Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 261

Thread: USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer resigns

  1. #211
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,762

    Re: USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Monroe View Post
    Hopefully a lot of good will come from this whole situation. Fox needs to do the right thing and apologize profusely, as does President Obama. We all know this stuff happens, but this lady was brave enough to tell it in a speech. Although Fox was guilty of misrepresenting the story, Obama really needs to do the right thing and apologize publically, rehire her, and maybe even promote her. This is what most of us would like to see. We need a happy ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    We got a happy ending, she got fired.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Who gives a **** what she said later? The clip was the most vile bit of racism this side of a KKK meeting. Flip it around, is she were a white woman talking about a black farmer, and that clip went out... you wouldn't be here defending her no matter HOW much she, the family or anyone came forward to give "the rest of her story".

    Faux Outrage Dan, but I don't expect anything less from someone so keen to be seen as a "good docile conservative, ever ready to be liked."
    I'm trying real hard not to call people out for their racist attitudes because it's to be expected from some, but this!?!

    OMG!!! Happy ending my ass!!! There's nothing joyful and triumphant about this!!! Not a damned thing!!!

    To answer your question Mr. V, had this been a White man who was speaking to an all White audience giving his redemption story on fostering better race relations and his speech was wrongfully edited in order to further spread racial hatred and he got fired as a result of this wrong doing, I'd be backing him, too.

    Right is right, and wrong is wrong. Those of us who prejudged Mrs. Sheddon all got it wrong. But for some people like yourself, it really doesn't matter. You'll still find some angle to justify your racial bigotry. What's even sadder is this is exactly the kind of racial intolerance Mrs. Sheddon advocated against.

    Sidenote: I contacted Mrs. Sheddon's office at the GA Dept of Ag, Rural Development, spoke to her secretary and issued my apologies. For those who may wish to do the same, you can go to USDA.gov and search for Mrs. Sheddon under the directory. My hope is that this wrong is corrected expeditiously.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 07-21-10 at 02:20 PM.

  2. #212
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    06-04-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    123

    Re: USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer resigns

    The audience chose when to laugh, when to applaud. They were not taken out of context. They didn't know what she would end up saying, but they knew what parts they enjoyed hearing. THAT is what the story is about for me.

  3. #213
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,762

    Re: USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer resigns

    Then you, too, took away the wrong message because that's not what Mrs. Sheddon was advocating at all. But as I said to Mr. V, some people will find some angle to justify their racial bigotry no matter what's presented to the contrary.

  4. #214
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    06-04-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    123

    Re: USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Then you, too, took away the wrong message because that's not what Mrs. Sheddon was advocating at all. But as I said to Mr. V, some people will find some angle to justify their racial bigotry no matter what's presented to the contrary.
    That is spin. Did they or did they not chose when to laugh or applaud when they did all on their own? What mentality did that reveal about the audience? It isn't about her, it's about the audience.

  5. #215
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,320

    Re: USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Then you, too, took away the wrong message because that's not what Mrs. Sheddon was advocating at all. But as I said to Mr. V, some people will find some angle to justify their racial bigotry no matter what's presented to the contrary.

    Who has racial bigotry?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #216
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,762

    Re: USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthy View Post
    That is spin. Did they or did they not chose when to laugh or applaud when they did all on their own? What mentality did that reveal about the audience? It isn't about her, it's about the audience.
    If it's about the audience why didn't anyone from the audience get the finger pointed at them? Was any member of the audience fired for applauding?

    Look, the majority of that audience were older African-Americans who undoubtedly grew up during the Civil Rights era. Naturally, they'll applaud any segment of a speech given where they view justice was served no matter how slight when said justice deals with righting a wrong committed to Blacks. That's just a natural reaction. So, even if they applauded her admission of not giving her full support to the White farmer, they also applauded her actions for getting the man the help he so desparately needed. The audience also applauded her dedication to service, as well as her championing a cause for racial unity.

    Hasn't cherry picking what we want to uplift or condemn caused enough problem over the last 48 hours?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Who has racial bigotry?
    You know what I mean, but if it makes you feel better...

    Racial bias or just plain bigotry...take your pick...they're both wrong. And to answer your question, anyone who finds any angle from this dreadful act to foster racial hatred and doesn't see that Mrs. Sherrod has been wrong fits the above description, IMO.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 07-21-10 at 02:55 PM.

  7. #217
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    What she said was basically this: "Years ago, I held racist views. I then learned from my mistake."

    The edit was released as "I held racist views."

    When I first read about this, I reacted the same way you did -- that woman needs to be fired.

    Then I LEARNED. Then I found out some facts. And it was clear that the way it was presented was incomplete and wrong, and that she was speaking out AGAINST racism.

    It's very clear. Your inability to admit that only shows your bias.
    What part of the facts are elluding you? She ADMITTED she used race to judge how much help she would give a person. All the spinning in the world won't change that fact.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  8. #218
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    06-04-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    123

    Re: USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer resigns

    re post 216

    You've heard what excuses are like? Sorry, I don't buy that horsecrap, the excuses or the spin.
    Namecalling and casting aspersions on those who don't isn't a very "moderate" thing to do.
    Last edited by stealthy; 07-21-10 at 03:12 PM. Reason: .

  9. #219
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,320

    Re: USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    If it's about the audience why didn't anyone from the audience get the finger pointed at them? Was any member of the audience fired for applauding?

    Look, the majority of that audience were older African-Americans who undoubtedly grew up during the Civil Rights era. Naturally, they'll applaud any segment of a speech given where they view justice was served no matter how slight when said justice deals with righting a wrong committed to Blacks. That's just a natural reaction. So, even if they applauded her admission of not giving her full support to the White farmer, they also applauded her actions for getting the man the help he so desparately needed. The audience also applauded her dedication to service, as well as her championing a cause for racial unity.

    Hasn't cherry picking what we want to uplift or condemn caused enough problem over the last 48 hours?



    You know what I mean, but if it makes you feel better...

    Racial bias or just plain bigotry...take your pick...they're both wrong. And to answer your question, anyone who finds any angle from this dreadful act to foster racial hatred and doesn't see that Mrs. Sherrod has been wrong fits the above description, IMO.



    Oh, so in other words (I assume you me "wronged") she was wronged by the obama administration and anyone else besides the obama administration who disagrees with you is racist....






    edit: unless of course I have completley misunderstood you.
    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 07-21-10 at 03:19 PM.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #220
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Then you, too, took away the wrong message because that's not what Mrs. Sheddon was advocating at all. But as I said to Mr. V, some people will find some angle to justify their racial bigotry no matter what's presented to the contrary.
    See...now I DISAGREE with you on this...and I have said so...the audience behavior was reprehensible as Ben Jealous pointed out.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •