Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 266

Thread: White House apologizes to ousted official

  1. #71
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,450

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Two correct statements, but neither proves your overall point that the violated the Hatch act. She in fact did not. Hint: she was not speaking on behalf of a campaign.
    No where in the Hatch Act does it specify that it has to be during, or on the behalf of a campaign. Anytime the NAACP gathers, it's a partisan political event. Unless, of course, you can point out, at anytime in history, where the NAACP has supported any white, Right Wing candidates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #72
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,746

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Hatch Act makes it illegal for federal employees from engaging/participating in partisan political activity. If the NAACP isn't a partisan political group, then there's no such thing. Speaking at an NAACP function is, "participating in", a partisan political activity.

    Presidents and political appointees are exempt from the Hatch Act, so no, every president from FDR onward wouldn't be serving time, because they didn't violate the law.

    Why aren't prosecuters going after her? Two reasons, Obama is waaaaay too embaressed to turn around and charge her with a crime. The political fallout from that would mean that he should just pack his ****, his old lady and his brats and go back to Chicago. Second, he's more worried about being embaressed, not about upholding the law.
    That's total BS. Making speeches is allowed. Presidents do it every election cycle. Show me where she put actual material support into this. Show me.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #73
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,317
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Hatch Act makes it illegal for federal employees from engaging/participating in partisan political activity.
    I am pretty sure you are wrong about this, but feel free to show some evidence it is true.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #74
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,746

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I am pretty sure you are wrong about this, but feel free to show some evidence it is true.
    If apdst is right about this, then Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr., and Jimmy Carter, are all going to jail.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    At least the WH can belly up and say it was wrong.
    Only because they got caught

  6. #76
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,450

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    That's total BS. Making speeches is allowed. Presidents do it every election cycle. Show me where she put actual material support into this. Show me.
    OMG!! What part of, "presidents are exempt", don't you understand?

    It's not bull****, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #77
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,450

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    If apdst is right about this, then Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr., and Jimmy Carter, are all going to jail.
    You're not even paying attention, are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #78
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,450

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I am pretty sure you are wrong about this, but feel free to show some evidence it is true.
    No problem. I figgered since you're intelectually superior, you would already know this, or at least go do your own research to prove me wrong.

    Hatch Act of 1939 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #79
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,317
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    He is listening, he just knows you are making alot of claims without backing any of it up. Quote where presidents are exempt from the Hatch act, and where federal employees cannot participate in any political activity.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #80
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,317
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No problem. I figgered since you're intelectually superior, you would already know this, or at least go do your own research to prove me wrong.

    Hatch Act of 1939 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    And she violated which one?

    These federal employees may not:

    * be candidates for public office in partisan elections
    * campaign for or against a candidate or slate of candidates in partisan elections
    * make campaign speeches
    * collect contributions or sell tickets to political fund raising functions
    * distribute campaign material in partisan elections
    * organize or manage political rallies or meetings
    * hold office in political clubs or parties
    * circulate nominating petitions
    * work to register voters for one party only
    * wear political buttons at work
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •