Page 33 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 748

Thread: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

  1. #321
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    For the love of God would you please research the arguments you are jumping into before making false assumptions as to what we are arguing?
    For the love of God, will you stop making generalizations about Muslims?
    "Doubleplusungood"

    George Orwell

  2. #322
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post


    No one has said the US deserved 9/11. We did invite it, however, with our military presence in the Middle East, our lopsided support of Israel, and our decimation of Iraq's civilian population.
    "our lopsided support of Israel"...

    Even if Israel was given to them, they would find another reason to justify attacking the US. We could give them everything they have ever asked for, and they would still find a reason to fight.

    Because until the world is Muslim and one of them is the Caliph, they won't rest.

    Thats the bottom line

  3. #323
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Kind of reminds me of the cold war...
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  4. #324
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    For the love of God, will you stop making generalizations about Muslims?
    At it's very roots, it's essential being, Islam is violently intolerant and incompatible with everyone who is not Muslim

  5. #325
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    How, exactly, is standing by and watching someone build something on their property, then using eminent domain to take that property away and destroy the completed construction in any way a Constitutional use of eminent domain? Why didn't you claim it before they built their mosque?

    For that matter, how can you seriously argue that New York city needs not only another museum, but another museum right on that spot?
    The Muslims are simply exploiting an available weakness. I can't fault them for that strategy. We do the same to our enemies. We try to determine their weaknesses and exploit them to our advantage. That's simply war and life in general.

    another museum right on that spot?
    What about a bacon sammich joint?

  6. #326
    Student The Dane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-10 @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    253

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    At it's very roots, it's essential being, Islam is violently intolerant and incompatible with everyone who is not Muslim
    Yeah if you assume that every single Muslim is a fundamentalist. With the same logic you could also paint the same picture about Christians.
    Ever have to dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
    Scales in the grass but the scales don't move right?

  7. #327
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Thanks for proving my point with your blind fear of Islam.
    I'm just sayin', the truth that our leaders and news media refuse to say out loud.

    We are in a war. Everyone who isn't a Muslim vs. everyone who is. Period. I don't give a **** how "moderate" the Muslims are or how assimilated, they are...

    We are in a ****ING WAR. Believe it or not

  8. #328
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    I'm just sayin', the truth that our leaders and news media refuse to say out loud.

    We are in a war. Everyone who isn't a Muslim vs. everyone who is. Period. I don't give a **** how "moderate" the Muslims are or how assimilated, they are...

    We are in a ****ING WAR. Believe it or not
    No you are at war with everyone who is Muslim. Not everyone. I know plenty of people that aren't at war with Muslims, but are at war with fanatics.

  9. #329
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    The Muslims are simply exploiting an available weakness. I can't fault them for that strategy. We do the same to our enemies. We try to determine their weaknesses and exploit them to our advantage. That's simply war and life in general.
    You didn't answer either of my questions.

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    What about a bacon sammich joint?
    Christ on a crutch -- while you're at it, why not wait for a gospel church congregation to build a new church, then snatch it and build a KFC on the site with a watermellon patch out back?
    Last edited by TacticalEvilDan; 07-25-10 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Mixed stereotypes, so solly cholly
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  10. #330
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Thanks for proving my point with your blind fear of Islam.
    Lets make it REAL ****ing simple. If you have roaches coming into your house, you can't kill all the roaches in the world. What you can do is kill/drive out the ones that are in your house, remove food supplies that draw them in, and create a barrier around your house to discourage and prevent further incursion. You plug holes and generally, create a chemical barrier around the house.

    The analogy carries over. You remove them from your country. You remove the attraction, i.e. immigration, jobs, benefits, etc., and you enforce your borders so they can't sneak in.

Page 33 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •