Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 95

Thread: Changing Stance, Administration Now Defends Insurance Mandate as a Tax

  1. #31
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,797

    Re: Changing Stance, Administration Now Defends Insurance Mandate as a Tax

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS
    I think you're the first person who has mentioned race in this thread?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Changing Stance, Administration Now Defends Insurance Mandate as a Tax

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I did not make any claims about the contents of the article in the OP. Nor did I even mention Obama's name anywhere in the thread. I mentioned that, yes, there was a tax penalty, because that fact seemed somehow new information to you. Then you derailed the entire discussion trying to explain to me how the "$695 tax penalty for not having insurance" was somehow separate from the mandate. That has been the limit of my participation in this thread. Had you asked me my opinion on Obama's statement, I would have agreed with you that he is incorrect.

    So far, you've proven Obama to be wrong. You're right. Obama's calling this "not a tax" is a really bizarre definition of the word tax. One I do not share.

    I was not wrong, because I was aware from the start that there was always a tax penalty in the bill. I was aware of it since before HR3200 even popped up on OpenCongress. I was also aware of the reasoning behind the tax and find it to be acceptable.

    Any other claims of mine that you'd like to fabricate?
    Or maybe you'd like to just admit that you didn't understand that what I mentioned is the mandate you were referring to, and that this derail started by your freaking out about it?
    Okay class, sit and watch:

    No one, but you, is talking about the "Tax Penalty".

    This is a NEW YORK TIMES Article, which is hammering Obama for "Changing his Stance". I.E. that the Mandated "You must buy Insurance" is not a tax, to now "Oh well it is a tax".

    You have been so off base, so talking about things that don't matter this whole time, it's almost... ALMOST been funny reading you.

    You never mentioned the "Mandate" you talked about the PENALTY. Welcome to pwnsville, population, Deuce.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Changing Stance, Administration Now Defends Insurance Mandate as a Tax

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I think you're the first person who has mentioned race in this thread?
    That's the point... It's not being called racist anymore. I know that it's ridiculous to think that race even enters into the equation. It's got nothing to do with anything, but weak minded people that care more about Lindsay Lohan see, "racists don't want YOU to get free healthcare"... they are like 'yay free lunch.. damn racists'

    Anyone that remembers those newscasts will know what I'm talking about.

  4. #34
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,797

    Re: Changing Stance, Administration Now Defends Insurance Mandate as a Tax

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    That's the point... It's not being called racist anymore. I know that it's ridiculous to think that race even enters into the equation. It's got nothing to do with anything, but weak minded people that care more about Lindsay Lohan see, "racists don't want YOU to get free healthcare"... they are like 'yay free lunch.. damn racists'

    Anyone that remembers those newscasts will know what I'm talking about.
    I honestly don't remember the term racist being thrown around much with this particular bill. Mostly socialist, government takeover, radical left, and all sorts of other useless hyperbole.
    But hey, just because I didn't hear it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Most of my news comes from written, honest news sources rather than TV "commentators" and bloggers. Have any links?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Changing Stance, Administration Now Defends Insurance Mandate as a Tax

    The government was already shouldering the cost of unpaid hospital bills before, the only difference was that there was not a specific financial pool to draw money from. Now there will be. I think the tax is justified, even though I hate the government's ability to take my money without explanation.

    In an emergency, a patient's cost would easily exceed $700. I would rather pay the tax than the hospital bills if I am not well off.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Changing Stance, Administration Now Defends Insurance Mandate as a Tax

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    The government was already shouldering the cost of unpaid hospital bills before, the only difference was that there was not a specific financial pool to draw money from. Now there will be. I think the tax is justified, even though I hate the government's ability to take my money without explanation.

    In an emergency, a patient's cost would easily exceed $700. I would rather pay the tax than the hospital bills if I am not well off.
    YouTube - Jimmy Carter Claims Those who Criticize Obama are Racist

    This sentiment was repeated by alot of the talking heads, in some form, with stronger or weaker terms.

    Anyway, I don't really get most of my info from these guys either, but I do pay attention to it all.

  7. #37
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Changing Stance, Administration Now Defends Insurance Mandate as a Tax

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    This does not refute anything I said.
    Are you and MrV under the impression that people are actually forced to purchase health insurance? Like what, at gunpoint or something?
    You are (and what a shocker it is) ignoring the fact that your health plan makes it easier to companies to opt out.

    Well done
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  8. #38
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,797

    Re: Changing Stance, Administration Now Defends Insurance Mandate as a Tax

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    YouTube - Jimmy Carter Claims Those who Criticize Obama are Racist

    This sentiment was repeated by alot of the talking heads, in some form, with stronger or weaker terms.

    Anyway, I don't really get most of my info from these guys either, but I do pay attention to it all.
    Health care reform did not come up at all in that clip. Yes, Tea Partiers have been called racist, but I've not heard that term applied to opponents of "Obamacare," specifically.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Changing Stance, Administration Now Defends Insurance Mandate as a Tax

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Health care reform did not come up at all in that clip. Yes, Tea Partiers have been called racist, but I've not heard that term applied to opponents of "Obamacare," specifically.
    Well, to save myself the intense searching, perhaps it was more in the sense that since tea partiers essentially oppose most anything Obama does, what with him being a democratic fascist and all, and so they would generally be opposed to this health care reform (which I see it as a 'reform' in the sense that you can 'reform' your hand by shooting a bullet through it.)

    So, by proxy, opposition to healthcare is racism (according to those talking heads)

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Changing Stance, Administration Now Defends Insurance Mandate as a Tax



    Why is it that even though what I said had zero to do with race, I got a reply about race?

    Did the English language suddenly just change?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •