Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 76

Thread: Obama tax plan: $80 billion in cuts, five-minute filings

  1. #41
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Obama tax plan: $80 billion in cuts, five-minute filings

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, how do you feel about all the new taxes we're going to ass ****ed with next year?

    What do you do for a living?
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, I said old and new taxes.
    Ok then.

    The lenghts Libbos will go to to cover Obama's ass is incredible. Who are you trying to convince? Me, or yourself?
    There's another thread around here that discusses this very thing. Reid is having trouble getting 60 votes for a cap.



    But still higher than they are now? Yes?
    See previous post discussing this.

    You don't have a job, do you?
    My employment is not relevant to this discussion. Information about my employment can be found in various posts I've made around this forum, so the implication that I'm hiding it is just a poor attempt at ad hominem. Are you going to discuss the substance of my posting or would you like to continue discussing my personal life?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    So, Deuce has a sock puppet account now? I love that a guy claiming Obama is a Centrist is also claiming that the Tea Party is a place for those with a sub-par intelligence. Only one highly ignorant of facts, or a troll would make such statements. I don't believe "The Dane" is highly ignorant, nor do I believe he is a new "person" on this board.
    While I don't consider Obama to be a centrist, I certainly don't consider him to be far-left. He's a moderate liberal at best, by my view. After all, most of the time I criticize him it's because he's doing something to the right of what I'd like.

    The Dane is not me.

    Obama = Higher Taxes for all but the poorest, for which there are handouts to keep them poor.
    And conservatives = lower taxes, primarily for the wealthy. Also don't worry about that deficit thing, it doesn't matter.

    I'd love to continue this but the tornado siren just went off. o.O See yas!
    Last edited by Deuce; 07-17-10 at 09:30 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #42
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Obama tax plan: $80 billion in cuts, five-minute filings

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You mentioned new taxes, so I took a stab at it.




    Last I heard, the "cap" part might not even make the bill. Tough to get 60 votes and the GOP isn't going to let anything go for a straight up or down vote.





    A trillion dollars over ten years does not make our taxes "higher than ever." Not even close.



    I fail to see how the post you quoted is evidence of somebody saying that there are not going to be any taxes that go up.

    What good is it? Sometimes taxes get targeted to either promote or discourage particular behaviors or practices.

    Are overall taxes going to go up from what they are now? Yes, they are. Sorry, but for thirty years now we've been cutting taxes while simultaneously increasing spending. This economic policy was hailed as ingenious when Reagan was doing it, but that growth we saw was funded by borrowing. Well, it's time to pay back the debt incurred. We have to cut spending and we have to raise taxes, because we can't afford to continue the Bush Administration's income tax cuts that added $1.8 trillion to our debt. We gave ourselves one last push by using the stimulus package to cut taxes and inject some cash into the economy in an attempt to get it going again, but we're beyond tapped out now.

    This might mean giving up our status as the world's economic superpower for a bit. It might mean our quality of life dips a bit. We made our bed, it's time to sleep in it.
    Okay, maybe I wasn't specific enough. The taxes being increased are on the consumer base, the consumer base drives the economy. When the historically proven failure of tax increases does it's predicted thing then the next step introduced is going to be to raise taxes. I say this because the tax burdens are not diminished where they count, only shifted and back loaded, actually front loaded as well. But again, Obama promised no tax increases, at least one poster here said there were no tax increases, but there sure as **** seem to be a lot of tax increases afterall.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #43
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Obama tax plan: $80 billion in cuts, five-minute filings

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dane View Post
    Why should I remove a centrist title when I support a centrist president.

    I would choose your words wisely when you dance with me or I'll wipe the floor with you.
    yeah Obama is a centrist if your idea of conservative is Barbara Boxer and your idea of Leftwing is Mikhail Bakunin



  4. #44
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Obama tax plan: $80 billion in cuts, five-minute filings

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    . But again, Obama promised no tax increases, at least one poster here said there were no tax increases, but there sure as **** seem to be a lot of tax increases afterall.
    Well, I've still yet to have that one poster shown to me. Feel free to quote that person so that I can refer to them as being woefully unaware of current events. Until then, I'm going to assume it's a standard extrapolation to absolute extremes of what someone actually said.

    Cutting taxes isn't going to get rid of this debt.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #45
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Obama tax plan: $80 billion in cuts, five-minute filings

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Well, I've still yet to have that one poster shown to me. Feel free to quote that person so that I can refer to them as being woefully unaware of current events. Until then, I'm going to assume it's a standard extrapolation to absolute extremes of what someone actually said.

    Cutting taxes isn't going to get rid of this debt.
    Cutting taxes spurs economic activity and growth. Taxes hinder. Amazing how that works eh?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #46
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Obama tax plan: $80 billion in cuts, five-minute filings

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Ok then.


    There's another thread around here that discusses this very thing. Reid is having trouble getting 60 votes for a cap.




    See previous post discussing this.


    My employment is not relevant to this discussion. Information about my employment can be found in various posts I've made around this forum, so the implication that I'm hiding it is just a poor attempt at ad hominem. Are you going to discuss the substance of my posting or would you like to continue discussing my personal life?


    While I don't consider Obama to be a centrist, I certainly don't consider him to be far-left. He's a moderate liberal at best, by my view. After all, most of the time I criticize him it's because he's doing something to the right of what I'd like.

    The Dane is not me.



    And conservatives = lower taxes, primarily for the wealthy. Also don't worry about that deficit thing, it doesn't matter.

    I'd love to continue this but the tornado siren just went off. o.O See yas!
    its hard to lower taxes for anyone but the wealthy since the wealthy pay the vast majority of the income taxes. the top 10% pay over 70% of the income taxes. What the GOP does is lower taxes on the majority of the tax base. what obama claims to do is lower taxes on a great many people who pay a very small amount of the tax burden.

    lowering taxes on 5% of the tax base really isn't much of an accomplishment even if it sounds great when you claim its lowering taxes on 60% of the population.



  7. #47
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Obama tax plan: $80 billion in cuts, five-minute filings

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Well, I've still yet to have that one poster shown to me. Feel free to quote that person so that I can refer to them as being woefully unaware of current events. Until then, I'm going to assume it's a standard extrapolation to absolute extremes of what someone actually said.

    Cutting taxes isn't going to get rid of this debt.
    jacking up taxes isnt going to stop the insane growth of government spending



  8. #48
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Obama tax plan: $80 billion in cuts, five-minute filings

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    jacking up taxes isnt going to stop the insane growth of government spending
    Hence my suggestion for also cutting spending. You should try responding to the discussion as a whole instead of just individual sentences.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #49
    Student The Dane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-10 @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    253

    Re: Obama tax plan: $80 billion in cuts, five-minute filings


  10. #50
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Obama tax plan: $80 billion in cuts, five-minute filings

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Hence my suggestion for also cutting spending. You should try responding to the discussion as a whole instead of just individual sentences.
    you should stop assuming that you are the only one I am posting to or that others have such a sharp mind as you do oh wise one.



Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •