Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 266

Thread: White House apologizes to ousted official

  1. #111
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,053

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    If what you say is true that is really sloppy, lazy, amateurish journalism
    You give them far too much credit by calling what they do journalism. It was brilliant political hackery, which is what they do so well.
    Last edited by upsideguy; 07-22-10 at 01:50 AM.

  2. #112
    Advisor LimeLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    01-15-12 @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    343

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    The WH should not have reacted to this garbage in the first place. This is so similar to the dems being so well played by the conservative mis-information machine one year ago in the Acorn matter. Facts gave way to sensationalism, and the Dems lacked the backbone to react with integrity. Once again, the party of fools taking it to the party of wimps.
    Fox News is fair and balanced. Honest reporting. Nothing is taken out of context. Ever.
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

    Umberto Eco

  3. #113
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    06-04-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    123

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Facts remain...aside from the circle jerk.

    Discrimination was applauded at the Naacp meeting.

    To excuse it is racist.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    You give them far too much credit by calling what they do journalism. It was brilliant political hackery, which is what they do so well.
    Not as well as the MSM liberal press

  5. #115
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Wow, first this thread was about Sherrod (didn't stick), then it became about Obama (didn't stick), then Sherrod again (didn't stick), and now the audience (won't stick either). Tell you what - Since Christmas is just around the corner, let's pin it all on Santa Claus. I hate that SOB.
    Way to duck the obvious point being made. Can you answer the question or not? Was it not racist that they clapped and agreed when she discussed how she descriminated against a white farmer?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  6. #116
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The quote at 40:29

    "If there was ever a time to own a home, it is now, and you can thank President Obama for that."

    Not campaigning. Time to stop grasping at straws.




    Don't really care about all of this, but this is campaigning. no?


    How exactly did Obama make it so these people could buy houses?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #117
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Way to duck the obvious point being made. Can you answer the question or not? Was it not racist that they clapped and agreed when she discussed how she descriminated against a white farmer?

    That would be a good question for dana to answer....I didn't read the entire eight pages since my last post, did dana ever provide proof that Breitbart received the entire video as he claimed in the beginning of the thread?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #118
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,264
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Way to duck the obvious point being made. Can you answer the question or not? Was it not racist that they clapped and agreed when she discussed how she descriminated against a white farmer?
    Are you referring to this quote?

    "The first time I was faced with having to help a white farmer save his farm, he took a long time talking but he was trying to show me he was superior to me. I know what he was doing, but he had come to me for help. What he didn't know while he was taking all that time trying to show me he was superior to me was, I was trying to decide just how much help I was going to give him," Sherrod said.

    "I was struggling with the fact that so many black people had lost their farmland, and here I was faced with having to help a white person save their land. So I didn't give him the full force of what I could do. I did enough," Sherrod said. "So that when he, I assumed the Department of Agriculture had sent him to me, either that or the Georgia Department of Agriculture, and he needed to go back and report that I did try to help him."
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #119
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Some points on this:

    1. Sherrod clearly said she was told to pull over and type a resignation on her blackberry. When she protested, she was told the White House was insisting on her immediate resignation.

    2. Vilsack and Gibbs both claim the White House had nothing to do with it.

    3. Somebody is lying.

    4. I find it hilarious that some of the people in this thread somehow think Fox News is to blame for this fiasco.

    5. Sherrod was fired on Monday.

    6. Fox News reported she was fired Monday night and showed the clip explaining why she was fired. How are they in any way to blame for this??? They reported what happened and why.

    7. The NAACP immediately condemned the woman for comments at a NAACP meeting just four months ago.

    8. If anyone had a copy of her entire speech, they would. And, as it turns out, they did have the speech on video.

    9. Benjamin Jealous, President and CEO of the NAACP, was one of the first to speak out against Sherrod. Yet, in her speech last March, she mentions the "president" in the audience. She surely wasn't talking about Obama.

    10. The NAACP then has the gall to blame Fox News for their own stupidity.

    This whole incident is far from being over. The Obama administration would like it to go away, but it won't happen.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  10. #120
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: White House apologizes to ousted official

    Y'all seem to be under the mistaken impression that the news is unbiased. This is not the case, since the historical record bears out that the media has always had a bias. It's called yellow dog journalism for a reason. I don't see any of the liberals up in arms about how the left wing media treats gunowners, constitutional militias, religious people that aren't mainstream, etc... Consistently, the left wing media portrays gunowners as criminals just waiting to happen, that militias are nothing more then racists and white supremists, and that the Branch Davidians deserved to be attacked by the government. You will never see the left wing media report about a gunowner that saved the lives of themselves and others against a criminal. Why it's because guns are evil. You will never see a left wing media report of a constitutional militia working to help disaster victims or helping to catch criminals. Why it's because all militias are evil racists that want to wipe out the minorities. You will never see the left wing media report the truth of what happens when a non-mainstream individual is attacked and murdered by the government. Why it's because that all non-mainstream individuals are evil racists that hate America. The fact of the matter is that journalists aren't concerned with the truth and never have been. Woodward had an axe to grind with the Nixon administration and pursued leads to get to the truth he wanted to hear in order to smear the administration. Unfortunately, Edward Murrow was an anomoly and there hasn't been another like him for a long time.

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •