Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 201

Thread: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

  1. #131
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    LOL

    another constitutional lawyer wannabee

    that term as used in the 18th century had nothing to do with income redistribution

    try again, that topic has been beaten so hard on this forum it is now hamburger.

    we could call enslaving blacks "welfare" and that would make it constitutional?
    Enslaving blacks takes away from "all men created equal"
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  2. #132
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Enslaving blacks takes away from "all men created equal"
    allowing some people to vote while not paying taxes while forcing others to pay massive taxes without them having additional voting rights is hardly equality either

    but lets get back to your ignorance of what "general welfare means"



  3. #133
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    again you are making stuff up

    if our invasion of Iraq turns Iraq into a country like say Japan and Germany became a couple decades after WWII and from that stabilizes the mideast than it would be worth it

    you again are making opinions masquerade as fact
    It can't do that. Not possible. Iraq can't do anything to make radicals not radical. That's like believing in fair dust and nice elfs. Iraq is a nation. Terrorist are not. They fight under no flag. Nothing done in any country changes this. Again, you are buying into a flase premise.

    And no, we can measure. Have measured. Iraq helped recruitment for our enemy. Measured. Iraq cost a ton. Measured. Thousands died. measured. No measurable improvement in safety. No measurable reduction in terrorism or threat. Loss of credibility. measured. As you can see, objectively we can measure and assess.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #134
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It can't do that. Not possible. Iraq can't do anything to make radicals not radical. That's like believing in fair dust and nice elfs. Iraq is a nation. Terrorist are not. They fight under no flag. Nothing done in any country changes this. Again, you are buying into a flase premise.

    And no, we can measure. Have measured. Iraq helped recruitment for our enemy. Measured. Iraq cost a ton. Measured. Thousands died. measured. No measurable improvement in safety. No measurable reduction in terrorism or threat. Loss of credibility. measured. As you can see, objectively we can measure and assess.
    lets see your objective proof

    all I see are opinions



  5. #135
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    lets see your objective proof

    all I see are opinions
    Where have you been? Do you really believe we don't knwo how much the war cost? A good idea of the human cost? That we haven't reported on on how Iraq helped Al Qaeda and others with recruitment? Seriously. where have you been?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #136
    Student Frozengale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    11-23-10 @ 04:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    161

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Where have you been? Do you really believe we don't knwo how much the war cost? A good idea of the human cost? That we haven't reported on on how Iraq helped Al Qaeda and others with recruitment? Seriously. where have you been?
    Well I'm inclined to side with you Boo you should be able to back these facts up. That's all that he is asking. I know that there are several respectable (okay... umm... Major I guess since no news outlet is respectable these days) News Outlets that have covered these stories.

  7. #137
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    allowing some people to vote while not paying taxes while forcing others to pay massive taxes without them having additional voting rights is hardly equality either

    but lets get back to your ignorance of what "general welfare means"
    General welfare would of course mean promoting the overall well being of America, to improve the quality of life of Americans.

    As such, providing "welfare" for those that need it, is consitutional
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  8. #138
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Frozengale View Post
    Well I'm inclined to side with you Boo you should be able to back these facts up. That's all that he is asking. I know that there are several respectable (okay... umm... Major I guess since no news outlet is respectable these days) News Outlets that have covered these stories.
    No, it isn't hard to do. But seems bothersome to do what is common knowledge.

    COSTOFWAR.COM - The Cost of War

    iCasualties | Operation Iraqi Freedom | Iraq

    Iraq Body Count

    BBC NEWS | Middle East | Iraq war 'helped al-Qaeda recruit'

    War Helps Recruit Terrorists, Hill Told (washingtonpost.com)

    Hard for me to believe this isn't well known. Any search would turn up this and more.
    Last edited by Boo Radley; 07-25-10 at 11:44 PM.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #139
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    General welfare would of course mean promoting the overall well being of America, to improve the quality of life of Americans.

    As such, providing "welfare" for those that need it, is consitutional
    SO anything that congress says promotes the general welfare is constitutional? I deny that taking from one group for the benefit of another group promotes the general welfare of the country as a whole

    and do find some authority for the proposition that merely calling the dole or income redistribution "welfare" is consistent with the 18the century term you seem to think justifies the dole



  10. #140
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, it isn't ahrd to do. But seems bothersome to do what is common knowledge.

    COSTOFWAR.COM - The Cost of War

    iCasualties | Operation Iraqi Freedom | Iraq

    Iraq Body Count

    BBC NEWS | Middle East | Iraq war 'helped al-Qaeda recruit'

    War Helps Recruit Terrorists, Hill Told (washingtonpost.com)

    Hard for me to believe this isn't well known. Any search would turn up this and more.
    uh that still doesn't prove your claim that its a waste of money. we don't know how things will turn out

    I am sure lots of people thought the marshall plan was a waste of money. I am sure some thought the occupation of Japan was as well.



Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •