I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
Facts remain...aside from the circle jerk.
Discrimination was applauded at the Naacp meeting.
To excuse it is racist.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
Matthew 10:34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.
Alexis de Tocqueville
"The first time I was faced with having to help a white farmer save his farm, he took a long time talking but he was trying to show me he was superior to me. I know what he was doing, but he had come to me for help. What he didn't know while he was taking all that time trying to show me he was superior to me was, I was trying to decide just how much help I was going to give him," Sherrod said.
"I was struggling with the fact that so many black people had lost their farmland, and here I was faced with having to help a white person save their land. So I didn't give him the full force of what I could do. I did enough," Sherrod said. "So that when he, I assumed the Department of Agriculture had sent him to me, either that or the Georgia Department of Agriculture, and he needed to go back and report that I did try to help him."
Some points on this:
1. Sherrod clearly said she was told to pull over and type a resignation on her blackberry. When she protested, she was told the White House was insisting on her immediate resignation.
2. Vilsack and Gibbs both claim the White House had nothing to do with it.
3. Somebody is lying.
4. I find it hilarious that some of the people in this thread somehow think Fox News is to blame for this fiasco.
5. Sherrod was fired on Monday.
6. Fox News reported she was fired Monday night and showed the clip explaining why she was fired. How are they in any way to blame for this??? They reported what happened and why.
7. The NAACP immediately condemned the woman for comments at a NAACP meeting just four months ago.
8. If anyone had a copy of her entire speech, they would. And, as it turns out, they did have the speech on video.
9. Benjamin Jealous, President and CEO of the NAACP, was one of the first to speak out against Sherrod. Yet, in her speech last March, she mentions the "president" in the audience. She surely wasn't talking about Obama.
10. The NAACP then has the gall to blame Fox News for their own stupidity.
This whole incident is far from being over. The Obama administration would like it to go away, but it won't happen.
Y'all seem to be under the mistaken impression that the news is unbiased. This is not the case, since the historical record bears out that the media has always had a bias. It's called yellow dog journalism for a reason. I don't see any of the liberals up in arms about how the left wing media treats gunowners, constitutional militias, religious people that aren't mainstream, etc... Consistently, the left wing media portrays gunowners as criminals just waiting to happen, that militias are nothing more then racists and white supremists, and that the Branch Davidians deserved to be attacked by the government. You will never see the left wing media report about a gunowner that saved the lives of themselves and others against a criminal. Why it's because guns are evil. You will never see a left wing media report of a constitutional militia working to help disaster victims or helping to catch criminals. Why it's because all militias are evil racists that want to wipe out the minorities. You will never see the left wing media report the truth of what happens when a non-mainstream individual is attacked and murdered by the government. Why it's because that all non-mainstream individuals are evil racists that hate America. The fact of the matter is that journalists aren't concerned with the truth and never have been. Woodward had an axe to grind with the Nixon administration and pursued leads to get to the truth he wanted to hear in order to smear the administration. Unfortunately, Edward Murrow was an anomoly and there hasn't been another like him for a long time.