Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 202

Thread: Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Finds

  1. #111
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:18 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,452
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    perhaps once they have paid their debt to society their rights should be restored. odd concept, yes?
    No vote once you get out of prison.

    Perhaps after a decade or more of living a life free of crime, and having had time to assimilate to society, and then not all felons. You may have served your time, but have not proven you can be a productive, civil member of society.

    A second felony charge would disqualify said felon for life... the current status-quo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Again with the straw man? Really?
    Did anybody suggest anwhere that illegal voting shouldn't be investigated?
    You complained the folks narrowed their search, going to a know Lib district.
    Have you forgotten? Let me refresh your memory... see your words below.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Besides, this "watchdog group" didn't bother to verify felons voting in conservative districts, they only went with the Minneapolis area because they knew it was more liberal. Bias much?
    Blinded by bias much?

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 07-14-10 at 04:34 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  2. #112
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,803

    Re: Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    No vote once you get out of prison.

    Perhaps after a decade or more of living a life free of crime, and having had time to assimilate to society, and then not all felons. A second felony charge would disqualify said felon for life... the current status-quo.


    You complained the folks narrowed their search, going to a know Lib district.
    Have you forgotten? Let me refresh your memory... see your words below.
    ... yes, I was complaining that their investigation wasn't thorough enough. Somehow you took that to mean I think it shouldn't be investigated at all. ****ing amazing.

    Me: "I think it's too hot outside."
    You: "You think it should be hotter?"
    Last edited by Deuce; 07-14-10 at 04:36 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #113
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    After briefly reviewing both links - it seems there's enough prima facie evidence to at least investigate. If the evidence is strong, it should be enough to open up a lawsuit.
    I basically agree with this. It's hard to make this a partisan thing, when the group first brought the issue up prior to the election. Further, their motives are irrelevant if the charges are accurate. I don't see a lawsuit, but I do think an investigation into whether the number of voter irregularities is outside the norm(there always are some voter irregularities) and what can be done to reduce voter irregularities.

    Franken is still going to be Senator, and should be. He won not because of any voter fraud or whatever, but because he had enough votes at the end of the recount process. I will say the same thing I said about Gore in 2000...he has no room to complain because if he wanted to win, he should have done enough work to win by a clear margin. Once it goes to recounts and courts, anything can happen, and you just have to accept the outcome.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #114
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I basically agree with this. It's hard to make this a partisan thing, when the group first brought the issue up prior to the election. Further, their motives are irrelevant if the charges are accurate. I don't see a lawsuit, but I do think an investigation into whether the number of voter irregularities is outside the norm(there always are some voter irregularities) and what can be done to reduce voter irregularities.

    Franken is still going to be Senator, and should be. He won not because of any voter fraud or whatever, but because he had enough votes at the end of the recount process. I will say the same thing I said about Gore in 2000...he has no room to complain because if he wanted to win, he should have done enough work to win by a clear margin. Once it goes to recounts and courts, anything can happen, and you just have to accept the outcome.
    Quoted for truth.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #115
    Advisor Ziggae_6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Louisville, KY Hometown: Chicago
    Last Seen
    01-02-11 @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    345

    Re: Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    After briefly reviewing both links - it seems there's enough prima facie evidence to at least investigate. If the evidence is strong, it should be enough to open up a lawsuit.
    They did bring their laundry list of voter irregularities to the Minnesota Supreme Court--they lost. Jeff Davis « Minnesota Independent: News. Politics. Media.

    Also, Minnesota Majority stated that the Prosecutors Office in both counties investigated and did bring charges against a handful of the names, but not that many although they admitted that it may be due to an inadequate resources in both offices or feet dragging. Somewhere (it may be on MM website), they had a list of names of people prosecuted.

  6. #116
    Advisor Ziggae_6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Louisville, KY Hometown: Chicago
    Last Seen
    01-02-11 @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    345

    Re: Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I basically agree with this. It's hard to make this a partisan thing, when the group first brought the issue up prior to the election. Further, their motives are irrelevant if the charges are accurate. I don't see a lawsuit, but I do think an investigation into whether the number of voter irregularities is outside the norm(there always are some voter irregularities) and what can be done to reduce voter irregularities.

    Franken is still going to be Senator, and should be. He won not because of any voter fraud or whatever, but because he had enough votes at the end of the recount process. I will say the same thing I said about Gore in 2000...he has no room to complain because if he wanted to win, he should have done enough work to win by a clear margin. Once it goes to recounts and courts, anything can happen, and you just have to accept the outcome.
    Well, its more partisan than it looks as the Secretary of State's office is responsible for controlling vote fraud. The leader of MM was originally the former republican sec of state who was defeated by the current democratic sec of state.

  7. #117
    Student TennesseeRain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    10-24-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    222

    Re: Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Of course, you can prove that felons and illegal immigrants vote more than 90% Democrat, can't you?
    Yes, because there are numerous studies on the voting habits of people who aren't allowed to vote. Exit polls, too. /sarcasm.

  8. #118
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggae_6 View Post
    They did bring their laundry list of voter irregularities to the Minnesota Supreme Court--they lost. Jeff Davis « Minnesota Independent: News. Politics. Media.

    Also, Minnesota Majority stated that the Prosecutors Office in both counties investigated and did bring charges against a handful of the names, but not that many although they admitted that it may be due to an inadequate resources in both offices or feet dragging. Somewhere (it may be on MM website), they had a list of names of people prosecuted.
    So what's the moral of the story?

    Cheat and play dirty - even illegally and get your guy elected. It took 18 months with only a few prosecutions of unknown people. Sounds like a political win at the cost of undermining our entire system. Yay for us.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #119
    Advisor Ziggae_6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Louisville, KY Hometown: Chicago
    Last Seen
    01-02-11 @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    345

    Re: Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    So what's the moral of the story?

    Cheat and play dirty - even illegally and get your guy elected. It took 18 months with only a few prosecutions of unknown people. Sounds like a political win at the cost of undermining our entire system. Yay for us.
    You're projecting what you want to see here. MM and the Republican reps lost the Supreme Court case (against the current Democratic Secretary of State) because they were unable to prove any of their numerous charges. They turned their felony list over and the prosecutors in the counties were only able to prosecute a handful. Why? In their own study, the MM said that they used a list of people who were accused of felonies. That doesn't mean they turned over a list of people who had been found guilty of felonies. And they may have NOT BEEN CONVICTED by the time the election occurred meaning they were not guilty of voting illegally. Read the actual report. Its only seven pages. They explain some of the problems and how they are unsure of some of the info. Maybe that is why they only compiled a list for two counties.

    And no, they haven't had 18 months to investigate their list.

  10. #120
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Fin

    Much as I dislike the Democratic senator, are you suggesting that he personally located sufficient number of felons and then persuaded them to go and vote for him?

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •