Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 201

Thread: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

  1. #191
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Cool, cut spending first, then we will talk about raising taxes.

    How about we simply argue both need to be done?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #192
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    How about we simply argue both need to be done?


    Because I disagree.... spending will never be cut unless we stop raising taxes. our representatives historically have shown us this.


    Furthermore, cut taxes, cut spending more is what needs to be done. Isn't the UK doing just this?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #193
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Because I disagree.... spending will never be cut unless we stop raising taxes. our representatives historically have shown us this.


    Furthermore, cut taxes, cut spending more is what needs to be done. Isn't the UK doing just this?
    its amazing how so many ignore the fact that when a close to majority block of the voters don't suffer increased income taxes with increased spending (which is mostly spent on them) they have no incentive to call for less spending or lower taxes.



  4. #194
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    How about we simply argue both need to be done?
    how come the libs only want to raise taxes on a minority of the voters?

    because they really aren't serious about anything other than getting elected and pandering to the people who generally don't pay most or much of the taxes



  5. #195
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I will probably have to pay another 100K in taxes next year-up from about 285 or so now but if that causes a massive depression that sweeps that turd Obama out of office and many of his malignant moonbat toadies in Congress it would be a price worth paying.
    All that will get you is another turd politician, maybe worse, maybe better. What we really need is a commander in Chief with the guts to get us out of those money draining wars and cut the war budget in half.

    ricksfolly

  6. #196
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    All that will get you is another turd politician, maybe worse, maybe better. What we really need is a commander in Chief with the guts to get us out of those money draining wars and cut the war budget in half.

    ricksfolly
    I cannot dispute that.

    we also need to end

    the war on drugs

    the war on poverty

    unconstitutional government programs that are essentially ponzi schemes.

    we spend way too much money providing defense to counties that can afford their own self defense forces

    but at least that is a constitutional use of tax moneys

    the Obama health care plan is not

    the war on drugs is not



  7. #197
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I didn't realize you were in love with Obama. Obama is a scummy chicago politician who had no business being elected a senator (where he used all sorts of dirty tricks to kill of his competition) let alone president. "the will of the people" LOL-I guess you were upset when the demtards obstructed Miguel Estrada's appointment to the court of appeals?

    You have a very bad case of Bush Derangement Syndrome
    A true Republican argument. Ignore every FACT presented to you and call someone names.

    Welcome to the intelligentsia of the American right.

    Refute (not "refudiate") a single fact that I presented you. Refute one of them.

    You won't because you can't. So you slink away with your tail between your legs and pretend that you're right because you spouted out some funny names you read on the web somewhere.

    There's a whole study out there about people like you: when you're presented with facts (a whole list of them I presented, vast majority of them sourced to neutral sites) and you simply get stronger in your fouled up beliefs.

    How facts backfire - The Boston Globe

    I know you won't read it, because clearly if it's something that doesn't support your viewpoint, you won't read it.

  8. #198
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Oh, and I like how in your post you provide no facts whatsoever, AND compare the obstruction of an appointed position to the impeachment of an elected official.

    There's only one person in this exchange showing derangement and it's clearly not me.

  9. #199
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,717

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Sometimes people are pretty idiotic with their snippy and pithy comments. Tell me...when Bush was enacting his policies which you disagree with, where you 'pretty disgusting' too?

  10. #200
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Sometimes people are pretty idiotic with their snippy and pithy comments. Tell me...when Bush was enacting his policies which you disagree with, where you 'pretty disgusting' too?
    I honestly don't care what Turtle says about Obama. It's that when presented with a list of sourced, indisputable facts - his response was nothing but insults.

    Why? Because he couldn't refute a singe fact that I had posted here: http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058877996

    So when you can't fight facts, hurl insults.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •