Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 282

Thread: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

  1. #231
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Oh, ok, so I've spent time in a combat arms unit, and everyone who is arguing against me hasn't. Am I right? So, I don't know **** and all you folks know better than me? Explain to us how that make sense, agan!
    I was in a combat unit in the reserves 20 odd years ago. It didn't bother me then and it certainly doesn't bother me now.

  2. #232
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Oh, ok, so I've spent time in a combat arms unit, and everyone who is arguing against me hasn't. Am I right? So, I don't know **** and all you folks know better than me? Explain to us how that make sense, agan!
    Unless you are gay....you cannot possibly comment on being gay in the military.

    See how easy it is to play your game?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #233
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Unless you are gay....you cannot possibly comment on being gay in the military.

    See how easy it is to play your game?
    So, what unit did you serve in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #234
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, what unit did you serve in?
    What gay shower did you shower in?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #235
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    I was in a combat unit in the reserves 20 odd years ago. It didn't bother me then and it certainly doesn't bother me now.
    Where did I say that I had a problem serving with gay soldiers?

    What was your MOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #236
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's because you've never served in the military and you are from a country that has a piss poor military. I know people who have served in the RCA and curse it's policy regarding gays in the service. Care to tell us how your military experience differs from their's?

    Only a person who has never spent time in the service would say that.
    If the entire premise of your argument is going to be, "You don't have military experience so you can't say anything", then there is nothing left to talk about because you are shutting down all dialogue. The American military answers to the American people via the CinC who is the President. That means the public has a say in military policy. I think you forget who it is you serve and who it is you're accountable to.
    Last edited by Orion; 07-25-10 at 12:38 AM.

  7. #237
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    What gay shower did you shower in?
    none, that I'm aware of. It was never a big concern to me. it seems that it's more of a concern to you--that never served--than someone who has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #238
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Please, remoef the Third National from your avatar, you disgrace it.
    It ain't happening. I had ancestors that served in the Missouri Partisan Rangers and were enlisted into the Confederate Army. They didn't survive the war, but their baby brother did. Their baby brother was my great-great-great grandfather and was forcibly enlisted into the US Army at gunpoint. This was right after the US Army invaded the family farmland, killed their dad, and gangraped their mama. Before my great-great-great grandfather died, he made his children and grandchildren to never honor his service because he was ordered to rape, murder, and rob from innocent civilians. He, instead, told them to honor the service of his older brothers. I do so by showing the Third National to remember their service to the state of Missouri and the Confederate States of America. The funny thing is that my family never owned slaves and only fought on the side of the Confederacy because the US Army invaded Missouri and massacred their family.
    Last edited by The_Patriot; 07-25-10 at 12:43 AM.

  9. #239
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    If the entire premise if your argument is going to be, "You don't have military experience so you can't say anything", then there is nothing left to talk about because you are shutting down all dialogue. The American military answers to the American people via the CinC who is the President. That means the public has a say in military policy. I think you forget who it is you serve and who it is you're accountable to.
    Thats always the ploy of this type when they are getting their ass handed to them in a debate....they love to pull out the "you weren't in the military, so you couldn't possibly comment card"....its soooooooooo predictable.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #240
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Where did I say that I had a problem serving with gay soldiers?

    What was your MOS?
    11 Bravo with my unit being Light Infantry. We weren't allowed to use vehicles since they weren't attached to our TOE. We usually got a ride from other units either by duece and halfs or helo.

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •