Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 266

Thread: White House apologizes to ousted official

  1. #11
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Actually, he did have access to the entire speech, but chose to heavily edit it, and then disseminated it as the original speech. No excuse whatsoever for that.
    Actually, I thought that Breitbart said that he didn't get the entire speech, and that the clips were put out there as he received them? Got any proof that he had the entire speech?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #12
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Actually, I thought that Breitbart said that he didn't get the entire speech, and that the clips were put out there as he received them? Got any proof that he had the entire speech?


    j-mac
    If what you say is true that is really sloppy, lazy, amateurish journalism
    Last edited by winston53660; 07-21-10 at 05:12 PM.

  3. #13
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    Of course. He wasn't given the entire speech.
    are you ignoring the fact that he has a long history of misleading people? why?

  4. #14
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,751

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Time for me to get this out of the way. I don't see eye to eye with most of Obama's agenda, but this is a case where I have to call it as I see it. The apology had to be done, because it was the right thing to do.

    Thank you, Mr. President.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #15
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Time for me to get this out of the way. I don't see eye to eye with most of Obama's agenda, but this is a case where I have to call it as I see it. The apology had to be done, because it was the right thing to do.

    Thank you, Mr. President.
    exactly why i like you so much. integrity.

  6. #16
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    actually, you are. the misleading story was put forward by a conservative, without context. can you admit that?

    And that stupid amateur in the White House took it hook, line, and sinker. Kinda like what led up to the beer summit….. What a clown.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  7. #17
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    If what you say is true that is really sloppy, lazy, amateurish journalism
    Hmmmmm...... you could be describing our amateur in chief…. I sure hope Barry uses better judgment if someone comes to him and says there might be a missile launch in Russia.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  8. #18
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    LibLady -- I know how deeply you felt about this issue -- I could feel your passion in your posts. I'm glad the White House apologized...a very unusual thing for the White House to do in any circumstance. I do have to wonder -- what were they apologizing for? Anyone know? It was my understanding that she was fired by her immediate supervisor....with calls from Washington to "handle it."

    I'm not sure how I personally feel about it -- because I understood her dismissal. But, in the scheme of things, it's just not that important now that it's resolved.

    One thing I am sure of is that had this been a white woman relating her experience in the same exact way, she'd be forever toast. We still have that double standard, I'm thinkin'.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  9. #19
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,697

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    LibLady -- I know how deeply you felt about this issue -- I could feel your passion in your posts. I'm glad the White House apologized...a very unusual thing for the White House to do in any circumstance. I do have to wonder -- what were they apologizing for? Anyone know? It was my understanding that she was fired by her immediate supervisor....with calls from Washington to "handle it."

    I'm not sure how I personally feel about it -- because I understood her dismissal. But, in the scheme of things, it's just not that important now that it's resolved.

    One thing I am sure of is that had this been a white woman relating her experience in the same exact way, she'd be forever toast. We still have that double standard, I'm thinkin'.


    Great post.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #20
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    LibLady -- I know how deeply you felt about this issue -- I could feel your passion in your posts. I'm glad the White House apologized...a very unusual thing for the White House to do in any circumstance. I do have to wonder -- what were they apologizing for? Anyone know? It was my understanding that she was fired by her immediate supervisor....with calls from Washington to "handle it."

    I'm not sure how I personally feel about it -- because I understood her dismissal. But, in the scheme of things, it's just not that important now that it's resolved.

    One thing I am sure of is that had this been a white woman relating her experience in the same exact way, she'd be forever toast. We still have that double standard, I'm thinkin'.
    why is it that people seem to want to deal in "what ifs" rather than facts? yes, i am passionate because she was not only severely mistreated by the media, she was also mistreated by the WH. i am finished with this.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •