Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 282

Thread: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

  1. #141
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Care to show us how they are handled, "elsewhere"?
    OK...I know that you are not that dense. Sexual harasment or discrimation claims are handled the same way in every jurisdiction around that country. Why would it be different if a straight soldier was claiming sexual harasment or discrimination against a gay leader?
    Like I said....you are really streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee etching to find an argument here.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #142
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, since I'm streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetching it, how do you propose we discourage discrimination against a service member's sexual orientation? Are we to assume that it won't happen, simply because DADT has been repealed and that gays are incapable of discriminating against straights?

    I can't wait for the Libbos to answer this question that I've posted a half-dozen times, with no answer, other than, "oooh, it's sexual harassment".

    What's gonna happen when a gay company commander (an officer) and a gay platoon leader (an officer) go after a straight platoon sargeant (non-commissioned officer), because the platoon sargeant is at odds with the platoon leader? Let's don't act as if discrimination can't happen, because I've seen first hand how black officers will gang up on a white NCO.

    Any solution to that, other than, "gee! that won't happen, because gays are smarter and cooler than straights and **** like that"?
    You are both making an assertion that no one has made (gays can't discriminate) and avoiding the obvious answer. Try this:

    What would happen if a male company commander (an officer) and a male platoon leader (an officer) go after a female platoon sargeant (non-commissioned officer), because the platoon sargeant is at odds with the platoon leader?

    However you answer this question, is also the answer to the question you asked. There is no difference.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #143
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    If a soldier is being unfair, or discriminatory to another soldier it will be handled, and dealt with just like any other situation like it. Is it really that hard to understand? LGBT soldiers don't want to be treated any different than any other soldier, they just want to be treated the same, and under DADT they aren't.

    And you've still yet to answer my question about if you think that scenario I posted a few posts ago is okay. What are you scared to answer?
    Admitting to sodomy is a violation of the UCMJ. Do you want them to be treated just like any other soldier who violates the UCMJ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #144
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    In the service, the rules are the rules. I've explained this to you in another thread. The rules aren't flexible. When they become flexible, people die.
    I'm pretty sure you said that on THIS thread, and I'm pretty sure I agreed with it. It may not have been you I agreed with, but I agree with the concept. You are going after the wrong person.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #145
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Somehow....I doubt that in aplication Apstd does.....
    Moderator's Warning:
    Army discharges don't ask critic who toldActually it's apdst. While this may be an accident, it has "STD" in it and could be seen as baiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  6. #146
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You are both making an assertion that no one has made (gays can't discriminate) and avoiding the obvious answer. Try this:

    What would happen if a male company commander (an officer) and a male platoon leader (an officer) go after a female platoon sargeant (non-commissioned officer), because the platoon sargeant is at odds with the platoon leader?

    However you answer this question, is also the answer to the question you asked. There is no difference.
    In the Army, there would most definitely be a question of descrimination. It would happen. That's just the way things happen in the real world. In that scenario, the platoon leader and the company commander would need some serious evidence to protect themselves, simply because the platoon sargeant is a female.

    Would the company commander and the platoon leader need as much evidence, because the platoon sargeant is a straight soldier? Not even hardly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #147
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    OK...I know that you are not that dense. Sexual harasment or discrimation claims are handled the same way in every jurisdiction around that country. Why would it be different if a straight soldier was claiming sexual harasment or discrimination against a gay leader?
    Like I said....you are really streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee etching to find an argument here.
    Nevermind what happens around the county; they are handled differently in the Army. I spent 12 years in the Army, what the hell do I know. Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #148
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Admitting to sodomy is a violation of the UCMJ. Do you want them to be treated just like any other soldier who violates the UCMJ?
    First off saying that one is a homosexual doesn't mean that one is participating in sodomy. Secondly, why the hell is "sodomy" between two consenting adults in the UCMJ. It has no reason to be there, the army has no business in the sexual matters of its soldiers.

  9. #149
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Nevermind what happens around the county; they are handled differently in the Army. I spent 12 years in the Army, what the hell do I know. Right?
    I love people how try to argue that since they did this or that, no one else is entitled to comment on something. Please.....things aren't handled that differently in the army....its not another planet.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #150
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Army discharges don't ask critic who told

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    In the Army, there would most definitely be a question of descrimination. It would happen. That's just the way things happen in the real world. In that scenario, the platoon leader and the company commander would need some serious evidence to protect themselves, simply because the platoon sargeant is a female.
    Do you see how that matches to your scenario? I would think the exact same thing would happen.

    Would the company commander and the platoon leader need as much evidence, because the platoon sargeant is a straight soldier? Not even hardly?
    If the company commander and platoon leader were straight? Probably not. If they were gay? It would be sexual discrimination, same as the example that I gave.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •