Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 211

Thread: Catholics angry as church puts female ordination on par with sex abuse

  1. #41
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Catholics angry as church puts female ordination on par with sex abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Thats the equivalent of saying we are alike because we are both human.

    Come on Redress. That doesn't come close to passing the smell test.
    They're both sets of religious laws that can be followed as long as they remain within the bounds of the laws of the nation. Don't let your kneejerk distaste for all things Muslim blind you to simple comparisons.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #42
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Catholics angry as church puts female ordination on par with sex abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    Catholics angry as church puts female ordination on par with sex abuse | World news | The Guardian

    The Catholics are in the news again as the make it a sin woman who is ordinate. The woman who have been ordinate will be excommunicated, and not allowed back because the Vatican has made it a grave crime on Par with child abuse.
    lol

    The guardian UK is anti-Israel, anti-semitism, anti-vatican, anti-catholic...

    It is the bait for articles which are profoundly anti-Catholic and at the same time selling atheism, but please continue

  3. #43
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Catholics angry as church puts female ordination on par with sex abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    lol

    The guardian UK is anti-Israel, anti-semitism, anti-vatican, anti-catholic...

    It is the bait for articles which are profoundly anti-Catholic and at the same time selling atheism, but please continue
    I don't particularly like what the article is saying but even I recognize this as an ad hominem fallacy. If you aren't going to bother to address the merits of an argument, why respond at all?

  4. #44
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,351
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Catholics angry as church puts female ordination on par with sex abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Thats the equivalent of saying we are alike because we are both human.

    Come on Redress. That doesn't come close to passing the smell test.
    Both care denominational laws based on religion. It's a clear similarity. Are there differences? Of course, I never suggested otherwise, but there are also similarities.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #45
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,351
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Catholics angry as church puts female ordination on par with sex abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    lol

    The guardian UK is anti-Israel, anti-semitism, anti-vatican, anti-catholic...

    It is the bait for articles which are profoundly anti-Catholic and at the same time selling atheism, but please continue
    Anti-Semitism? Really? You can document that?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #46
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Catholics angry as church puts female ordination on par with sex abuse

    I have never understood the fierce insistence with which people cling to churches whose beliefs they disagree with. If you think Catholic doctrine is morally disagreeable, why in the Hell are you still Catholic?

  7. #47
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Catholics angry as church puts female ordination on par with sex abuse

    And that's why I'm not a Catholic. . . or a religious person for that matter.
    Religion does NOT favor women - at all - ever.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Catholics angry as church puts female ordination on par with sex abuse

    I have to confess I don't see your point. First of all, what we are talking about is a private church, rather than a typical employer. Title VII of the Civil Rights act specifically exempts religious organizations. You are right that if we were talking about a private company it would be different, but we aren't talking about a private company.

    Guy,


    These woman according to the Vatican are sinners in the highest regard, and to contain that they will be let back so easily is laughable. Heck my whole family on my Mothers side is Catholic, so I have inside knowledge on the workings of the Catholic Church. These things do take years to resolve, and they have to be approved by the church then, and only then are they allowed back in.

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To my latter point about Mary being the reason woman are demonized in Christianity is because she was the mother of Jesus Child. I'm not saying everything in the Dinvi CI Code is true I just think some of the things like Jesus having a Child with Mary is true.

    Gnostic writings say this to be true, and these are the earliest know writings to date about the life of Jesus which are dated to the 2nd century.


    This is why I don't believe they will back in, so easily

  9. #49
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Catholics angry as church puts female ordination on par with sex abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    And that's why I'm not a Catholic. . . or a religious person for that matter.
    Religion does NOT favor women - at all - ever.
    From what I've seen, plenty of Christian sects are actually fairly decent. Most forms of modern paganism are downright slanted in favor of the womenfolk.

  10. #50
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Catholics angry as church puts female ordination on par with sex abuse

    I can't say I particularly care what the Catholic Church decides on this issue. I see this as a topic to be debated for Catholics only as it only affects them.


Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •