Page 49 of 75 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 748

Thread: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

  1. #481
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Dude, you're making my case for me.

    This was a popular initiative. Signatures were collected and a referendum vote was held. The results are constitutionally binding. The government DID NOT WANT this law to pass. The PEOPLE of this country always have the final say and the constitution was changed after the popular vote. I may not be happy about the result, personally. But our system of democracy was respected and I have no choice but to accept it. That doesn't change the fact that the people of Switzerland have ALWAYS held more power than their government. I am perfectly free to go out tomorrow and collect signatures to try and reverse the vote. If I'm successful and a majority of people vote for my initiative, the constitution will be changed once again. Do you understand that all it takes in this country to change the constitution is a popular vote?

    And you try to tell me that our politicians have any power whatsoever? Now THAT is commedy GOLD!
    Dammit, beat me to it.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  2. #482
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    We'll see it sometime in the future..
    Wow, I guess your baseless paranoia knows no bounds.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #483
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Are you saying they're NOT building a community center?

    Weird.
    Do you enjoy looking foolish? I'm sure there are bathrooms too but it is a Mosque.

    I've never heard of a church with a swimming pool, a bookstore and restaurants in it.

    Americans are funny.
    And the Swiss need some help. If you can't tell this is a mosque you've got real problems.

    Why would an Imam already be assigned if its a community center?

    Seriosuly, your lack of basic facts is really sad.

    I don't really understand what that's got to do with the way our political system is structured. You don't know much about my country, do you?
    Actually I do know quite a bit and since you couldn't refute any of the points I made about your country you just confirmed it. Thank you

    And yet there's nothing they can do to stop it. Oh, darn. Well, rail against my little corner of the world all you want for past deeds, but at least here the people run the country. It's not my fault your politicians have more power than you do.
    LOL Really. So the people require you to have permits, obey the law and pay taxes and not a government? Wow! Take me to your fantasy land!

    And yes we can do something about it. We can demand they come up with where the money is coming from because its a good bet it comes from countries that support terrorism.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  4. #484
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Don't get ahead of yourself. Hmm.... I see, you are from Switzerland

    Didn't you guys approve a constitutional ban on Mosque Minarets last year? FOXNews.com - Switzerland Defends Ban on Mosque Minarets

    It's not my fault YOUR politicians have more power than you do.
    LOL!!!! Well done
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #485
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    LOL!!!! Well done
    I hope you're laughing AT him, rather than WITH him.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  6. #486
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    I hope you're laughing AT him, rather than WITH him.
    Then you'd be disappointed because he is absoltuely correct.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  7. #487
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Then you'd be disappointed because he is absoltuely correct.
    Um, no, because as ArcanaXV pointed out, the minarette ban was put to a public vote. The politicians did not institute it.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  8. #488
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Um, no, because as ArcanaXV pointed out, the minarette ban was put to a public vote. The politicians did not institute it.
    The point he was making was who enforced it. The people don't do that and it goes against was Arcana said about the people vs the politicians.

    No one people run a country, the politicians do.
    Last edited by texmaster; 07-27-10 at 12:29 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  9. #489
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    The point he was making was who enforced it. The people don't do that and it goes against was Arcana said about the people vs the politicians.

    No one people run a country, the politicians do.
    Um, no, he was totally confused about what body of individuals instituted the ban to begin with.

    If you didn't see that, you're more confused than Ric is.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  10. #490
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Do you enjoy looking foolish?
    Do you? Cuz you're really good at it.


    I'm sure there are bathrooms too but it is a Mosque.
    No, it's not. It's a community center. With a Mosque in it. Among other things.

    And the Swiss need some help. If you can't tell this is a mosque you've got real problems.

    Why would an Imam already be assigned if its a community center?
    Because there's a Mosque in it. I'm sure they'll have swimming instructors too. And
    cooks. Now that's something you see everyday in a Mosque.



    Actually I do know quite a bit and since you couldn't refute any of the points I made about your country you just confirmed it. Thank you
    I have zero problems talking about my country's past misdeeds. This thread, however, is not the place to do that. Switzerland's actions in WWII have nothing to do with the subject matter being discussed here. The only reason I alluded to our political love affair with compromise and consensus is because I was responding to Harry Guerrilla, who's expressed an interest for my country in past discussions.

    As for the "criminal" you say we harbor, if he was pardoned he's not a criminal anymore. But again, please create another thread if you want to pursue this, thread derailment is not really my thing.

    LOL Really. So the people require you to have permits, obey the law and pay taxes and not a government? Wow! Take me to your fantasy land!
    You say you know something about Switzerland, this comment is proof that you absolutely don't. Basically, the answer to your question is a big fat YES! Absolutely nothing gets done in this country without the people voting to approve it. We vote on practically every single issue, even whether or not to raise taxes.

    And yes we can do something about it. We can demand they come up with where the money is coming from because its a good bet it comes from countries that support terrorism.
    Well, we can collect enough signatures to prevent them from building anything to begin with. Hop Suisse!
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

Page 49 of 75 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •