Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 201

Thread: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

  1. #91
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You mean besides the hearing lost by my nephrew in Iraq? Or are you saying I should not be concerned about what others paid for Bush's recklessness? Can you really argue fighting two wars without paying for it did not hurt this country economically? really?

    Obama hasn't been perfect. But he didn't create all of this. He did take some steps in the right direction, clearly calling torture what it is, taking a first step in healthcare reform, something that never would have happened under a republican administration, and moving forward on allowing homosexuals to serve in the military. He has a long ways to go, and has been a bit of a disappointment, But still better than we had, and likely better than McCain would have been. All of them would have bailout Walstreet and the banks and the auto industry. Why? Because we would have been more angry over the consequences if they hadn't. They know that.
    1) your nephew volunteered and got hurt. My uncle was KIA in WWII-I don't blame FDR for that. Obama is running up a far bigger debt than Bush. Yet I bet you voted for Obama.

    2) so again how were you objectively hurt by Bush



  2. #92
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dane View Post
    So you admit you'd like to see the president fail. Pretty disgusting if you ask me.
    There is absolutely nothing wriong with hoping that a President fails to implement his agenda.

    What I fond interesting is that liberals apparently find nothing wrong with The Obama continuing, if not expadning the policies of GWB.

  3. #93
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    There is absolutely nothing wriong with hoping that a President fails to implement his agenda.

    What I fond interesting is that liberals apparently find nothing wrong with The Obama continuing, if not expadning the policies of GWB.
    the pissed and moaned about Bush's spending mainly because all that pork didn't create a bunch more dem bots, but they are totally supporting obama's far more reckless spending because it does create legions of Obama Bots.



  4. #94
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yeah I'd like to see him impeached tomorrow along with Pelosi, Biden and the rest of those scum. The less Obama accomplishes the better off America is. Obama's agenda is to ruin America so his failure is good for those of us who care about our once great nation.

    I give that ass the same amount of respect most of the dems gave W.
    It's the fact that you say "impeached" that pisses me off. You can't wait to overturn the will of people to suit your political needs. Michelle Bachmann (and her degree in BSC) has pretty much said exactly what you've said.

    If Republicans dare to go after it, they will slowly tear the party down to nothing. The public - despite low approval ratings for Obama - will NEVER put up with yet another bogus impeachment attempt. If you'd like to assure yet another schizophrenic swing in the voting populous - just try it. The one thing you'd do is assure a very long-term Democratic majority.

    The country is falling apart - NOT because of the current government - but because of the hangover of the most poorly run decade in American history (I'm talking about the first eight years) in which our nation was attacked (with a Republican in office), one necessary (you can argue this) war started in Afghanistan in response (and never finished), one completely unnecessary war started (still not finished, but getting closer) in Iraq, both wars unfunded as the nation its self was not asked to do a thing of sacrifice as that burden was placed solely on the soldiers families while the wealthy got massive tax breaks, and THEN the economy collapsed in unprecedented fashion beginning in December, 2007. All of this happened with Republicans largely in control and definitely in control of the White House.

    Now, like an abused woman who screams, "But I love him" as she goes back for more abuse, we're going back to them because we dislike the social worker trying to help us escape the abuse.

    I'll reiterate:

    Nation attacked under Bush's watch and Republican Congress' watch.
    Two unfunded and unfinished wars started and never finished under Bush & Republican Congress' watch.
    Utter economic collapse and basically ZERO jobs created over the course of eight years with Republicans in control of the White House and Congress for most of that time.

    So, Bush doesn't deserve respect at all - this is his legacy.

    Now, if you argue that this is all Obama's fault. Then the horrible economy of Reagan's early term must have all been his fault, too - right? Or was Reagan to blame for that? Because you can't blame Obama for the economic collapse that occurred before he was even selected as his party's nominee unless you're willing to blame Reagan for the problems that occurred under Carter.

    In fact, in Reagan's first term he inherited a jobless rate of 7.6%. By midway through his first term, unemployment was at 9.7% (ironically, the same number as it is now - and not to mention that's an increase rate a good amount higher than Obama's, which at the comparable time period, increased from 8.2% to 9.7% - Reagan saw unemployment increase 27%, Obama has seen it increase 15% - oh, and by the way, Bush saw it increase 95%).

    You can hate the policies, but this is pretty simple - we were worse off thirty years ago under Reagan than we are right now under Obama. Not to mention, that we still had Glass-Steagall under Reagan - so the banks were more regulated then than they are likely to be even after Wall Street reform.

    You and Glenn Beck can decry the "death of the Republic" all you like - but you do realize that if the Job Creation numbers (Gallup's Job Creation Index Hits 20-Month High) continue, 2010 alone, Obama's economy will create more jobs than Bush did in eight years. If the numbers land where they are expected to in 2011, then by the 2012 election, we'll have gotten back every job lost since this recession began under a Republican.

    So, how did giving the rich tax cuts in 2005 create jobs? Considering since then, we've lost a ton of jobs, I fail to see how the tax cuts worked. And considering that the highest rate we're looking at on taxes are the Clinton rates, under which we had a pretty fine economy even with the tech bubble - I fail to see how returning to those rates will destroy the economy.

    By the way, you've seen what Conservatives are doing in the UK, right? Cutting spending AND raising taxes, right? It's what HAS to be done to reduce the deficit. To think otherwise at this point is mere foolishness.

  5. #95
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    It's the fact that you say "impeached" that pisses me off. You can't wait to overturn the will of people to suit your political needs. Michelle Bachmann (and her degree in BSC) has pretty much said exactly what you've said.

    If Republicans dare to go after it, they will slowly tear the party down to nothing. The public - despite low approval ratings for Obama - will NEVER put up with yet another bogus impeachment attempt. If you'd like to assure yet another schizophrenic swing in the voting populous - just try it. The one thing you'd do is assure a very long-term Democratic majority.

    The country is falling apart - NOT because of the current government - but because of the hangover of the most poorly run decade in American history (I'm talking about the first eight years) in which our nation was attacked (with a Republican in office), one necessary (you can argue this) war started in Afghanistan in response (and never finished), one completely unnecessary war started (still not finished, but getting closer) in Iraq, both wars unfunded as the nation its self was not asked to do a thing of sacrifice as that burden was placed solely on the soldiers families while the wealthy got massive tax breaks, and THEN the economy collapsed in unprecedented fashion beginning in December, 2007. All of this happened with Republicans largely in control and definitely in control of the White House.

    Now, like an abused woman who screams, "But I love him" as she goes back for more abuse, we're going back to them because we dislike the social worker trying to help us escape the abuse.

    I'll reiterate:

    Nation attacked under Bush's watch and Republican Congress' watch.
    Two unfunded and unfinished wars started and never finished under Bush & Republican Congress' watch.
    Utter economic collapse and basically ZERO jobs created over the course of eight years with Republicans in control of the White House and Congress for most of that time.

    So, Bush doesn't deserve respect at all - this is his legacy.

    Now, if you argue that this is all Obama's fault. Then the horrible economy of Reagan's early term must have all been his fault, too - right? Or was Reagan to blame for that? Because you can't blame Obama for the economic collapse that occurred before he was even selected as his party's nominee unless you're willing to blame Reagan for the problems that occurred under Carter.

    In fact, in Reagan's first term he inherited a jobless rate of 7.6%. By midway through his first term, unemployment was at 9.7% (ironically, the same number as it is now - and not to mention that's an increase rate a good amount higher than Obama's, which at the comparable time period, increased from 8.2% to 9.7% - Reagan saw unemployment increase 27%, Obama has seen it increase 15% - oh, and by the way, Bush saw it increase 95%).

    You can hate the policies, but this is pretty simple - we were worse off thirty years ago under Reagan than we are right now under Obama. Not to mention, that we still had Glass-Steagall under Reagan - so the banks were more regulated then than they are likely to be even after Wall Street reform.

    You and Glenn Beck can decry the "death of the Republic" all you like - but you do realize that if the Job Creation numbers (Gallup's Job Creation Index Hits 20-Month High) continue, 2010 alone, Obama's economy will create more jobs than Bush did in eight years. If the numbers land where they are expected to in 2011, then by the 2012 election, we'll have gotten back every job lost since this recession began under a Republican.

    So, how did giving the rich tax cuts in 2005 create jobs? Considering since then, we've lost a ton of jobs, I fail to see how the tax cuts worked. And considering that the highest rate we're looking at on taxes are the Clinton rates, under which we had a pretty fine economy even with the tech bubble - I fail to see how returning to those rates will destroy the economy.

    By the way, you've seen what Conservatives are doing in the UK, right? Cutting spending AND raising taxes, right? It's what HAS to be done to reduce the deficit. To think otherwise at this point is mere foolishness.
    I didn't realize you were in love with Obama. Obama is a scummy chicago politician who had no business being elected a senator (where he used all sorts of dirty tricks to kill of his competition) let alone president. "the will of the people" LOL-I guess you were upset when the demtards obstructed Miguel Estrada's appointment to the court of appeals?

    You have a very bad case of Bush Derangement Syndrome



  6. #96
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,298
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I didn't realize you were in love with Obama. Obama is a scummy chicago politician who had no business being elected a senator (where he used all sorts of dirty tricks to kill of his competition) let alone president. "the will of the people" LOL-I guess you were upset when the demtards obstructed Miguel Estrada's appointment to the court of appeals?

    You have a very bad case of Bush Derangement Syndrome
    So you can't actually refute any of his points.

    Oh and if you're wondering how Obama got elected to the senate, go ask Jeri Ryan. And if you get in contact with her, could you please tell her to call me

  7. #97
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    So you can't actually refute any of his points.

    Oh and if you're wondering how Obama got elected to the senate, go ask Jeri Ryan. And if you get in contact with her, could you please tell her to call me
    his points are opinions that were not supported with facts-many of his claims have no basis in fact such as claiming that tax cuts must have caused the jobless rate to increase which is pure and complete crap



  8. #98
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    his points are opinions that were not supported with facts-many of his claims have no basis in fact such as claiming that tax cuts must have caused the jobless rate to increase which is pure and complete crap
    On the money! Ever wonder how a liberal can keep a straight face when in a debate with a conservative? Not a punch-line set up, I'm seriously asking?


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  9. #99
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,298
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    his points are opinions that were not supported with facts-many of his claims have no basis in fact such as claiming that tax cuts must have caused the jobless rate to increase which is pure and complete crap
    And your side keeps claiming that Tax Cuts magically fix the economy, but Bush's Tax Cuts did not avoid the recession and they brought Americans taxes to their lowest rates ever.

  10. #100
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    And your side keeps claiming that Tax Cuts magically fix the economy, but 1: Bush's Tax Cuts did not avoid the recession and 2: they brought Americans taxes to their lowest rates ever.
    1: They pulled us --out-- of a recession
    2: Not even close.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •