Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 183

Thread: Palin sparks Twitter fight on mosque

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Palin sparks Twitter fight on mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Let's put these comments in a different light:

    "And there are social values that need to be enforced. Grow a pair, grow up, and get over it. Black people buying a house in that location is inflammatory and a provocation to our sense of community pride."

    No real difference between the two sentiments. In fact, I once heard my parents say something very similar to that last statement.

    p.s. Wow, IT. Great minds think alike.
    Yeah, there's a HUGE difference between the two sentiments. One, black people never declared war on this country and toppled two towers with our own planes. Now before you start caterwauling and screeching that it wasn't these particular muslims, let me nip it in the bud and tell you that I already know that. However, I don't rightly give a damn either. And before you start howling about how unfair I am toward muslims, let me put that to bed too by telling you if it had been Christians, Hindus, or Pastafarian terrorists attacking us in the name of Jesus, Vishnu, or The Flying Spaghetti Monster, I would feel the same way about the erection of one of their temples at the site of the attack, too. I don't give a flying **** about your PC garbage that lets your spine melt under the heat of an insult and injury to our nation. I have no interest in appeasing the muslim world by allowing their cultural insensitivity to rub salt in a wound by building their mosque practically on the rubble left by their brethren's attack. Frankly, if they were interested in building bridges and mending the fences their zealous sects tore down, they would be offering to help build our monument to our fallen rather than further scarring the site with one of their temples to serve as a constant reminder of the massacre.

    And how you can even begin to compare this to blanket segregation is beyond my comprehension of how desperate you could be to score points in a debate. I know for a fact you aren't even half as stupid as you are putting on here and, honestly, I don't know why you are advancing such a vapid facade over this.

  2. #162
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Palin sparks Twitter fight on mosque

    Jallman said -- And before you start howling about how unfair I am toward muslims, let me put that to bed too by telling you if it had been Christians, Hindus, or Pastafarian terrorists attacking us in the name of Jesus, Vishnu, or The Flying Spaghetti Monster, I would feel the same way about the erection of one of their temples at the site of the attack, too.
    The Christian part in your post? Quick!!! Your pants are on fire!!!
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  3. #163
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Palin sparks Twitter fight on mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    The Christian part in your post? Quick!!! Your pants are on fire!!!
    The intelligence missing in this post? Quick!!! There's wind blowing between your ears!!!!
    Last edited by jallman; 07-21-10 at 02:09 PM.

  4. #164
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,875

    Re: Palin sparks Twitter fight on mosque

    Maybe they could erect two towering minarets.

  5. #165
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,751

    Re: Palin sparks Twitter fight on mosque

    Twitter will literally cause the end of humanity when it stirs rumors that the UK is totally not BFFs with the US anymore, kicking off WW3.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #166
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,875

    Re: Palin sparks Twitter fight on mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Twitter will literally cause the end of humanity when it stirs rumors that the UK is totally not BFFs with the US anymore, kicking off WW3.
    Twitter is for Twits. Palin fits the persona of a master Tweetsperson to a tee. Tweets are the Matt Drudge of the smart phone world. Hear something and tweet it, verification be damned.

  7. #167
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,447

    Re: Palin sparks Twitter fight on mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Yeah, there's a HUGE difference between the two sentiments. One, black people never declared war on this country and toppled two towers with our own planes. Now before you start caterwauling and screeching that it wasn't these particular muslims, let me nip it in the bud and tell you that I already know that. However, I don't rightly give a damn either. And before you start howling about how unfair I am toward muslims, let me put that to bed too by telling you if it had been Christians, Hindus, or Pastafarian terrorists attacking us in the name of Jesus, Vishnu, or The Flying Spaghetti Monster, I would feel the same way about the erection of one of their temples at the site of the attack, too. I don't give a flying **** about your PC garbage that lets your spine melt under the heat of an insult and injury to our nation. I have no interest in appeasing the muslim world by allowing their cultural insensitivity to rub salt in a wound by building their mosque practically on the rubble left by their brethren's attack. Frankly, if they were interested in building bridges and mending the fences their zealous sects tore down, they would be offering to help build our monument to our fallen rather than further scarring the site with one of their temples to serve as a constant reminder of the massacre.

    And how you can even begin to compare this to blanket segregation is beyond my comprehension of how desperate you could be to score points in a debate. I know for a fact you aren't even half as stupid as you are putting on here and, honestly, I don't know why you are advancing such a vapid facade over this.


    hear! hear!
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #168
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Palin sparks Twitter fight on mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Yeah, there's a HUGE difference between the two sentiments. One, black people never declared war on this country and toppled two towers with our own planes. Now before you start caterwauling and screeching that it wasn't these particular muslims, let me nip it in the bud and tell you that I already know that. However, I don't rightly give a damn either.
    You are correct, you don't rightly give a damn since the move is to infringe upon the rights of others you do so unjustly. Good that you can admit it.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    And before you start howling about how unfair I am toward muslims, let me put that to bed too by telling you if it had been Christians, Hindus, or Pastafarian terrorists attacking us in the name of Jesus, Vishnu, or The Flying Spaghetti Monster, I would feel the same way about the erection of one of their temples at the site of the attack, too. I don't give a flying **** about your PC garbage that lets your spine melt under the heat of an insult and injury to our nation. I have no interest in appeasing the muslim world by allowing their cultural insensitivity to rub salt in a wound by building their mosque practically on the rubble left by their brethren's attack. Frankly, if they were interested in building bridges and mending the fences their zealous sects tore down, they would be offering to help build our monument to our fallen rather than further scarring the site with one of their temples to serve as a constant reminder of the massacre.
    The goal isn't to "appease the muslim world", it's to uphold our laws and keep our resolve towards our freedom and liberty.

    A
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    nd how you can even begin to compare this to blanket segregation is beyond my comprehension of how desperate you could be to score points in a debate. I know for a fact you aren't even half as stupid as you are putting on here and, honestly, I don't know why you are advancing such a vapid facade over this.
    The principle is the same, however. Because society has "values" right, and has some rightful say apparently in the free exercise of rights, correct? You just don't want the same argument you're using used in a way that you can't defend. There was plenty of strife during the civil rights movements, things like the Black Panthers which used intimidation and violence. Now you can say that was mostly brought on by us for the way we had treated African-Americans and the laws we had; fair enough for that is one of the major sources. But it wasn't all sunshine and lollipops during the time, there was a lot of violence as well. They didn't bring down a building, but only one set of terrorists has ever done that on American State soil (the 50 proper). The point is though that you're seemingly going to take the fact that some terrorists crashed into one of our buildings nearly 10 years ago and use that as proper excuse to claim some form of justification for infringing upon the rights of others. If you want to talk stupid, you don't have to look any further than your own argument.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Palin sparks Twitter fight on mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    You are correct, you don't rightly give a damn since the move is to infringe upon the rights of others you do so unjustly. Good that you can admit it.
    I said no such thing. Thats simply more of your deranged ranting coming out instead of speaking to what I actually stated. You wanna call me a fascist again and be done with it?

    There is no right to build whatever you want wherever you want even when you own the land.

    The goal isn't to "appease the muslim world", it's to uphold our laws and keep our resolve towards our freedom and liberty.
    And setting aside this intention to build a mosque on the site of a Muslim perpetrated massacre for a few years isn't going to diminish that resolve one bit, your fascism hysteria notwithstanding.

    A

    The principle is the same, however.
    No. No it is not.

    Because society has "values" right, and has some rightful say apparently in the free exercise of rights, correct?
    Yeah, its called being a cohesive society.

    You just don't want the same argument you're using used in a way that you can't defend.
    It's not the same argument at all in her case.

    There was plenty of strife during the civil rights movements, things like the Black Panthers which used intimidation and violence. Now you can say that was mostly brought on by us for the way we had treated African-Americans and the laws we had; fair enough for that is one of the major sources. But it wasn't all sunshine and lollipops during the time, there was a lot of violence as well. They didn't bring down a building, but only one set of terrorists has ever done that on American State soil (the 50 proper). The point is though that you're seemingly going to take the fact that some terrorists crashed into one of our buildings nearly 10 years ago and use that as proper excuse to claim some form of justification for infringing upon the rights of others. If you want to talk stupid, you don't have to look any further than your own argument.
    There's so much wrong with this vapid spewing of PC bull****, I don't even know where to begin. I don't know what point you thought you were making by recounting in a most shallow way the strife of the civil rights movement. Anyone with any education in US history knows about that so, I guess, thank you for stating the obvious.

    Secondly, whether the building was brought down or not is beside the point. People were killed and there have been other terrorist attacks where people were killed on US soil. We have our own fair share of homegrown terrorists.

    Third, no right is being infringed upon by not permitting a building to be built that would inflame the hearts and minds of the American people by taunting them, on their own ****ing soil, with the insolence and insensitivity the muslim world has toward a tragedy perpetuated by their own sects. There is no right to build whatever you want, wherever you want, whenever you want. The state does regulate those things and here is a perfect example of why.

    As for stupidity...well, you have been reading your own posts, right?

  10. #170
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Palin sparks Twitter fight on mosque

    Since the property is legally purchased and within all zoning and city laws, then you are most certainly infringing upon freedom of religion and property rights. The fact that you don't see this speaks volumes. You claim society with it's values can infringe upon the rights of others. Yet when someone gave you an example of this you said "Nu uh...that's not what I meant". Trying to dodge the fact that it was exactly your argument used in a different setting. So what we have here is an endorsement to infringe upon the rights of someone because you don't like the color of their jib. Plenty of people are insensitive jerks. Hell, I think that's the requirement to live in New York City. There's no right to not be offended, there is right to religion and property.

    And apparently you needed the refresh, because you talk about how Muslims apparently declared war on this country and toppled two towers. Remember that? So you try to dismiss 9/11 in that latest post of yours, but evoked it earlier and seem now to want to distance yourself from that. Interesting. So you have a claim that Muslims had declared war somehow, while blacks did not. Yet there was death and violence perpetuated partly by the African-American community against others in many instances to incited fear which happened before, during, and after the Civil Rights movement (of course, white folk had done the same for far longer). But they didn't declare war? Why cause a few black people didn't fly a plane into a building? That's what it takes? Some Muslims flew a plane into our building and accidentally knocked it down, so Muslims declared war on us? And that's why you're able to infringe upon their rights in this case but you would not agree you could do the same with black people?

    Your argument is incoherent and does not stand up to rational questions or argument. It's set very flimsily on a certain set of conditions which cannot be used universally, and thus is why the argument is incoherent and illogical. Just because a community may not like certain folk does not mean that you can legitimately or justly infringe upon their rights when they have not infringed upon the rights of others. And that's the bottom line. Take it or leave it, but it's a fundamental of America. You don't hate America.....do you?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •