Page 69 of 75 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 748

Thread: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

  1. #681
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    08-23-10 @ 02:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    81

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque - CNN.com


    I think what they are doing is in somewhat poor taste but they have every right to do so. It's called religious freedom and the people who oppose these seem to be borderline hysterical about Islam, as if every Muslim has dynamite strapped to him somewhere on his body.

    I think it is kind of wrong to label mainstream Islam with 9/11, It was fundamentalist Muslims who carried out 9/11. Just like Mormons don't like to be labeled with polygamy and Christians don't like to be labeled with the creationists and extreme homophobes.
    With all due respect, the first amendment of the constitution doesnít provide protection for a very radical form of totalitarianism that seeks world domination. Sure Islam is a religion too but it is also a very radical form of totalitarianism as well. Hence, you canít dissect Islam and take only a tiny part of it, while at the same time you ignore the greatest part of it to circumvent the constitution. You must take Islam in totality for what it really is, a totalitarian theo-political ideology with the main goal and sole purpose of subjugating the world via the imposition of Sharia, and no such system is protected under the first amendment of the constitution or any other amendment for that matter. The constitution is many things, but a suicide pact isnít one of them.

    Moreover, Islam in stark contrast to faith-based religions is also the only religion of submission in the world, whereby all Muslims must submit to the will of Allah, i.e., Sharia, the divine will of Allah, and Sharia is a harsh totalitarian legal system that institutionalizes discrimination against females and non-Muslims and that also incorporates a system of draconian punishments such as stonings, amputations, and beheadings.

    Not only that, but the religion of Islam also forbids the freedom of conscience under the pain of death. Hence, a Muslim canít leave the religion of Islam, as that is murtaad (apostasy), which is a very serious offense in Islam that is punishable under the pain of death. Furthermore, a Muslim canít even question the tenets of their religion, as that is blasphemy, an offense in Islam also punishable under the pain of death.

    Hence, even if Islam was a religion alone and not also a very radical form of totalitarianism that seeks world domination, I seriously doubt it would be protected under the first amendment of the constitution because you will never convince me that the founders would have intended to protect such a religion that is so antithetical to every American ideal and is so adversarial to everything they stood for and were trying to do.

    Therefore, I oppose the building of the ground zero supremacist mega mosque not only because it is a symbol of Islamic supremacism and an indignation to the victims of 9/11, but also because Islam is a totalitarian theo-political ideology that seeks world domination, and therefore Islam and the practice there of should be outlawed altogether from the USA.

  2. #682
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    An excellent point. Not knowing your enemy does lead to defeat.

    So you must be hell bent on defeat. If you think your enemy is all Islam, then you don't know your enemy at all.
    I have a different viewpoint on that. I can think of a few others, too... No matter what high-ground argument is made, I, and others.... Islam is a "religion" of terror and abuse and sociopathy.

    Many people forget, too soon, about the horrors the Muslims have perpetrated




  3. #683
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamaYoMoma View Post
    With all due respect, the first amendment of the constitution doesn’t provide protection for a very radical form of totalitarianism that seeks world domination. Sure Islam is a religion too but it is also a very radical form of totalitarianism as well. Hence, you can’t dissect Islam and take only a tiny part of it, while at the same time you ignore the greatest part of it to circumvent the constitution. You must take Islam in totality for what it really is, a totalitarian theo-political ideology with the main goal and sole purpose of subjugating the world via the imposition of Sharia, and no such system is protected under the first amendment of the constitution or any other amendment for that matter. The constitution is many things, but a suicide pact isn’t one of them.

    Moreover, Islam in stark contrast to faith-based religions is also the only religion of submission in the world, whereby all Muslims must submit to the will of Allah, i.e., Sharia, the divine will of Allah, and Sharia is a harsh totalitarian legal system that institutionalizes discrimination against females and non-Muslims and that also incorporates a system of draconian punishments such as stonings, amputations, and beheadings.

    Not only that, but the religion of Islam also forbids the freedom of conscience under the pain of death. Hence, a Muslim can’t leave the religion of Islam, as that is murtaad (apostasy), which is a very serious offense in Islam that is punishable under the pain of death. Furthermore, a Muslim can’t even question the tenets of their religion, as that is blasphemy, an offense in Islam also punishable under the pain of death.

    Hence, even if Islam was a religion alone and not also a very radical form of totalitarianism that seeks world domination, I seriously doubt it would be protected under the first amendment of the constitution because you will never convince me that the founders would have intended to protect such a religion that is so antithetical to every American ideal and is so adversarial to everything they stood for and were trying to do.

    Therefore, I oppose the building of the ground zero supremacist mega mosque not only because it is a symbol of Islamic supremacism and an indignation to the victims of 9/11, but also because Islam is a totalitarian theo-political ideology that seeks world domination, and therefore Islam and the practice there of should be outlawed altogether from the USA.
    Would you suggest we ban Islam all together? Because the first amendment not only protects Muslims the right to practice their religion, but also protects everyone else from it. So they can't do what you are saying they want to do.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  4. #684
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamaYoMoma View Post
    With all due respect, the first amendment of the constitution doesnít provide protection for a very radical form of totalitarianism that seeks world domination. Sure Islam is a religion too but it is also a very radical form of totalitarianism as well. Hence, you canít dissect Islam and take only a tiny part of it, while at the same time you ignore the greatest part of it to circumvent the constitution. You must take Islam in totality for what it really is, a totalitarian theo-political ideology with the main goal and sole purpose of subjugating the world via the imposition of Sharia, and no such system is protected under the first amendment of the constitution or any other amendment for that matter. The constitution is many things, but a suicide pact isnít one of them.
    As I've said elsewhere, there is no one Islam. Islam is not a centralized religion in the same way that the Roman Catholic Church is, and it's not even a confederation of like-minded congregations like the Protestants.

    Islam is a religion that, typically, is laid over the existing culture of a region like a bedsheet. When you look at a sheet, you see the sheet, but its shape is altered by the shape of the bed it is lying on.

    That's why Muslims in Switzerland are as secular as they are, whereas in other parts of the world they're more orthadox.

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamaYoMoma View Post
    Moreover, Islam in stark contrast to faith-based religions is also the only religion of submission in the world, whereby all Muslims must submit to the will of Allah, i.e., Sharia, the divine will of Allah, and Sharia is a harsh totalitarian legal system that institutionalizes discrimination against females and non-Muslims and that also incorporates a system of draconian punishments such as stonings, amputations, and beheadings.
    In case you haven't read your Bible lately, Christianity is also a religion of submission.

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamaYoMoma View Post
    Not only that, but the religion of Islam also forbids the freedom of conscience under the pain of death. Hence, a Muslim canít leave the religion of Islam, as that is murtaad (apostasy), which is a very serious offense in Islam that is punishable under the pain of death. Furthermore, a Muslim canít even question the tenets of their religion, as that is blasphemy, an offense in Islam also punishable under the pain of death.
    Only in certain parts of the world. Again, there is no one Islam.

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamaYoMoma View Post
    Hence, even if Islam was a religion alone and not also a very radical form of totalitarianism that seeks world domination, I seriously doubt it would be protected under the first amendment of the constitution because you will never convince me that the founders would have intended to protect such a religion that is so antithetical to every American ideal and is so adversarial to everything they stood for and were trying to do.
    Islam isn't what is protected by the First Amendment. What is protected is the individual's right to practice Islam insofar as that practice -- not the tenets of the religion, but how they are practiced -- does not violate the rights of others.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  5. #685
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    08-23-10 @ 02:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    81

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    and The Bible isn't? This is a double edged sword.
    The New Testament teaches Christians to turn the other cheek and to prayer for the salvation their enemies. It most certainly doesnít advocate violence in any way, shape, or form. Now in the Old Testaments there are some violent passages, but those passages were referring to a specific people, in a specific place, and at a specific time and in no way were open-ended commands good for all time like the violent verses contained in the Koran.

    In any event, it wouldnít matter, because Christianity underwent a reformation and an enlightenment. Hence, you canít morally equate modern day Christianity with modern day Islam, since Islam had never undergone such a similar process and for all intents and purposes is still practiced the very same way it was when Muhammad was still rampaging, pillaging, raping, and slaughtering kafir infidels across the Arabian Peninsular almost 1400 years ago.

    Hence, what do you mean by a double edge sword? Indeed, Western civilizationís entire system of values is based on Christian/Judeo teachings.

  6. #686
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    08-23-10 @ 02:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    81

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Would you suggest we ban Islam all together? Because the first amendment not only protects Muslims the right to practice their religion, but also protects everyone else from it. So they can't do what you are saying they want to do.
    With all due respect, the first amendment of the constitution protects the freedom of religion. However, it does not accord such protection for a totalitarian theo-political ideology that seeks world domination. Hence, like I said you canít dissect Islam and take only a tiny part of it, while at the same time you ignore the greatest part of it to circumvent the constitution. You must take Islam in totality for what it really is, a totalitarian theo-political ideology with the main goal and sole purpose of subjugating the world via the imposition of Sharia, and no such system is protected under the first amendment of the constitution or any other amendment for that matter.

    I mean if Islam was a faith based religion only it would be protected, but because Islam is a religion of submission that forbids the freedom of conscience under the pain of death and also a very radical form of totalitarianism that seeks world domination, it clearly isnít protected under the constitution because like I said, our constitution isnít a suicide pact.

  7. #687
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    08-08-10 @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamaYoMoma View Post
    The New Testament teaches Christians to turn the other cheek and to prayer for the salvation their enemies. It most certainly doesnít advocate violence in any way, shape, or form. Now in the Old Testaments there are some violent passages, but those passages were referring to a specific people, in a specific place, and at a specific time and in no way were open-ended commands good for all time like the violent verses contained in the Koran.

    In any event, it wouldnít matter, because Christianity underwent a reformation and an enlightenment. Hence, you canít morally equate modern day Christianity with modern day Islam, since Islam had never undergone such a similar process and for all intents and purposes is still practiced the very same way it was when Muhammad was still rampaging, pillaging, raping, and slaughtering kafir infidels across the Arabian Peninsular almost 1400 years ago.

    Hence, what do you mean by a double edge sword? Indeed, Western civilizationís entire system of values is based on Christian/Judeo teachings.
    You are thinking that the evil and immoral laws of the Old Testament are no longer in effect, perhaps you should read where Jesus makes it perfectly clear

    ďFor truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.Ē (Matthew 5:18-19 RSV)

    "It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB)

    "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

  8. #688
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,298
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    I have a different viewpoint on that. I can think of a few others, too... No matter what high-ground argument is made, I, and others.... Islam is a "religion" of terror and abuse and sociopathy.

    Many people forget, too soon, about the horrors the Muslims have perpetrated



    Same old tired. Fearful argument.

    I have plenty of Muslim friends and they have no intention of cutting my head off.

    The radical elements of Islam are a perversion of the Islam.

  9. #689
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    08-23-10 @ 02:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    81

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    In case you haven't read your Bible lately, Christianity is also a religion of submission.
    Donít be absurd; in stark contrast to Islam, which is a religion of submission that forbids the freedom of conscience under the pain of death, Christianity like other religions is a faith-based religion. For instance, in Christianity as opposed to Islam, a Christian can freely choose what it is he or she will adhere to and what it is he or she will reject, and they can also freely choose to leave the religion if they so desire. However, in Islam, on the other hand, a Muslim canít question the strictures of the religion because that is blasphemy and blasphemy in Islam is a serious offense that is punishable under the pain of death. Likewise, once a Muslims always a Muslim, as a Muslim canít leave Islam as that is murtaad (apostasy), which is also a very serious offense in Islam punishable under the pain of death.

    Only in certain parts of the world. Again, there is no one Islam.
    Wishful thinking? You couldnít be any more mistaken. There isnít one Islam and one Koran for radicals and another one with its own separate Koran for so-called moderates. In Islam there is only one Islam and one Koran, and in fact the Koran is believed to be the uncreated divine word of God and as such is immutable and good for all time.

    Moreover, the jihad ideology, which calls for the subjugation of all unbelievers via the imposition of Sharia, in Islam couldnít be more mainstream as all sects and divisions within Islam and all schools of schools of Islamic jurisprudence actively teach and preach it.

    Islam isn't what is protected by the First Amendment. What is protected is the individual's right to practice Islam insofar as that practice -- not the tenets of the religion, but how they are practiced -- does not violate the rights of others.
    Because Islam is a totalitarian theo-political ideology whose main goal and sole purpose is the subjugation of all unbelievers, all religions, and all governments under a very totalitarian legal system called Sharia, it violates the rights of others (unbelievers) by definition. Indeed, Islam seeks to replace the constitution with the Koran.

  10. #690
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamaYoMoma View Post
    The New Testament teaches Christians to turn the other cheek and to prayer for the salvation their enemies. It most certainly doesnít advocate violence in any way, shape, or form. Now in the Old Testaments there are some violent passages, but those passages were referring to a specific people, in a specific place, and at a specific time and in no way were open-ended commands good for all time like the violent verses contained in the Koran.
    You have an excellent point -- except that whenever a Christian wants to dictate morality to someone else, like on the subject of homosexuality, they point to the Old Testament.

    It's not honest to point to the Old Testament when it supports your argument, and then say "well, Jesus said" when it doesn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamaYoMoma View Post
    In any event, it wouldnít matter, because Christianity underwent a reformation and an enlightenment.
    Yes, in large part because there was a hierarchical structure to resist, whereas Islam has none. Islam is so localized that it can't and won't happen in the same way.

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamaYoMoma View Post
    Hence, you canít morally equate modern day Christianity with modern day Islam, since Islam had never undergone such a similar process and for all intents and purposes is still practiced the very same way it was when Muhammad was still rampaging, pillaging, raping, and slaughtering kafir infidels across the Arabian Peninsular almost 1400 years ago.
    Actually, yes you can, since so many Muslims are peaceful, and in many parts of the world are as secular as their infadel neighbors.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

Page 69 of 75 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •