Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 266

Thread: White House apologizes to ousted official

  1. #231
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,673

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    Does it matter? What's your point here?
    I'm not sure, but I think what get's most people goat, about FOXNews is that they not only claim to be a NEWS outlet, they claim to be a fair and balanced news outlet. Now, certainly the two of us can agree that neither is actually true.

    And you know what? That wouldn't be so bad if so many people didn't get their opinions formed by listening and supporting this facade of journalism. I mean, I don't get frustrated when I see the National Enquirer in grocery check-out line. Why? Because myself, and all others that pass KNOW that the two-headed martian baby born to a couple in Missouri is poppy-cock but makes for interesting reading while on the toilet. Not the same with FOX. People take them to heart and these people vote's cancel out the votes of serious, informed voters. That's America. A physician's vote counts as much as the guy working the window at McDonald's. But I can think of no other way to keep a democracy going so I digress.

    It has long been said, "United we stand, divided we fall." I can think of no other media outlet that has done as much to divide and polarize our nation than FOXNews. We were warned during the cold-war that communists use propaganda to influence and sway opinion and their aim was to bring the US to it's knees from within. Who would ever thought the wolf in sheep's clothing would be wearing a USA flag pin on their lapel?

    We WERE warned. But we didn't listen to those old fuddy-duddie's. Now, we are becoming a tower of babble.
    Last edited by Captain America; 07-22-10 at 06:59 PM.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  2. #232
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think what get's most people goat, about FOXNews is that they not only claim to be a NEWS outlet, they claim to be a fair and balanced news outlet. Now, certainly the two of us can agree that neither is actually true.

    And you know what? That wouldn't be so bad if so many people didn't get their opinions formed by listening and supporting this facade of journalism. I mean, I don't get frustrated when I see the National Enquirer in grocery check-out line. Why? Because myself, and all others that pass KNOW that the two-headed martian baby born to a couple in Missouri is poppy-cock but makes for interesting reading while on the toilet. Not the same with FOX. People take them to heart and these people vote's cancel out the votes of serious, informed voters. That's America. A physician's vote counts as much as the guy working the window at McDonald's. But I can think of no other way to keep a democracy going so I digress.

    It has long been said, "United we stand, divided we fall." I can think of no other media outlet that has done as much to divide and polarize our nation than FOXNews. We were warned during the cold-war that communists use propaganda to influence and sway opinion and their aim was to bring the US to it's knees from within. Who would ever thought the wolf in sheep's clothing would be wearing a USA flag pin on their lapel?

    We WERE warned. But we didn't listen to those old fuddy-duddie's. Now, we are becoming a tower of babble.
    You seem to be claiming that Fox doesn't have any actual news that it reports, when in fact, it does.

  3. #233
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    You seem to be claiming that Fox doesn't have any actual news that it reports, when in fact, it does.
    Underneath all the spin, yeah there's news. Just like on The Colbert Report and Jon Stewart. At least Stewart and Colbert admit they are biased -- it's part of their comedy. If Fox presented itself as a commentary channel maybe there wouldn't be such anger against them. It's the pretending to be "fair and balanced" when they are obviously anything but that bothers many people.

  4. #234
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    Underneath all the spin, yeah there's news. Just like on The Colbert Report and Jon Stewart. At least Stewart and Colbert admit they are biased -- it's part of their comedy. If Fox presented itself as a commentary channel maybe there wouldn't be such anger against them. It's the pretending to be "fair and balanced" when they are obviously anything but that bothers many people.
    No there's actual NEWS on fox news in addition to shows like Glenn Beck and O'Reilly.

  5. #235
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,673

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    You seem to be claiming that Fox doesn't have any actual news that it reports, when in fact, it does.
    Now that you mention it, I do seem to recall tuning in to FOXNews once and they were giving a weather forecast that seemed to be rather accurate. But for the most part, all my recollections seem to be a channel of rightwing propaganda creating and sensationalizing issues in an attempt to spin it into "news."

    Maybe it's just the time of day I watch TV perhaps. So let me go Google and see if I'm missing anything. Be right back.

    Ok, I'm back.

    Seems I was right. However, I do think that On The Record with Greta isn't as blatantly over the top like the rest of their "news" programs. Then there's "America's Newsroom" where Bill Hemmer and Marth MacCallum "brings you the news that matters to you" <read: rightwing propaganda/hate democrats/hate liberals/divide/divide/divide.>

    But the rest of the line-up is about as slanted as it comes. This ain't "news." It's propaganda. Kinda like MSNBC only 3 times as obvious and 1/3 as honest. See what I'm talking about here. --> Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  6. #236
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    Underneath all the spin, yeah there's news. Just like on The Colbert Report and Jon Stewart. At least Stewart and Colbert admit they are biased -- it's part of their comedy. If Fox presented itself as a commentary channel maybe there wouldn't be such anger against them. It's the pretending to be "fair and balanced" when they are obviously anything but that bothers many people.


    Especially you libs......... Go FOX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  7. #237
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think what get's most people goat, about FOXNews is that they not only claim to be a NEWS outlet, they claim to be a fair and balanced news outlet. Now, certainly the two of us can agree that neither is actually true.

    And you know what? That wouldn't be so bad if so many people didn't get their opinions formed by listening and supporting this facade of journalism. I mean, I don't get frustrated when I see the National Enquirer in grocery check-out line. Why? Because myself, and all others that pass KNOW that the two-headed martian baby born to a couple in Missouri is poppy-cock but makes for interesting reading while on the toilet. Not the same with FOX. People take them to heart and these people vote's cancel out the votes of serious, informed voters. That's America. A physician's vote counts as much as the guy working the window at McDonald's. But I can think of no other way to keep a democracy going so I digress.

    It has long been said, "United we stand, divided we fall." I can think of no other media outlet that has done as much to divide and polarize our nation than FOXNews. We were warned during the cold-war that communists use propaganda to influence and sway opinion and their aim was to bring the US to it's knees from within. Who would ever thought the wolf in sheep's clothing would be wearing a USA flag pin on their lapel?

    We WERE warned. But we didn't listen to those old fuddy-duddie's. Now, we are becoming a tower of babble.
    Great post, Captain A. When it comes to media issues, we are sharing the same spliff, maaaan.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  8. #238
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    Underneath all the spin, yeah there's news. Just like on The Colbert Report and Jon Stewart. At least Stewart and Colbert admit they are biased -- it's part of their comedy. If Fox presented itself as a commentary channel maybe there wouldn't be such anger against them. It's the pretending to be "fair and balanced" when they are obviously anything but that bothers many people.
    Not even why Colbert and Stewart should even be mentioned here. They are on the Comedy channel so how can they even be construed as news?
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  9. #239
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Great post, Captain A. When it comes to media issues, we are sharing the same spliff, maaaan.
    That explains it.....

    spliff (splif)

    noun

    Slang a marijuana cigarette
    spliff - Definition of spliff at YourDictionary.com
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  10. #240
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,673

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Great post, Captain A. When it comes to media issues, we are sharing the same spliff, maaaan.

    Well, it is what it is. I am cursed with being a realist. I can be quite the bore at party's I suppose.

    I have always been told that perception is reality. You would be hard pressed convincing a schitzophrenic that there weren't any REAL pink elephants in the room. I do find it sometimes frustrating, and sometime humorous, how some people can create their own reality. How cool is that? Why must everything be in black and white to me? Why wasn't I blessed with the liberty to dream and imagine up a reality that suited my beliefs?

    It ain't easy being me. I kinda know how Mr. Spock must have felt around the crew of the USS Enterprise. LOL!

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •