Page 60 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 748

Thread: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

  1. #591
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    So how do you explain his willingness to actually modernize and adapt Sharia Law to the secular law of the land he lives in?
    He wants secular law written in accordance with sharia, not the other way around.

    I find it interesting how you use the term "moderate" when describing him, for like many others, what you refer to as moderate is reserved only for Muslims, and not used as you would use the term for anybody else. A Christian preacher wanting to impose the Noahide laws is not a "moderate", yet a Muslim who seeks to impose Sharia is "moderate" simply because he offers some vague mumbo jumbo. It is the fact that the bar is set in such a different place for Muslims than it is for anybody else that reveals one of the aspects of political correctness, this bending over backwards to avoid a consistancy of approach. People SO much want to avoid being considered prejudiced that they define as "moderate" that which is not really moderate in any way, shape or form, otherwise.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  2. #592
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Isn't Tariq Ramadan a Swiss citizen? One of those 'peaceful, hard working' Muslims you laud to me and others?


    j-mac
    Yes, he is Swiss. That's why I'm familiar with his rhetoric. He's very closely watched by the authorities, too. And no, he's not one of those "peaceful, hard working Muslims" I was referring to, for the very simple reason that he's not culturally nor ethnically part of that majority I was speaking of. Muslims of Arabic origin are a tiny minority here. Due to quite discriminating Swiss immigration laws it's extremely difficult for them to get a working visa, let alone citizenship.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  3. #593
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Now wait a minute here....You specifically said:



    Then you posted:




    The two don't square Maam.


    j-mac
    Why are you focusing on the exception and not the rule? I don't understand this mindset. It's prevalent throughout this thread. This idea that all Swiss Muslims are Tariq Ramadans is absurd. You do see that, right?

    Oh, and in case you're confused about this, Tariq Ramadan is not originally from Kosovo. He doesn't really fit in with the majority of Swiss Muslims.
    Last edited by Arcana XV; 07-28-10 at 11:59 AM.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  4. #594
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    I suppose, if you don't consider killing hundreds of thousands of people a provocation.


    So which hundreds of thousands would those be, son and which people in the trade center killed them??

    If you are going to justify terrorism like this, at least provide some documentation.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  5. #595
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Why are you focusing on the exception and not the rule? I don't understand this mindset. It's prevalent throughout this thread. This idea that all Swiss Muslims are Tariq Ramadans is absurd. You do see that, right?

    Oh, and in case you're confused about this, Tariq Ramadan is not originally from Kosovo. He doesn't really fit in with the majority of Swiss Muslims.
    lol....Political correctness and appeasement is leading you there.

    Bottom line - Muslims first, Swiss second. Get your facts straight.

  6. #596
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    He wants secular law written in accordance with sharia, not the other way around.

    I find it interesting how you use the term "moderate" when describing him, for like many others, what you refer to as moderate is reserved only for Muslims, and not used as you would use the term for anybody else. A Christian preacher wanting to impose the Noahide laws is not a "moderate", yet a Muslim who seeks to impose Sharia is "moderate" simply because he offers some vague mumbo jumbo. It is the fact that the bar is set in such a different place for Muslims than it is for anybody else that reveals one of the aspects of political correctness, this bending over backwards to avoid a consistancy of approach. People SO much want to avoid being considered prejudiced that they define as "moderate" that which is not really moderate in any way, shape or form, otherwise.
    By current Islam standards he can be seen as nothing other than a moderate. Could he be even more moderate? Sure. No doubt.

    Hey, by my atheist standards, he's a nutjob. All religious people are.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  7. #597
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    08-02-11 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    915

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    So which hundreds of thousands would those be, son and which people in the trade center killed them??

    If you are going to justify terrorism like this, at least provide some documentation.
    They weren't killed by the people in the Trade Center. They were killed by our wars, coups, and blockades.

  8. #598
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    I can understand why you'd think the comparison was a stretch, but it all has to do with what we're brought up to see as normal. I think you can make a reasonable argument that, if you're going to prohibit victimless crimes, it makes more sense to prohibit adultery. And who's really more fanatical about it? Do Muslim countries have multi-billion dollar bureaucracies dedicated to fighting a War on Sodomy? Do they have helicopters full of armored men with machine guns rapelling through people's skylights to catch them in flagrante delicto? If the police stop you in your car, do you have to submit to a team of dogs sniffing your fingers to make sure you haven't been up to anything naughty? We do all these things in the War on Drugs, and many more that are equally crazy. If you look at it objectively, our society is pathologically fixated on it.
    A) The anti-drug legislation is far more severe in the Muslim world.

    B) Again there is no moral equivocation between the death penalty for consensual sexual relations between adults and anti-drug legislation, your attempts to do so only go to prove that you'll try anything to justify the unjustifiable.

    Sure they do. We're talking about the same states. They just didn't happen to be united yet.
    Really? Which state Constitutions were written before 1776?

    LOL.
    They were and still are socially liberal, not all Quakers are even Christians.
    Last edited by Agent Ferris; 07-28-10 at 12:26 PM.

  9. #599
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    lol....Political correctness and appeasement is leading you there.

    Bottom line - Muslims first, Swiss second. Get your facts straight.
    If you're talking about this particular individual, you'll get no argument from me.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  10. #600
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    So as much as you may wish to be PC tolerant, every Muslim is a potential terrorist.
    And you, as a member of the male species are a potential rapist.

    Now, shoo. I'm busy talking to interesting people.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

Page 60 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •