Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 261

Thread: USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer resigns

  1. #231
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    The NAACP says that Fox bamboozled them, whatever that means, Fox proved that on the basis of reporting this story on a particular time line, they were innocent of any attempt at Bamboozing NAACP, the Agricultural Dept concerned are practically standing on their collective heads in attempting to get Mrs. Shirly Sherrod accept their job offer, the White House says that they have no knowledge.
    This last is very likely to mean that Obama is as usual clueless.
    Yes, it's hard to chalk this up as anything other than "pathetic" for anyone who touched the story - Fox, the NAACP, the Obama Admin, you name it.

  2. #232
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    yeah, for what he said in present time. and he kept his job, yes?
    Political controversy ensued following remarks Lott made on December 5, 2002 at the 100th birthday party of Sen. Strom Thurmond of South Carolina. Thurmond ran for President of the United States in 1948 on the Dixiecrat (or States' Rights) ticket. Lott said: "When Strom Thurmond ran for president, we voted for him. We’re proud of it. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn't have had all these problems over the years, either."[3]
    Lott resigned as Senate Republican Leader on December 20, 2002.
    Trent Lott - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Didn't matter what his intentions were, his thoughts, his explanation.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #233
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Seems to me like you're still blaming the Obama administration for something. Hardly honest. Are you also going to now engage in long diatribes about why this woman should be rehired with the same fervor you did when you were convinced she was you know, a racist?

    You've got a lot of nerve here pal, crowing about how FOX News is responsible for furthering this, when Matthews, Olberman, and his nephew Maddow get things wrong, and they do often, you say nothing, then you question someone else's honesty?

    That doesn't fly brother.


    question your own honesty before you attack others ok?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #234
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,157

    Re: USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I don't know what you watched but it cannot be the same thing I did. It's arguable that she was racist herself when she was younger but I submit at that time... she had a right to be! If you look at what she could have become given where she lived, the times, her father being killed by a white man and never prosecuted, the lynchings (and yes, I'm taking this woman's word for it that all this happened), she could have become what you think she is... but she changed. THAT was the story. Her religious beliefs helped. This woman probably has some biases still and it would be natural and expected but her message in that whole speech was a positive one, not a negative one. I think the issues are with you, and not her.
    i agree that her confessed declination to use the full force of her position was years back
    but she still treats people differently based on race, and now she indicates she is entitled to treat people differently based on their perceived wealth (or lack of it)
    she also used her official position to proselytize the worship of God. federal officials cannot do that
    so, she treats people in a disparate manner based on their ethnicity and economic condition while preaching on behalf of God. all those things are violations of the standards of conduct for all federal employees
    in my opinion she is well intentioned; but also noncompliant with necessary standards of conduct to hold a government position
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  5. #235
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,157

    Re: USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    There's absolutely NOTHING in that video to support your position...NOTHING!

    Mrs. Sherrod didn't envoke class warefare. She spoke of the politics of the time where people were treated unfairly based on both the color of their skin and their economic status, but nowhere in that video did she give any indication that she treated people in that way before or since her involvement with Mr. & Mrs. Spooner, the white farmer and his wife whom she eventually helped to save their farm.

    Anyone who watched that video in its entirety objectively cannot come away thinking the woman was racist or bigotted against Whites. You just can't!!! Because it's just not there. This woman goes out of her way to promote improving race relations in this country. She even advocates that young Black people should re-evaluate their position on race relations and not jump to conclusions. Now, granted it is clear that Mrs. Sherrod grew up in the South at a time when racism and segregation was the norm, and she openly admits that she didn't serve the Spooners well initially, but when they called on her for help one week before their farm was to be foreclosed on, she lite up the phones contacting everyone she could think of until she found the Spooners a lawyer who was willing to file the necessary Chapter 11 bankruptcy paperwork to save their farm. This was all done long before Mrs. Sherrod was employed by the USDA. And the speech she gave before the March 27, 2010 NAACP fundraising event was apparently the same speech she has given at other events around the nation that deal with improving race relations in this country.

    So, how anyone who watched the full video can still come away with this same sense of bigotry and hatred is beyond me. As I said earlier, the only way you don't see that Mrs. Sherrod has been wronged here is if you choose not to see it.
    then we have to agree to disagree
    her belief that 'his kind' being a white attorney, would be appropriate shows that she makes decisions based on ethnicity
    her willingness to not just relate her faith in God but to promote others to follow God's path in her official capacity during that speech violates the standards of conduct. federal officials cannot advocate any particular religious dogma be followed
    and she cited that she recognizes the need to assist the poor. good hearted, well intentioned, but also absolutely wrong. a federal nofficial cannot show preference for a client because of their socio-economic condition unless the regulations authorize it. in this instance i doubt the USDA regs say that assistance to the poor should be a priority to aiding the well off
    federal officials must be even handed in all things, unless the law, rules or regulations direct otherwise
    this woman fails that test
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  6. #236
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,772

    Re: USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i agree that her confessed declination to use the full force of her position was years back
    but she still treats people differently based on race, and now she indicates she is entitled to treat people differently based on their perceived wealth (or lack of it)
    she also used her official position to proselytize the worship of God. federal officials cannot do that
    so, she treats people in a disparate manner based on their ethnicity and economic condition while preaching on behalf of God. all those things are violations of the standards of conduct for all federal employees
    in my opinion she is well intentioned; but also noncompliant with necessary standards of conduct to hold a government position
    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    then we have to agree to disagree
    her belief that 'his kind' being a white attorney, would be appropriate shows that she makes decisions based on ethnicity
    her willingness to not just relate her faith in God but to promote others to follow God's path in her official capacity during that speech violates the standards of conduct. federal officials cannot advocate any particular religious dogma be followed
    and she cited that she recognizes the need to assist the poor. good hearted, well intentioned, but also absolutely wrong. a federal nofficial cannot show preference for a client because of their socio-economic condition unless the regulations authorize it. in this instance i doubt the USDA regs say that assistance to the poor should be a priority to aiding the well off
    federal officials must be even handed in all things, unless the law, rules or regulations direct otherwise
    this woman fails that test
    The religious issue aside because that's merely reaching to continue your dislike for the woman and/or her actions, you're making your commentary based on things Mrs. Sheddon did in the past assuming that is how she treats people now. You, sir, have no proof of that; none whatsoever.

    Have you reviewed her performance record as a USDA employee? No.

    Have you talked with any of the client's Mrs. Sherrod has served in her capacity as Director of Rural Development for the Georgia state Dept. of Argiculture? No.

    Have you personally witnessed this woman conduct herself in a racist or unfair manner in her capacity as Dir., Rural Development? No.

    So, how can you make such statements as:

    "... she still treats people differently based on race, and now she indicates she is entitled to treat people differently based on their perceived wealth (or lack of it)...

    ...she treats people in a disparate manner based on their ethnicity and economic condition...

    ...her belief that 'his kind' being a white attorney, would be appropriate shows that she makes decisions based on ethnicity...
    Granted, at that time 24 years ago Mrs. Sherrod did elude to the fact that she viewed at least one client based on his race and/or economic standing. She openly admitted that she was conflicted between helping a White farmer while seeing disadvantaged Black farmers lose their farmland. This did troubled her and honestly I can't say I would have blamed her had I been acquainted w/her so long ago, but nowhere in the unedited video does she state that's how she treats people now!! Therefore, you, sir, continue to mischaracterize this woman based on your own bigotry. You see only what you want to see and not what's truly before you.

    There's no evidence in the full version of the video to support the claim that this woman is racist or that she performed her duties as Dir, Rural Dev in a racist or unfair fashion. So, unless you were a client of hers, reviewed her performance records or witnessed Mrs. Sherrod conduct herself in a racist and unfair fashion, your unfounded claims of her racist behavior is nothing more than a display of your own racist, bigoted and slanderous attitude.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 07-21-10 at 05:58 PM.

  7. #237
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,772

    Re: USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Oh, so in other words (I assume you me "wronged") she was wronged by the obama administration and anyone else besides the obama administration who disagrees with you is racist....






    edit: unless of course I have completley misunderstood you.
    First off, I never said that the Obama Administration didn't rush to judgment. Anyone who accused this woman of committing a racist act before seeing the full, unedited version of the video is guilty of doing this woman an injustice, and that includes the Obama Administration.

    Second, yeah, buddy. You have misunderstood me - completely. (But I contend you've done so purposely.)

    Third, now that the facts of the matter are out anyone who refuses to see that this woman's message was one of racial unity and not racial divisiveness and IS seaking to find any excuse to discredit her, yes, I AM calling them a racist and/or a bigot. There's nothing in the unedited video to characterize Mrs. Sheddon that way.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 07-21-10 at 06:10 PM.

  8. #238
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,157

    Re: USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    The religious issue aside because that's merely reaching to continue your dislike for the woman and/or her actions, you're making your commentary based on things Mrs. Sheddon did in the past assuming that is how she treats people now. You, sir, have no proof of that; none whatsoever.
    actually, the proof is found within the video of her speech
    including her proselytizing for God. what you term as a 'religious' issue is a clear cut violation of the standards of conduct for all federal employees. no federal employee (excepting chaplins) can advocate any particular faith. yet, she did. watch the video

    Have you reviewed her performance record as a USDA employee? No.
    yes. her speech, as a USDA official shows us that she uses ethnicity to determine her actions - as in seeking out a WHITE attorney to aid a WHITE farmer. there should have been no reason to need to select an attorney because his ethnicity matched that of the client. but she did. that is disparate treatment. that is not permitted within the federal sector

    Have you talked with any of the client's Mrs. Sherrod has served in her capacity as Director of Rural Development for the Georgia state Dept. of Argiculture? No.
    did not need to. the USDA employee's words were enough to incriminate her; for engaging in disparate treatment, for pushing religion in her official capacity and for differentiating between rich and poor as a basis for being willing to offer assistance as a federal employee

    Have you personally witnessed this woman conduct herself in a racist or unfair manner in her capacity as Dir., Rural Development? No.
    you are consistent. and wrong
    via the video of her speech i have witnessed that woman confessed to engaging in disparate treatment based on race and economic condition. i have also witnessed her proselytizing in her official capacity. each is a violation of the federal standards of conduct

    So, how can you make such statements as:
    bubba:
    "... she still treats people differently based on race, and now she indicates she is entitled to treat people differently based on their perceived wealth (or lack of it)...

    ...she treats people in a disparate manner based on their ethnicity and economic condition...

    ...her belief that 'his kind' being a white attorney, would be appropriate shows that she makes decisions based on ethnicity...
    each instance is found within the video of her speech


    Granted, at that time 24 years ago Mrs. Sherrod did elude to the fact that she viewed at least one client based on his race and/or economic standing. She openly admitted that she was conflicted between helping a White farmer while seeing disadvantaged Black farmers lose their farmland. This did troubled her and honestly I can't say I would have blamed her had I been acquainted w/her so long ago, but nowhere in the unedited video does she state that's how she treats people now!!
    you remain consistent - and wrong
    her video shows her willingness to treat people differently based on race, otherwise the ethnicity of the farmer's attorney would not have merited mention
    her video shows her proselytizing for God
    her video shows her expressing a willingness to aid poor people after her revelation about the poor white farmer. that one is rich or poor cannot have a bearing regards a federal employee's fiduciary obligation to assist the public. yet her distinguishing between rich and poor as a basis for offering help will be found in her speech video

    Therefore, you, sir, continue to mischaracterize this woman based on your own bigotry. You see only what you want to see and not what's truly before you.
    watch the video
    everything i have posited will be found therein
    my conclusion is based on fact and a knowledge and understanding of the standards of conduct for federal employees

    There's no evidence in the full version of the video to support the claim that this woman is racist ...
    if you refuse to recognize that she specifically sought out a WHITE lawyer for the WHITE farmer, then i see your point. however, that she did make such a determination based on ethnicity renders your conclusion, that she exhibited no racial bias, in error

    ... or that she performed her duties as Dir, Rural Dev in a racist or unfair fashion.
    why did she seek out a WHITE attorney if she was color blind. color blind people do not make selections based on the ethnicity of the lawyer who is hired
    she indicated she would now seek to aid the poor. that is noble, but less than even handed. the rich are also entitled to the help of the USDA. that makes her statement an indication of her unfair evaluation of who should be helped by her federal agency. just as the color of the attorney should not be a factor in her actions, neither should the economic status of her client

    So, unless you were a client of hers, reviewed her performance records or witnessed her conduct herself in a racist and unfair fashion, your unfounded claims of her racist behavior is nothing more than racist, bigoted and slanderous!!
    congratulations. you have been found wrong in every statement you have written in this singular post
    i did not need to be her client to recognize that she does not follow the standards of conduct required of federal employees
    that i have found the incriminating evidence of her disparate treatment within her speech as a federal official is sufficient to prove she violated the standards of conduct she is obligated to follow. there is nothing racist, bigoted or slanderous in offering up the truth
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  9. #239
    Sage

    Ahlevah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flyoverland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,926

    Re: USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer resigns

    For the record, mea culpa. But I have the luxury of being an ignorant conservative still clinging to his God and guns and not BObama or his Secretary of Agriculture. Liberals are supposed to be smart, collected people who don't watch Fox News or fly off the handle.
    Нава́льный 2018

  10. #240
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    That's not what I am doing, but please continue to keep thinking that if you wish
    No...you are complaining about the one, then doing the same thing. Certainly not making it right..because it doesnt work...but definitely...no...wait...what?

    Yeah...you kinda are. If you are using those kind of arguments in defense of your position you absoLUTEly are...

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •