Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 211

Thread: Catholics angry as church puts female ordination on par with sex abuse

  1. #101
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Catholics angry as church puts female ordination on par with sex abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Incorrect, you have equivocated a number of times, and you seem to have trouble keeping your own position straight. I am happy to correct you on any of your numerous misunderstandings about the Church, but I will not tell you how to feel about the teachings of the Church, that is your business. But you should examine your own logic and see where it is faulty, and where you have repeatedly equivocated as to what you mean by "equal" and what you mean by "in the eyes of God," the meaning of which seems to depend on what you feel like attacking at the moment.
    No, I meant the same thing in every post where I used those terms.

    The issue is nto my use of th ewords, it's your decision to create a different meaning to what I said. Your choice to create a different meaning doesn't mean that I equivocated, it means you created a strawman.

    Now, instead of pretending that your feelings on the issue have merit, you could actually present an argument in rebuttal where you source something other than yourself. BEcause, quite frankly, you are not a very good source.



    This is incorrect, as I said earlier the prohibition of female ordination is rooted in liturgical tradition and is a doctrinal matter, and is therefore subject to change.
    I don't care what you said because what you say has no merit. What Pope John Paul said has merit. When you are Pope, you can say things with Authoerity. Until then, stop pretending to have authority you do not. Pope John Paul said that the Church does not have the AUTHOURITY to ordain women as priests. That ios entirely different than your opinion that it is rooted in "liturgical tradition and is a doctrinal matter". If it was subject to change, teh church would have the authority to ordain women as priests.


    Thus, it does not warrant the assumption that "God does not want women to be priests."
    It absolutely does warrant that assumption. when the pope talks in his "infallibility mode" it is the word of God.

    What it doesn't warrant is the assumption that women will never become priests. The wording Pope John Paul II used was specifically worded to allow for a future papal decree where the church is granted the authority.

    But it most definitely implies that, at this time, God does not want women to be priests.

    Now, instead of citing yourself as a source n rebuttal, try someone with greater authority.


    Though it entails that women are not equal from a sacramental standpoint, this is a very different matter. I see that you have pivoted your point once again, apparently to avoid admitting to your earlier mistake, which is fine. I take this as tacit acknowledgment that you were wrong.
    How is "not equal from a sacremental standpoint" in any way shape or form a pivot from "not fully and completley equal"?

    Stop making **** up. It's dishonest.

    Perhaps your vitriol is warranted, like I said, that is your business
    Are you trying to paint my argumetn as based on "vitriol" simply becasue you are incapable of presenting a decent rebuttal, or because you simply enjoy dishonest tactics in debate?

    but you are nevertheless mistaken. The Catholic teaching is that God regards both men and women equally.
    Prove that claim instead of simply restating it. You are not a competant source, and thus, you need something other than yourself to provide evidence of that claim. I've provided actual evidence to the contrary. If you cannto provide evidence in rebuttal, I'll accept it as your concession of the point and admission of ignorance on the subject.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  2. #102
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Catholics angry as church puts female ordination on par with sex abuse

    Though it entails that women are not equal from a sacramental standpoint
    A church does not have to be an equal-opportunity ordainer. There is no such law, and there damn well should not be. It's the church's business whether genders are treated differently. You don't like it, go to a different church.

    This is an internal matter of the Catholic church and no business of non-Catholics.

    I mean damn, should I sue the Wiccan church because a man can't be a Priestess?

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  3. #103
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Catholics angry as church puts female ordination on par with sex abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    A church does not have to be an equal-opportunity ordainer. There is no such law, and there damn well should not be.
    I never said they had to be.

    It's the church's business whether genders are treated differently.
    Well, the people who are in the church should have some sort of say.

    You don't like it, go to a different church.
    I would say that they should make an effort to change the church first before simply leaving it. But if the church refuses, then they should leave.



    This is an internal matter of the Catholic church and no business of non-Catholics.
    This isn't totally true. Non-Cathlics with loved ones who are members of the church who are harmed in some way by the teachings and actions of of the church have a vested interest in trying to change the church's mind on these issues.

    I mean damn, should I sue the Wiccan church because a man can't be a Priestess?
    Having an opinion about a groups actions and then sharing that opinion in the hopes trying to convince that group to change theirs actions and opinions about something ain't the same as suing them, Goshin.

    I'm surprised that your post is so laden with strawman arguments such as these, Goshin.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #104
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: Catholics angry as church puts female ordination on par with sex abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    Catholics angry as church puts female ordination on par with sex abuse | World news | The Guardian

    The Catholics are in the news again as the make it a sin woman who is ordinate. The woman who have been ordinate will be excommunicated, and not allowed back because the Vatican has made it a grave crime on Par with child abuse.
    Wait...what am I missing...isnt it against the rules of the catholic church for women to be ordained?

  5. #105
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: Catholics angry as church puts female ordination on par with sex abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i think women should be allowed to be ordained. however, it's up to the catholic church, not me. that's part of the reason why i changed churches. god will sort it all out, i think.
    I guewss Im with you...I REALLY dont see the issue here...except its a chance for people to hate on religion and specifically Catholics.

    Im ASSUMING that if you are catholic you believe the RULES actually come from somehwere. As such, you dont just make **** up as you along do you? If you dont believe in the church or dont like the rules, you go play on another team...but by what right do you bitch moan and protest that they wont change said rules? Wouldnt CHANGING those rules sort of invalidate their origin in the first place?

  6. #106
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Catholics angry as church puts female ordination on par with sex abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Wouldnt CHANGING those rules sort of invalidate their origin in the first place?
    Well, that's not exactly accurate, at least with respect to the rule in question. The Church has the ability to proscribe the nature of the sacraments. The rules of the Catholic Church can and do change. But they do so very slowly.

  7. #107
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: Catholics angry as church puts female ordination on par with sex abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    I disagree. You are equivocating your position now. What you said previously is that the Church considers women "unequal in the eyes of God." This is emphatically not the case. There is discrimination in the sacrament of ordination, and your are correct that currently a woman could not ascend to the papacy, but this is an Ecclesiastical inequality. The Ecclesia is not God.

    If you have changed your position then we have no disagreement. Feel free to have whatever anger towards the Church you feel is reasonable. But you are incorrect that the Catholic Church teaches that women are unequal to men "in the eyes of God."
    So the Church is defying God by not viewing them as equal?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  8. #108
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: Catholics angry as church puts female ordination on par with sex abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Science has not disproven anything in the Bible. In fact, there have been numerous examples where archeologists said the Bible was wrong historically....No Pontius Pilate, No Sodom or Gomorrah, but wallah! These same people found the cornerstones bearing the name of Pilate and confirmed that he was Procurator of Judea during the time of Christ. They also found the dead cities submerged in the Dead Sea with scorch marks on the stones.
    The sun didn't stop in the sky, nor did the earth stop rotating.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  9. #109
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Catholics angry as church puts female ordination on par with sex abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    So the Church is defying God by not viewing them as equal?
    It's a bs excuse. But religion is one of the easiest ways to discriminate.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #110
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: Catholics angry as church puts female ordination on par with sex abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It's a bs excuse. But religion is one of the easiest ways to discriminate.
    Sunday mornings are still the most segregated time of the week in America.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •