Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 266

Thread: White House apologizes to ousted official

  1. #61
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,598

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    At least the WH can belly up and say it was wrong.
    Ya think The White House is going re-reverse themselves, because Sherrod is in violation of the Hatch Act; which prohibits federal employees from engaging in partisan politics?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #62
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,764

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ya think The White House is going re-reverse themselves, because Sherrod is in violation of the Hatch Act; which prohibits federal employees from engaging in partisan politics?
    1) Sherrod was not employed by the Federal government at the time this happened, so the Hatch Act does not even apply.

    Strike one.

    2) This was 24 years ago. There was no such thing as the Hatch Act at that time.

    Strike two.

    3) Despite her feelings, she ended up helping the farmer, and even made some trips with him to the State Capital, in order to help out. She ended up saving his farm. But don't take my word for it. It is what the white farmer himself said.

    Strike three (Batter swung and missed so hard he fell on his ass).

    Ranting hatred strikes out again.
    Last edited by danarhea; 07-21-10 at 11:07 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #63
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,598

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    1) Sherrod was not employed by the Federal government at the time this happened, so the Hatch Act does not even apply.

    Strike one.

    2) This was 24 years ago.

    Strike two.

    3) Despite her feelings, she ended up helping the farmer, and even made some trips with him in order to help out. She ended up saving his farm. But don't take my word for it. It is what the white farmer himself said.

    Strike three. Crazed and ranting hatred strikes out again.
    Sherrod was employed when she gave that speech before the NAACP. That, is a violation of the Hatch Act. She broke the law, it's time for her to move her ass on down the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #64
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,764

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Sherrod was employed when she gave that speech before the NAACP. That, is a violation of the Hatch Act. She broke the law, it's time for her to move her ass on down the road.
    She was employed by a non-profit, and it was NOT the Federal Government. It was 24 years ago, and the Hatch Act did not even exist. And she helped the white farmer out, even traveling to the State Capital with him on more than one occasion. Jeez, did you even read my last post before you posted THIS?

    And show me where she violated the Hatch Act when she was giving a speech. If she is guilty of that, then we can throw Bush in jail too for speaking at the American Enterprise Institute. Speaking is not a crime. Attempting to manipulate employment while in the Federal government, for political purposes, or using your office to support a candidate for office, is. So, show me the violation. In other words, where's the beef?
    Last edited by danarhea; 07-21-10 at 11:16 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #65
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,598

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    She was employed by a non-profit, and it was NOT the Federal Government. It was 24 years ago, and the Hatch Act did not even exist. And she helped the white farmer out. Jeez, did you even read my last post before you posted THIS?
    In March, when she spoke before the NAACP chapter, she was employed by the United States Government.

    It was 24 years ago, and the Hatch Act did not even exist
    The Hatch Act was passed in 1939. Do you even know what the Hatch Act is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #66
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,838
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    At least the WH can belly up and say it was wrong.
    I do applaud the WH admitting it was wrong, however this is yet another situation where they "jumped the gun" without having all the facts in the case. The thing that bothers me is that this administration seems to be stuck in campaign mode. Jumping to a conclusion without all the evidence is something I expect an amatuer candidate to do, not the President of the United States. This is no better than the WMD situation in Iraq. Watching this administration almost makes me want to have the Bush administration and their incompetence back (but not quite yet). They were screaming to have this woman fired and they didn't have the whole story. This is a dangerous situation we have on our hands when we have a President that acts before he has all the facts. Bush may have ignored facts, but at least he had them first.

    As an adise, Glenn Beck defended this woman right out of the gate. He stressed context and he was right. My hat is off to Beck. My hat is off as well to the administration for admitting they ****ed up. But I will stress that this is a dangerous road we are on when we have a President that acts before knowing all the facts.

  7. #67
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,764

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    OK, you got me there. I did not know that the Hatch Act was passed in 1939. Now I know. Still, you need to show how she violated it. I don't see any prosecutors going after her, and most of them are Bush appointees. You think they know something you don't? You betcha. Speaking is not a violation of the Hatch Act. Otherwise, all of the presidents from FDR onward would have been serving time, doncha' think?
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #68
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    In March, when she spoke before the NAACP chapter, she was employed by the United States Government.

    The Hatch Act was passed in 1939. Do you even know what the Hatch Act is?
    Two correct statements, but neither proves your overall point that the violated the Hatch act. She in fact did not. Hint: she was not speaking on behalf of a campaign.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #69
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,764

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Two correct statements, but neither proves your overall point that the violated the Hatch act. She in fact did not. Hint: she was not speaking on behalf of a campaign.
    ^^
    He gets it.

    However, I think you CAN speak on behalf of a campaign. Presidents do that every election cycle. You just cannot use your influence to decide who gets to campaign, or to give a candidate material support.
    Last edited by danarhea; 07-21-10 at 11:29 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  10. #70
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,598

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    OK, you got me there. I did not know that the Hatch Act was passed in 1939. Now I know. Still, you need to show how she violated it. I don't see any prosecutors going after her, and most of them are Bush appointees. You think they know something you don't? You betcha. Speaking is not a violation of the Hatch Act. Otherwise, all of the presidents from FDR onward would have been serving time, doncha' think?
    The Hatch Act makes it illegal for federal employees from engaging/participating in partisan political activity. If the NAACP isn't a partisan political group, then there's no such thing. Speaking at an NAACP function is, "participating in", a partisan political activity.

    Presidents and political appointees are exempt from the Hatch Act, so no, every president from FDR onward wouldn't be serving time, because they didn't violate the law.

    Why aren't prosecuters going after her? Two reasons, Obama is waaaaay too embaressed to turn around and charge her with a crime. The political fallout from that would mean that he should just pack his ****, his old lady and his brats and go back to Chicago. Second, he's more worried about being embaressed, not about upholding the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •