Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 202

Thread: Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Finds

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Fin

    I wanted to edit my last post, but that's not an option, so here's another good read.

    MinnPost - The latest scuttlebutt about Al Franken, felons and a supposedly stolen election

  2. #42
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by ads1981 View Post
    I wanted to edit my last post, but that's not an option, so here's another good read.

    MinnPost - The latest scuttlebutt about Al Franken, felons and a supposedly stolen election

    What? Another liberal using Allinsky tactics to discredit anyone who dares to question the validity of their status quo today? That's a good read for you? Hmmmm....Bet you think Olberman is a straight up Journalist too eh?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Fin

    Thanks for the personal attack, it made my day!

  4. #44
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by ads1981 View Post
    Thanks for the personal attack, it made my day!

    Well, In reading your article, it reads like something poorly written by mediamatters. The author is clearly in Frankin's camp.

    BTW, do you think Olberman is a journalist?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What? Another liberal using Allinsky tactics to discredit anyone who dares to question the validity of their status quo today? That's a good read for you? Hmmmm....Bet you think Olberman is a straight up Journalist too eh?
    j-mac
    Dude, just the title of that **** pile article indicates tons of bias. I didn't even bother reading it.

  6. #46
    Advisor Ziggae_6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Louisville, KY Hometown: Chicago
    Last Seen
    01-02-11 @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    345

    Re: Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What? Another liberal using Allinsky tactics to discredit anyone who dares to question the validity of their status quo today? That's a good read for you? Hmmmm....Bet you think Olberman is a straight up Journalist too eh?


    j-mac

    Funny. I decided to take a quick look at the Minnesota Majority who wrote the "objective" study. Who are they? They were originally headed by the prior Republican Secretary of State who was defeated. (see these three articles under Jeff Davis « Minnesota Independent: News. Politics. Media.) They made several charges of voter fraud that was not being stopped by the current Secretary of State both prior to the election and after the election.

    They brought suit along with other Republican state representives in the Minnesota Supreme Court in 2009 and their claim was rejected by the Minn SP, which stated:

    ..........the plaintiffs “neither describe nor identify any wrongful acts, omissions or errors of respondents concerning a specific election as required” by Minnesota statute. It added that they requested “no relief specific” to the 2008 election, noting that even if they had tied it to the election, the window for contesting the election has passed.

    In effect, the Minnesota Majority has made several claims of fraud, but you might note they do not mention much about all their other charges they have made in the past since they have been discredited.

    If you truly believe that Minnesota Majority qualifies as an objective "watchdog" group. I strongly recommend that you visit their website to get a slice of their viewpoint. I found it interesting that they financed an ad campaign against "Obamacare." Here's an ad from their own website. What a hoot Minnesota Majority - Standing Together for Traditional Values
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #47
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Fin

    While it is upsetting that felons were voting, I don't really know how much their votes would have changed anything. We can sit here and say you know most would have voted Democrat and yes that maybe true, but that doesn't say how many actually voted for Franken. As Deuce said something like 90% of the felons would have to vote for Franken and that number, even if we were generalizing, does seem high. Most of this to me is an attempt to get back at Franken over a recount that I assume a decent number of people in Minnesota felt should not have happened.

  8. #48
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,768
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    While it is upsetting that felons were voting, I don't really know how much their votes would have changed anything. We can sit here and say you know most would have voted Democrat and yes that maybe true, but that doesn't say how many actually voted for Franken. As Deuce said something like 90% of the felons would have to vote for Franken and that number, even if we were generalizing, does seem high. Most of this to me is an attempt to get back at Franken over a recount that I assume a decent number of people in Minnesota felt should not have happened.
    For me at least, the issue isn't who the felons voted for, it's that their votes even counted. How were they able to register to vote? It doesn't matter who won at this point. Even if every single one of them voted for Stuart Smalley, it won't change the fact that Stuart Smalley is a Congressman from the state of Minnesota. Ths issue here, and some people on both sides seem to be blurring the issue with reciting their party's talking points, is that this is voter fraud - plain and simple. The people of MN should be outraged - not that Smalley may or may not have won because of voter fraud, but that the integrity of the state's election system is seriously flawed.

  9. #49
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,744

    Re: Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    While it is upsetting that felons were voting, I don't really know how much their votes would have changed anything. We can sit here and say you know most would have voted Democrat and yes that maybe true, but that doesn't say how many actually voted for Franken. As Deuce said something like 90% of the felons would have to vote for Franken and that number, even if we were generalizing, does seem high. Most of this to me is an attempt to get back at Franken over a recount that I assume a decent number of people in Minnesota felt should not have happened.
    The recount was required by law due to the very close initial results. If people feel it should not have happened, well... they're wrong.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #50
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    For me at least, the issue isn't who the felons voted for, it's that their votes even counted. How were they able to register to vote? It doesn't matter who won at this point. Even if every single one of them voted for Stuart Smalley, it won't change the fact that Stuart Smalley is a Congressman from the state of Minnesota. Ths issue here, and some people on both sides seem to be blurring the issue with reciting their party's talking points, is that this is voter fraud - plain and simple. The people of MN should be outraged - not that Smalley may or may not have won because of voter fraud, but that the integrity of the state's election system is seriously flawed.
    Now, I admit I don't have time yet to read the whole thread, but one thing confuses me. In Minnesota, a felon, once they have served their time, is eligible to vote. So I have to assume that this means that convicted felon in prison voted. How? Does the state normally send absentee ballots to prisons? How do you make a mistake like this? That is what I want to know.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •