Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 201

Thread: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

  1. #21
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    Yes, Bush, war crimes and torture are totally applicable to Taxes and Obama's policy regarding the matter.

    Certainly more relevant than one's discontent with Obama's tax policy (regardless of the fact that said discontent was expressed in a manner as to call for illegal impeachment).
    The thread got derailed with the first mention of Obama's impeachment. Impeaching Obama is what is totally irrelevant to Obama's tax policy, and if you weren't being so disingenuous in your argument you would recognize that. It only naturally warranted a response in kind, and the comparison to Bush having been far more deserving of impeachment was quite a logical one to make.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    You are certainly a bright one.
    Ad hominem attacks are the last bastion of a failed argument.

  2. #22
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    Regardless of what TD said, donc said it was disgusting to hope for the president to fail. I vehemently disagree.
    It depends. If failing means that America suffers as a result, then I think it is disgusting to hope for that. If you hope for the President to fail on a particular issue because you believe that that issue is bad for America...that is a different story.

    TD showed his true stripes. He doesn't really care about Obama or his issues. His love for GWB is so great and he believes that GWB was mistreated, so he wants to extract his revenge, even if it means America plunges into a depression.

    I think a lot of us have seen tha from TD and his ilk for a long time...I'm just surprised he actually came out and said it.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #23
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    His love for GWB is so great and he believes that GWB was mistreated, so he wants to extract his revenge, even if it means America plunges into a depression.

    I think a lot of us have seen tha from TD and his ilk for a long time...I'm just surprised he actually came out and said it.
    Please, PLEASE tell me you read his mind and can actually substantiate this!

  4. #24
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    The thread got derailed with the first mention of Obama's impeachment. Impeaching Obama is what is totally irrelevant to Obama's tax policy It only naturally warranted a response in kind, and the comparison to Bush having been far more deserving of impeachment was quite a logical one to make.



    Ad hominem attacks are the last bastion of a failed argument.
    Your first paragraph--NO!!! Wishing for Obama to be out of office because you disagree with what he is doing is TOTALLY relevant. Sure he's not going to be impeached for his tax policy, but it certainly makes sense to wish he were if you disagree with it.

    As to your last line, I digress. You're right in that I shouldn't resort insults. As to a failed argument? I don't think so.

  5. #25
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    Please, PLEASE tell me you read his mind and can actually substantiate this!
    No mind reading required. All you have to do is read the postings in this thread.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #26
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    As to your last line, I digress. You're right in that I shouldn't resort insults.
    That's nice of you to say. As for the rest of the argument as to which post was more irrelevant, it's getting a little too meta for me, we'll have to agree to disagree.

  7. #27
    Student The Dane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-10 @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    253

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    Regardless of what TD said, donc said it was disgusting to hope for the president to fail. I vehemently disagree.
    Either way its a serious show of ignorance. Obama wants the country to prosper, if he succeeds then we propser, if he fails then we do not. It is stupid to think that his policies are either intentionally or unintentionally designed to wreck the country.
    Ever have to dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
    Scales in the grass but the scales don't move right?

  8. #28
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yeah I'd like to see him impeached tomorrow along with Pelosi, Biden and the rest of those scum. The less Obama accomplishes the better off America is. Obama's agenda is to ruin America so his failure is good for those of us who care about our once great nation.

    I give that ass the same amount of respect most of the dems gave W.
    What charges would you impeach them on? They haven't done any high crimes or misdemeanors. Impeaching a president every time you don't like what they're doing is a sure way to wreck our political process.

    And I'm curious, why do you think Obama would possibly have the agenda of ruining America? That paranoia and hatred of those that disagree with you are attitudes that are poisoning our political system. The man wants the best for America, just like you do, you just have different ideas of how to get there.
    Last edited by the makeout hobo; 07-24-10 at 04:17 AM.
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

  9. #29
    Student Frozengale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    11-23-10 @ 04:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    161

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dane View Post
    So you admit you'd like to see the president fail. Pretty disgusting if you ask me.
    I personally wouldn't mind a complete overhaul of the system. Especially we need to get away from the two-party system imho. It creates an environment of hatred and ignorance where it's easier to pick an R and D on a card then it is to actually learn about the issues and take time to understand. Until that time I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter who we vote into office because they will have been chosen by people that don't know what's going on. If we have to have a president or two fail (Bush then Obama) then so be it.

  10. #30
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Try to cover it up....but a zebra can't hide its stripes.
    That was a rather lame throwaway line from someone who obviously realized that his earlier post was nonsense



Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •