Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 266

Thread: White House apologizes to ousted official

  1. #251
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,790
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    It's interesting watching the Fox News bashers come out in full force. I haven't seen a single one of them go after MSNBC or CNN over the "tea party is a bunch of racists" schtick we see night in and night out from these folks. It's not true and there is no proof that it is, yet a free pass they get.

    The leftwaffe that have participated in this thread have stuck to their playbook - divert, FOX News isn't really news, more diversion, ignoring pesky things like facts and the truth, even more diversion, Rush Limbaugh..., more diversion and the famous "yes, but..." line. This story isn't about FOX News. This story isn't about Rush Limbaugh. This story is about this administration leaping to a decision in which they didn't have all the facts in the case - AGAIN. FOX News is biased - yes. MSNBC is biased - yes. Most of the media is biased in one direction or the other (and the bias swings way to the left overall) - yes.

    I've already laid blame at the feet of Breitbart and O'Reilly. I've also laid blame at the feet of this administration and that's what should be bothering everyone! We have an administration that has commented or acted without all the facts for the second time now (that we know of anyway) in a year and a half. As an American, I find that disturbing. I don't care if the President is a Democrat, a Republican, white, black, purple, an atheist, a Jew, a catholic, or even a hermaphrodite for that matter. The POTUS is acting based on a lack of evidence and this should disturb everyone, no matter what political persuasion. Stop sticking to your party talking points and playbooks and look at this from an unbiased perspective. We have an administration who doesn't care about all the facts before taking action. Seems like I heard a lot of whining about this from the left during the last administration, and yet now they are defending this administration for essentially doing the same thing. Stop with the partisan charade and maybe, just maybe, you will see the hypocrisy and shame in defending one side while attacking the other when both sides are guilty as hell of doing the same thing.

  2. #252
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    I guess Larry King and Joy Behar on CNN are news shows

  3. #253
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,682

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Now that you mention it, I do seem to recall tuning in to FOXNews once and they were giving a weather forecast that seemed to be rather accurate. But for the most part, all my recollections seem to be a channel of rightwing propaganda creating and sensationalizing issues in an attempt to spin it into "news."

    Maybe it's just the time of day I watch TV perhaps. So let me go Google and see if I'm missing anything. Be right back.

    Ok, I'm back.

    Seems I was right. However, I do think that On The Record with Greta isn't as blatantly over the top like the rest of their "news" programs. Then there's "America's Newsroom" where Bill Hemmer and Marth MacCallum "brings you the news that matters to you" <read: rightwing propaganda/hate democrats/hate liberals/divide/divide/divide.>

    But the rest of the line-up is about as slanted as it comes. This ain't "news." It's propaganda. Kinda like MSNBC only 3 times as obvious and 1/3 as honest. See what I'm talking about here. --> Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com
    I find it funny you take MSNBC programs and say Fox is "3 times as obvious and 1/3 as honest." Could it be that you find that balance because you AGREE with what the Maddows, Mathews and Olbermans say?

    Look...seriously...NONE of that counts as 'news'. CNN Headline News and Fox Headline News that both run during lunch hours in different break areas I frequent are pretty much identical, except that CNN typical wont run stories that paint liberals in a negative light. I regularly observe journalists presenting arguments, not reporting news.

    I would love to give you a fair and balanced news source. Ive said it forever here...there ARE none...they are ALL slanted. I would rather watch the Daily Show and get Jon Stewarts comedic rant srictly for entertainment value than watch any of the rest. I get my 'news' from several online news sources including Drudges links to AP stories as well as the Huffpo.

    I think THAT would be refreshing..to see someone say "I watch MSNBC (or Fox, or CNN) solely because they fit my own slanted bias."

  4. #254
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,682

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Now that you mention it, I do seem to recall tuning in to FOXNews once and they were giving a weather forecast that seemed to be rather accurate. But for the most part, all my recollections seem to be a channel of rightwing propaganda creating and sensationalizing issues in an attempt to spin it into "news."

    Maybe it's just the time of day I watch TV perhaps. So let me go Google and see if I'm missing anything. Be right back.

    Ok, I'm back.

    Seems I was right. However, I do think that On The Record with Greta isn't as blatantly over the top like the rest of their "news" programs. Then there's "America's Newsroom" where Bill Hemmer and Marth MacCallum "brings you the news that matters to you" <read: rightwing propaganda/hate democrats/hate liberals/divide/divide/divide.>

    But the rest of the line-up is about as slanted as it comes. This ain't "news." It's propaganda. Kinda like MSNBC only 3 times as obvious and 1/3 as honest. See what I'm talking about here. --> Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com
    Its funny and all....to be true...but lets be honest shall we? ALl the dedicated lib posters here have been RANTING on and on about the Biased Right WIng Media (insert evil music clip here). And what does that entail? Fox News. Dude...thats a pretty pathetic "Right Wing Media" group wouldnt you say?

    And let me ask you this...Just how much reporting has CNN done on the justice departments decision to NOT follow up w/ prosecution of the voter intimidation case? How many times have they run stories on their network about the comments made by King Samir Shabbaz? How often did they run stories about the people that have recently left the justice department alleging that they wont prosecute unless it is white on black racism. True or not we dont know, but isnt that at least NEWS that should be investigated? If true should that not be recieved with OUTRAGE by ALL people?

    Oh...the left wing media is easily just as biased...its just that when it comes to your news...thats how you LIKE it.

  5. #255
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Now that you mention it, I do seem to recall tuning in to FOXNews once and they were giving a weather forecast that seemed to be rather accurate. But for the most part, all my recollections seem to be a channel of rightwing propaganda creating and sensationalizing issues in an attempt to spin it into "news."

    Maybe it's just the time of day I watch TV perhaps. So let me go Google and see if I'm missing anything. Be right back.

    Ok, I'm back.

    Seems I was right. However, I do think that On The Record with Greta isn't as blatantly over the top like the rest of their "news" programs. Then there's "America's Newsroom" where Bill Hemmer and Marth MacCallum "brings you the news that matters to you" <read: rightwing propaganda/hate democrats/hate liberals/divide/divide/divide.>

    But the rest of the line-up is about as slanted as it comes. This ain't "news." It's propaganda. Kinda like MSNBC only 3 times as obvious and 1/3 as honest. See what I'm talking about here. --> Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com
    Hmmm, the Fox News lineup looks suspiciously similar to this one. The only difference is that 10 times more people watch Fox.

    CNN Programs - Today on CNN

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  6. #256
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I find it funny you take MSNBC programs and say Fox is "3 times as obvious and 1/3 as honest." Could it be that you find that balance because you AGREE with what the Maddows, Mathews and Olbermans say?

    Look...seriously...NONE of that counts as 'news'. CNN Headline News and Fox Headline News that both run during lunch hours in different break areas I frequent are pretty much identical, except that CNN typical wont run stories that paint liberals in a negative light. I regularly observe journalists presenting arguments, not reporting news.

    I would love to give you a fair and balanced news source. Ive said it forever here...there ARE none...they are ALL slanted. I would rather watch the Daily Show and get Jon Stewarts comedic rant srictly for entertainment value than watch any of the rest. I get my 'news' from several online news sources including Drudges links to AP stories as well as the Huffpo.

    I think THAT would be refreshing..to see someone say "I watch MSNBC (or Fox, or CNN) solely because they fit my own slanted bias."
    Iroically, I couldn't agree more. I added MSNBC to the mix because I find them to be the most obvious biased/slanted cable "news" station second only to FOXNews. The deal with MSNBC is, and the reason I gave them an almost immeasurable trace of slack, is that they DO validate their sources. But that does not negate the FACT that MSNBC only reports the facts that make the right look bad while overlooking the "facts" that might cast the leftist agenda in a bad light. Whereas FOX uses a LOT of artistic license (if not downright misleading misinformation) to smear the leftist viewpoint.

    I do not believe there is a single national "news" outlet that doesn't follow an agenda to a certain degree and that even includes CNN. But don't get me wrong. I watch them all. But I watch them in the same way I might read a National Enquirer while taking a dump. It's just something to do to entertain myself when there's nothing better to do. I do not take any of the cable "news" sources to heart. I look at it as entertainment and NOT a source of valid information.

    Watching Beck, Hannity, O'Reilly, Olbermann or Maddow I automatically KNOW the material will be slanted and in some cases, (especially with FOX,) downright deceptive. I could handle Maddow IF she would report the dirt from BOTH sides of the aisle because her research and facts are probably the most accurate of them all. HOWEVER, her little snarky, mocking, attitude makes me want to reach through my TV screen and snatch her by her skinny neck.

    Fox News. Dude...thats a pretty pathetic "Right Wing Media" group wouldnt you say?
    Pathetic is putting it kindly sir. But in one thread the right will tout how FOXNews is the #1 rated cable news channel and then when FOX is held up to the light, they suddenly become insignificant? (What timing. See post above #255.)
    Last edited by Captain America; 07-23-10 at 11:36 AM.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  7. #257
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    All of this nonsense is just another example of the petulant nature of The Obama's administration.

  8. #258
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    It's interesting watching the Fox News bashers come out in full force. I haven't seen a single one of them go after MSNBC or CNN over the "tea party is a bunch of racists" schtick we see night in and night out from these folks. It's not true and there is no proof that it is, yet a free pass they get.
    The topic is the Sharrod story, so I am not sure what the tea party bashing has to do with this thread. I don't get MSNBC, so I cannot comment, but I do watch CNN from time-to-time. Not saying that it has not happened, but I have not seen any tea party bashing as of yet. If you can link me to said "reporting," I will gladly watch. As for Fox, damn right they deserve to be bashed for it's handling of this story. Apart from Shep Smith (who I think is as good as they come) they had a field day of misinformation after the news came out that she was fired. Like Captain America eludes to, integrity is not one of Fox's strong points. I have seen it many a time.

    The leftwaffe that have participated in this thread have stuck to their playbook - divert, FOX News isn't really news, more diversion, ignoring pesky things like facts and the truth, even more diversion, Rush Limbaugh..., more diversion and the famous "yes, but..." line. This story isn't about FOX News. This story isn't about Rush Limbaugh. This story is about this administration leaping to a decision in which they didn't have all the facts in the case - AGAIN. FOX News is biased - yes. MSNBC is biased - yes. Most of the media is biased in one direction or the other (and the bias swings way to the left overall) - yes. I've already laid blame at the feet of Breitbart and O'Reilly. I've also laid blame at the feet of this administration and that's what should be bothering everyone! We have an administration that has commented or acted without all the facts for the second time now (that we know of anyway) in a year and a half. As an American, I find that disturbing. I don't care if the President is a Democrat, a Republican, white, black, purple, an atheist, a Jew, a catholic, or even a hermaphrodite for that matter. The POTUS is acting based on a lack of evidence and this should disturb everyone, no matter what political persuasion. Stop sticking to your party talking points and playbooks and look at this from an unbiased perspective. We have an administration who doesn't care about all the facts before taking action. Seems like I heard a lot of whining about this from the left during the last administration, and yet now they are defending this administration for essentially doing the same thing. Stop with the partisan charade and maybe, just maybe, you will see the hypocrisy and shame in defending one side while attacking the other when both sides are guilty as hell of doing the same thing.
    Speaking for myself, I did post earlier in this thread that the Administration and NAACP were a bunch of spineless jellyfish for taking the bait. I would have though they would have wisened up after ACORN, but it apperas they have not leaned any lesson. No doubt they should have egg on their faces for allowing themselves to be duped. Shame on them. And shame on any news network that went with the story without substantiating it. And shame on Breitbart for creative editing to push his agenda.

    There's a lot of shame to go around.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  9. #259
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    Because they are like Fox in many ways -- they take real news bits and then comment on them and edit bits to make things look worse than they really are. Colbert and Stewart do it for humor mostly. Fox does it for propaganda reasons.

    And yes, so do Olberman and the others on MSNBC. The difference? They don't pretend to be "fair and unbiased."

    All we're asking is for Fox to stop lying about that. If they just came out and said "We are the conservative alternative" or something and stopped claiming to be unbiased you wouldn't get this kind of criticism. It's the dishonesty that is the problem.
    Truly amazing... libs can't tell the difference between a news broadcast and a talk show.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  10. #260
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,682

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Iroically, I couldn't agree more. I added MSNBC to the mix because I find them to be the most obvious biased/slanted cable "news" station second only to FOXNews. The deal with MSNBC is, and the reason I gave them an almost immeasurable trace of slack, is that they DO validate their sources. But that does not negate the FACT that MSNBC only reports the facts that make the right look bad while overlooking the "facts" that might cast the leftist agenda in a bad light. Whereas FOX uses a LOT of artistic license (if not downright misleading misinformation) to smear the leftist viewpoint.

    I do not believe there is a single national "news" outlet that doesn't follow an agenda to a certain degree and that even includes CNN. But don't get me wrong. I watch them all. But I watch them in the same way I might read a National Enquirer while taking a dump. It's just something to do to entertain myself when there's nothing better to do. I do not take any of the cable "news" sources to heart. I look at it as entertainment and NOT a source of valid information.

    Watching Beck, Hannity, O'Reilly, Olbermann or Maddow I automatically KNOW the material will be slanted and in some cases, (especially with FOX,) downright deceptive. I could handle Maddow IF she would report the dirt from BOTH sides of the aisle because her research and facts are probably the most accurate of them all. HOWEVER, her little snarky, mocking, attitude makes me want to reach through my TV screen and snatch her by her skinny neck.



    Pathetic is putting it kindly sir. But in one thread the right will tout how FOXNews is the #1 rated cable news channel and then when FOX is held up to the light, they suddenly become insignificant? (What timing. See post above #255.)
    And thats the difference...unless its on while at lunch I dont watch ANY of it because its all slanted bull****. Seriously I would rather watch the Daily Show. News...thats going to be found with a story from the AP...another version on CBS.com...and a few other sources of the same story...and SOMEWHERE in there is probably some form of the truth.

    So I guess we agree...FOx News = RIng Media Media outlet...ALL OTHERS = Left Wing Media outlets.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •