Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 201

Thread: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

  1. #151
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You mean besides the hearing lost by my nephrew in Iraq? Or are you saying I should not be concerned about what others paid for Bush's recklessness? Can you really argue fighting two wars without paying for it did not hurt this country economically? really?

    Don't blame Bush or Clinton for my partial hearing loss.




    Obama hasn't been perfect. But he didn't create all of this. He did take some steps in the right direction, clearly calling torture what it is, taking a first step in healthcare reform, something that never would have happened under a republican administration, and moving forward on allowing homosexuals to serve in the military. He has a long ways to go, and has been a bit of a disappointment, But still better than we had, and likely better than McCain would have been. All of them would have bailout Walstreet and the banks and the auto industry. Why? Because we would have been more angry over the consequences if they hadn't. They know that.


    So you like all these new taxes?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #152
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, you can objectively determine if a candy bar is worth two lives and a billion dollars. In much the same way, you can objectively determine that we did not have just reason or cause to invade. And that it cost far more than we gained. You can't write that off as mere opinion.


    I guess it all depends on which candy bar and who the two lives are honestly.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #153
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    General welfare would of course mean promoting the overall well being of America, to improve the quality of life of Americans.

    As such, providing "welfare" for those that need it, is consitutional
    I see you've stopped trying to defend this nonsense on the "Does the US Constitution Say "Provide for the General Welfare""?" topic ans trarted spewing it here.

    See:
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-con...post1058872417

    News flash: You argument is, as demonstrated, unsound no matter how many times you repeat it, or where youmight make it.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 07-26-10 at 04:03 PM.

  4. #154
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Dakota
    Last Seen
    09-02-17 @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,357

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I see you've stopped trying to defend this nonesense on the "Does the US Constitution Say "Provide for the General Welfare""?" topic ans trarted spewing it here.

    See:
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-con...post1058872417

    News flash: You argument is, as demonstrated, unsound no matter how many times you repeat it, or where youmight make it.
    Hey man, I showed your argument was a non-sequiter, so its kind of funny you are calling what they say "unsound."

  5. #155
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    SO anything that congress says promotes the general welfare is constitutional?
    So then too is -anything- that provides for the common defense -- and yet, several powers that do exactly that - such as the power to create and maintain armies and navies - were included in the enumerated powers, for if they were not, such powers ould not exist.

    Thus, his argument is deomstrated unsound.

  6. #156
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by drz-400 View Post
    Hey man, I showed your argument was a non-sequiter, so its kind of funny you are calling what they say "unsound."
    No, you did not. Your argument to that effect was addressed and soundly dismissed.

    Disagree? Head back over there and have another go.

  7. #157
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Dakota
    Last Seen
    09-02-17 @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,357

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    So then too is -anything- that provides for the common defense -- and yet, several powers that do exactly that - such as the power to create and maintain armies and navies - were included in the enumerated powers, for if they were not, such powers ould not exist.

    Thus, his argument is deomstrated unsound.
    You are affirming a disjunct. Both particular powers and general powers are allowed.
    Last edited by drz-400; 07-26-10 at 04:06 PM.

  8. #158
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Dakota
    Last Seen
    09-02-17 @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,357

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    No, you did not. Your argument to that effect was addressed and soundly dismissed.

    Disagree? Head back over there and have another go.
    I did, but you have not responded yet.

  9. #159
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by drz-400 View Post
    You are affirming a disjunt. Both particular powers and general powers are allowed.
    This specification of particulars (that is, the enumerated powers) evidently excludes all pretension to a general legislative authority, (that is, your interpretation of the CD/GWC) because an affirmative grant of special powers would be absurd, as well as useless, if a general authority was intended.
    -Hamilton

  10. #160
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Dakota
    Last Seen
    09-02-17 @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,357

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    This specification of particulars (that is, the enumerated powers) evidently excludes all pretension to a general legislative authority, (that is, your interpretation of the CD/GWC) because an affirmative grant of special powers would be absurd, as well as useless, if a general authority was intended.
    -Hamilton
    A general legislative authority would only be useless under this arguement (the reducto ad absurdum) if it were because the general powers would already grant the particular powers. Thus, we can say that general powers include particular powers.

    So your argument goes as follows:

    Either a general authority was intended or particular powers were intended.

    Particular powers were intended.

    Therefore a general authority was not intended.

    However, since these two are a inclusive disjunction (it is true whenever one or more is true), you have commited the fallacy called affirming a disjunct. I claim both could be true

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •