I find it funny, the government and special interest groups denegrate the Tea Party Movement (voters) and they cater to illegal aliens (non-voters)
I hope that works for them in November and 2012.
I would suggest that Racism will cease to be of any importance only when all peoples are treated equally with respect.
For one part of society to grant another part of that society, advantages that are not granted to ALL of society means that hatreds will continue to exist.
I am not aware of any political party that doesn't have their share of whackos. But the Tea Party, like the GOP, MUST make a concerted effort to seperate themselves from the fringe elements, the Becksters, the Limbaughnuts, as these people, due to their loud whining, have come to define the right and the truth is, that simply isn't so. It has cost the GOP and conservatives, as a whole, dearly. I do understand, however, why they would be reluctant to chastise this element as it probably makes up 12-20 percent of their voting block. That would be like the democrats standing against their supporters who look upon welfare as an entitlement. Perhaps there should be 3 party's. Democrats, Republicans and outright idiots. The idiots would probably take 12%-20% of the vote and the GOP and the Dems could fight over the other 80%. (Percentage numbers are just speculative on my part.)
It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.
If one actually troubles oneself to read the coverage of the NAACP resolution's passage, one quickly realizes that the accusation is not that the Tea Party is “racist” but that it has tolerated racism within its ranks, for which, I would add, there is abundant evidence for.Excerpted from “Black tea partiers rebut NAACP” By ANDY BARR, Politico, 7/14/10 1:11 PM EDT
Some African-American tea party candidates are displeased by a resolution that the NAACP approved on Tuesday calling the grass-roots conservative movement “racist.”
It's a simple declaration that the Tea Party should endorse, that it does not condone or support racism within its own membership or anywhere else for that matter. Period. That there is any controversy about this whatsoever, indicates that some within the Tea Party leadership aren't comfortable with that declaration.Excerpted from “NAACP resolution condemns racism in tea party” By HEATHER HOLLINGSWORTH, Associated Press Writer, Yahoo! News, Tue Jul 13, 7:59 pm ET
Leaders of the country's largest civil rights organization accused tea party activists on Tuesday of tolerating bigotry and approved a resolution condemning racism within the political movement.
“Real environmentalists live in cities, and they visit what's left of the wilderness as gently and respectfully as possible.” — Donna Moulton, letter to the editor, Tucson Weekly, published on August 23, 2001
We should have seen the signs of course. We should have seen a tolerance for racial hatred in the church he attended. We should have had our eyes opened when the man accused Bill Clinton...the nation s 'first black president' simply because he pointed out that Obama was more inexperienced and less qualified than his wife. But we just ignored it...he got in office...and...sunofabitch...its the same damn thing. EVERY TIME its conveeeenient. Every time someone disagrees. Every time they need to rally voters these assclowns pull the race card. Everytime. And frankly...I think a lot of people...left and right...black and white...are tired of it.
Last edited by VanceMack; 07-16-10 at 12:48 PM.