rest of your life.

  7. #77
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    It is part of the OP.
    You are referencing the opinion of the poster not the story which is the subject.

    And to be honest, if they discharged him for uniform violation, then fine. There's evidence for that, and they should enforce the rules. But the difference between breaking the uniform rule, and DADT is that one is a blatant discriminatory rule, and the other isn't.

    So please, forget about this guy, this situation, and explain to me how does DAD strengthen the military? Oh, yeah thats right you won't.
    Its already been given to you multiple times. I'll quote:

    It maintain's good order, discipline and unit cohesion.
    Thats exactly why. Since he doesn't want to follow the rules for DADT and he knew the rules going in thats his fault and no one else's. Wearing a uniform and breaking the miltary code of command just gives support to the notion that he doesn't care about the rules.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  8. #78
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Yes rules exist for a reason and its important to follow them, however it is still important to ask what following a rule accomplishes. Rules exist for a reason, but they do not exist simply to be followed. If one follows rules simply because they are rules then you'd end up following all kinds of ridiculous rules that accomplish nothing other than making yourself extremely obedient. Of course obedience is important but its not everything.

    Now if one would like to be a leader or a decision maker than they have to decide what rules to implement, follow, and ask yourself what the purpose of each is. When it comes to DADT I ask myself what it accomplishes towards the missions of the Army and the military as a whole, and when I think critically about it I don't see a single aspect of this rule aids in the Army's or the military's missions.

    Now if you want to hold the rules above all else well than you're going to be a gerbil for the rest of your life.
    This isn't protesting casual day. He is in the miltiary where rules are strictly enforced. He knew the rule going in and he openly broke it. There is no excuse that justifies that.

    He wants to protest let him do so legally. There is no sympathy for his chosen action.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  9. #79
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    It is part of the OP. And to be honest, if they discharged him for uniform violation, then fine. There's evidence for that, and they should enforce the rules. But the difference between breaking the uniform rule, and DADT is that one is a blatant discriminatory rule, and the other isn't.

    So please, forget about this guy, this situation, and explain to me how does DAD strengthen the military? Oh, yeah thats right you won't.
    There is a ban on gays in the military. Being gay and joining the military is a violation of that ban. DADT allows a gay person to serve, because no one is allowed to ask them about their sexual preference. The price for violating DADT, for a gay soldier, is discharge. Dan Choi knew this, when he admitted that he was gay.

    This is the military. A soldier doesn't get to choose which regulations he obeys, based on his agreement with them.

    Today, Dan Choi disagrees with DADT. This time next year, he may be in Afghanistan and disagree with the ROE and think he's within his rights to waste a few civilians; just because he thinks the ROE is wrong.

    That's why following the rules--all of the rules--is so important for good order and discipline. Dan Choi's disobediance of the regulations is a breakdown in discipline.
    Last edited by apdst; 07-23-10 at 07:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #80
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    I'm talking about the story not the opinion of the OP. Had I been referencing the poster's opinion I would have stated that.
    A poster starts a thread and presents either an opinion or question. SOP at DP is that members can either discuss the article, what the poster has presented, or both. YourStar has asked a question that references the OP's question. Valid and viable in this thread, as the OP presented it. If you only want to discuss the article, that's fine, but her question ABSOLUTELY references the OP. Discuss or not discuss is your choice. But claiming that it is not part of the OP is incorrect.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •