Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 58 of 58

Thread: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

  1. #51
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    apparently either you didnt read, or didnt understand the post.....if you take away a sizable chunk of business from the suppliers, many would go out of business....nowhere did i say anything about gm parts being used in fords, or vice versa.

    Ahhhh, so these parts manufactures make parts for both? I see, so what would stop them from continuing to make parts for Ford? Sure they'd have to downsize until another company took over say a GM, but they could make it.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #52
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ahhhh, so these parts manufactures make parts for both? I see, so what would stop them from continuing to make parts for Ford? Sure they'd have to downsize until another company took over say a GM, but they could make it.


    j-mac
    Volume. Would likely cost Ford more. Would reduce work force for those making the products.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #53
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    The premise of this "Ford benefited" is that the part suppliers create parts for all three companies, and if Chevy and GM went under these companies would have been unable to readjust to just supplying for Ford and thus without the wisdom of Obama Ford would have been left with no parts for it's CARS!

    Which is patently absurd to say the very least.
    Close. Has nothing to do with the wisdom of Obama. Ford made the case, and not Obama.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #54
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Let's see, you throw out there that Ford benefits indirectly from the other two getting the bailouts, you supply no proof of this, you then instead of backing up that ridiculous claim, continue to tout it as a fact merely because you uttered it, and viola! It's a fact?!!! I think not, what is a fact though is your utter misunderstanding of free markets, and capitalism.


    j-mac
    Actually, somewhere I did throw evidence out there. Use the nortorious WSJ. But if you like, you can google it yourself. Ford made the case.

    j, I always try to support my claim, but I don't think I need to put the link in every post. Do you think I need to?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #55
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Volume. Would likely cost Ford more. Would reduce work force for those making the products.

    Yep, probably would in the short run. But GM and Chrysler would have restructured, not disappeared, so your argument has a false premise to begin with.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #56
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Actually, somewhere I did throw evidence out there. Use the nortorious WSJ. But if you like, you can google it yourself. Ford made the case.

    j, I always try to support my claim, but I don't think I need to put the link in every post. Do you think I need to?

    Yep, I do. See, I am on the road and when I come back there are usually pages, and pages of argument concerning the subject. So, when you make an argument over, you need to cite so that people can see your proof. Otherwise anyone can say anything, doesn't make it true.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #57
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yep, I do. See, I am on the road and when I come back there are usually pages, and pages of argument concerning the subject. So, when you make an argument over, you need to cite so that people can see your proof. Otherwise anyone can say anything, doesn't make it true.

    j-mac
    Well, i don't. I think I need to post it once. But it is an easy search.


    Ford Will Likely Benefit From Bailout - WSJ.com

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #58
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yep, probably would in the short run. But GM and Chrysler would have restructured, not disappeared, so your argument has a false premise to begin with.


    j-mac
    No, not really. The pain would have been real, and better Ford in both the short and long term.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •