Page 36 of 75 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 748

Thread: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

  1. #351
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    08-02-11 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    915

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    "our lopsided support of Israel"...

    Even if Israel was given to them, they would find another reason to justify attacking the US. We could give them everything they have ever asked for, and they would still find a reason to fight.

    Because until the world is Muslim and one of them is the Caliph, they won't rest.

    Thats the bottom line
    That's speculation, to put it kindly.

  2. #352
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    08-02-11 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    915

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    They were seldom if ever enforced and by Lawrence V. Taylor 36 states had repealed the statutes or invalidated them through the state courts.



    Ya the right to sexual privacy was found by the SCOTUS in Lawrence V. Texas, so if anyone even was brought to court and convicted of adultery it would be overuled on appeal.



    The point is that you don't have to go back far, in current mainstream Islam the only accepted views are that corporal punishment and/or capital punishment are the penalties for pre-marital sex, adultery, sodomy, and apostasy.
    So what? The point is that if they're not that different from what we were in the past, they may not be that different from us. Let's stop trying to subjugate them, give them a chance to develop democratic institutions, and see what happens.
    Last edited by Winston Smith; 07-25-10 at 07:30 PM.

  3. #353
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Opteron View Post
    Yeah, you're neglecting that part in your argument, which is why your argument is false, not neglecting that piece of information. Of course I wouldn't expect you to understand this, otherwise you would be able to properly respond to arguments.


    Actually, anybody who believes otherwise is a fool. I take it you don't live in the civilized part of the world or you wish to go back to the Middle Ages?

    The Middle Ages are not relevant to the actions of people today.


    How is this relevant to Islam, violence, and the 21st century? It's not. You're just stating the same irrelevant sentence over and over.

    Any serious student of human history will tell you that you're 100% wrong. Anybody who doesn't mind repeating the mistakes of the past will tell you that you're 100% correct.

    Be happy in your ignorance.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  4. #354
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    That's speculation, to put it kindly.
    What do you think would have happened if we had left Iraq the day after we captured Hussein? Would that end the attacks on the US and US troops around the world? If we dropped all support for Israel, removed every troop from Muslim countries, quit sending money to every regime, would that end the attacks?

  5. #355
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    I know, right? Me too.

    And it's the same arguments borne out of fear of the unknown and a twisted view of reality that is completely focused on the exceptions that make headlines, totally disregarding the normal and average harmless majority. I remember when people used to say that all Russians were savages bent on killing us all, and many posts in this thread remind me of that time. I'm willing to bet that not a single one of these people who rant and rail about Islam and Muslims have ever met a single Muslim in real life.
    No, it's more analogous to people seeing the Soviet Union or Red China and saying "that's not the real Communism now only if you gave the real Communism a chance".

  6. #356
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    History is always relevant.

    Christianity has demonstrated its potential to be a violent religion when it had the political power to go along with the ambitions of its leadership.

    In truth, today's Islam is significantly less dangerous than Christianity at its peak, primarily because it is decentralized.
    Ya I suppose that's why Islamic radicals are responsible for more deaths anually than during the entire reign of the Spanish Inquisition. In truth Islam killed more people even during the period where Christianity was at its peak IE the largest genocide the world had ever seen until Hitler which was perpetrated by the Islamic Imperialists on the Indian Subcontinent.

  7. #357
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    So what? The point is that if they're not that different from what we were in the past,
    Yes because the U.S. has a long history of executing gays for being gay, apostates for being apostates, adulterers for being adulterers, and lashing people for having sex outside of marriage.

    they may not be that different from us. Let's stop trying to subjugate them, give them a chance to develop democratic institutions, and see what happens.
    lmfao, us trying to subjugate them? What planet do you live on? Islam literally means submission.

  8. #358
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Okay, seriously now. How much are they paying you to make conservatives look bad?
    I am 100% opposed to Islam in every way, shape or form. Forget religious opposition. From a purely secular, political perspective, Islam is a clear and present danger to this country and to the American way of life. Islam is even more insidious than communism. Until the day arises that we finally decide to eradicate it, we must resist it at every point. It should not be protected under the first amendment because of the threat it presents to the US.

    Btw The liberal mods are itching to ban me

  9. #359
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    I am 100% opposed to Islam in every way, shape or form.
    Finally you've said it.

    I can now discount anything you say from now on.

    I was getting worried you could be objective on this subject

  10. #360
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    08-02-11 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    915

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    What do you think would have happened if we had left Iraq the day after we captured Hussein? Would that end the attacks on the US and US troops around the world? If we dropped all support for Israel, removed every troop from Muslim countries, quit sending money to every regime, would that end the attacks?
    Basically, yes. We haven't always been at war with Islam. It's only since we've interfered in their business that it's become such a big issue.

Page 36 of 75 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •